Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls: A Promise Unfulfilled | Complete Elder Scrolls Documentary, History and Analysis

Codex Year of the Donut
Hm… Did Sawyer actually say this? I can only find references saying he said this. He probably did, but I'm kind of curious.
snapshot.jpg

Roguey

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yes, i've read this also somewhere else.

Gamebryo a shit engine running on restricted memory on xbox 360....price of failure.

Deleted Member 16721

Watched it. Great documentary, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

It does make me look at Skyrim a bit differently. I want to play Daggerfall Unity or maybe the original to really drlve deeper into the series.

I'm also very excited for Julian LaFeys game, which if done well should blow us away. Could Julians game overtake the Elder Scrolls series? It's a very exciting time to be an rpg gamer, that's for sure.

Codex Year of the Donut
Watched all of it. Pretty good, actually.
Near the end it mentions similar projects that eclipsed TES games in ambition, and community created projects in the creation engine while overlooking probably the most obvious one combining both: Enderal.

Probably would have been better just as a deep documentary on arena/daggerfall, though.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

It does make me look at Skyrim a bit differently. I want to play Daggerfall Unity or maybe the original to really drlve deeper into the series.

I'm also very excited for Julian LaFeys game, which if done well should blow us away. Could Julians game overtake the Elder Scrolls series? It's a very exciting time to be an rpg gamer, that's for sure.

If the 'once lost games' studio can make a game that will surpass Daggerfall, then Bethesda will have to step up their game.

Deleted Member 16721

If the 'once lost games' studio can make a game that will surpass Daggerfall, then Bethesda will have to step up their game.

Yep. Something tells me TES VI is going to surprise us. I see them adding back a lot of stuff because they've gotten lots of feedback from Skyrim. I see the next TES being stellar.

But I'm also very excited for Once Losts game. Incline approacheth.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
2020's are gonna be some interesting times.......a lot of developers from the late 80's early 90's are coming back to make games again.

Codex Year of the Donut
2020's are gonna be some interesting times.......a lot of developers from the late 80's early 90's are coming back to make games again.
They should fuck off and stop scamming people with their "innovative ideas" that end up turning into train wrecks.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They should fuck off and stop scamming people with their "innovative ideas" that end up turning into train wrecks.

If it will be a train wreck then nothing's lost, but competition is good to have more games, it might turn out good in the end.

Yosharian

Arcane
B-but Todd Howard & his fanclub assures me that the new BGS titles are not running on any old code! They even berated me for using the word 'engine' incorrectly... You can't possibly expect me to believe that any of these problems are caused by old software, I simply won't have it

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Bethesda don't need the Daggerfall fans. They have Skyrim fans. They wouldn't give Daggerfall away for free if they thought there were any real interest in that game from a wide audience.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Bethesda don't need the Daggerfall fans. They have Skyrim fans. They wouldn't give Daggerfall away for free if they thought there were any real interest in that game from a wide audience.

The Skyrim fans will jump ship to the Daggerfall spiritual successor if it will be good enough, they are not Todd Howard or Bethesda fans, they play Skyrim because there is nothing else similar, the only closest one so far was Witcher 3.

Codex Year of the Donut

The Skyrim fans will jump ship to the Daggerfall spiritual successor if it will be good enough, they are not Todd Howard or Bethesda fans, they play Skyrim because there is nothing else similar, the only closest one so far was Witcher 3.
Skyrim fans are normies who would have bullied people that played daggerfall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom