Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls: Blades - free to play, first-person RPG for mobile platforms

jf8350143

Liturgist
Pay to win micro-transaction is like the basic standard for free mobile game so why are people acting like Bethesda is doing something horrible here. People should see it coming the moment they announce the game.

Turjan

Arcane
Pay to win micro-transaction is like the basic standard for free mobile game so why are people acting like Bethesda is doing something horrible here. People should see it coming the moment they announce the game.
Well, sure. This was originally also announced as coming to other platforms though, which means I'm looking from that perspective on the situation. Other than that, I generally don't care for mobile games.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game is pretty meh. It was designed to maximize in-game purchases. Gacha chests which take hours to open, resource gathering to expand your city, it's a grab bag of F2P staples.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So now they launching early access cancer even on mobiles? And first thing they add is microtransactions? In early access?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They know pay-to-play players with latch on like lampreys and suck that mobile dick for all its worth just to be #1 on the board.

Lordy, I hate touch-screen phones.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Blades is the complete death of my optimism in the the 0.000000001% chance that they'd be able to return to the series' roots and make a game 1/1000th as good as Daggerfall ever again. The way they're using procedural generation in Blades is a fucking joke. Their algorithm is basic and it's bland. It's one thing to have disappointing level design. It's another thing to fundamentally misunderstand and squander the potential of tech that the series was literally built on.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Blades is the complete death of my optimism in the the 0.000000001% chance that they'd be able to return to the series' roots and make a game 1/1000th as good as Daggerfall ever again. The way they're using procedural generation in Blades is a fucking joke. Their algorithm is basic and it's bland. It's one thing to have disappointing level design. It's another thing to fundamentally misunderstand and squander the potential of tech that the series was literally built on.

Bethesda have been systematically raping and pillaging their games for years and removing anything remotely inclined, why is it suddenly so shocking that a MOBILE game they make is bad? Of course its a piece of shit, its a fucking mobile game, the most degenerate scummy stillborn offshoot of digital gaming...

ADL

Prophet

Bethesda have been systematically raping and pillaging their games for years and removing anything remotely inclined, why is it suddenly so shocking that a MOBILE game they make is bad? Of course its a piece of shit, its a fucking mobile game, the most degenerate scummy stillborn offshoot of digital gaming...
Because it's the first they've touched procedural generation in 23 years and even when they revisit procedural generation it's a significant step back from what we had. I've played about five hours figuring out the tilesets and it's a joke.

I wasn't expecting Daggerfall-tier dungeons, it's a mobile game but I was expecting more than this, even from Bethesda TYOOL 2019.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
There are two paths you can go by...

-Blades and 76 are cashgrabs to fund future projects
-Blades and 76 are the final nails in the coffin of the undead horror known as Bethesda

... but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on.

HINT: I'm just kidding, there is no time to change the road. Bethesda is a bloated corpse.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The best thing they have done in years was Far Harbor and that was the B team.

At this stage I hope the next Elder Scrolls game is another 76 level disaster, at least that makes for some great popcorn viewing.

Deleted Member 16721

Microtransactions are fine as long as the gameplay experience isn't designed around it.

Why is that a problem for you? Do you find the need to have to tell others what/how to play? If you don't like a game designed around microtransactions here's a tip - don't play it. Problem solved, whew, that was a tough one. :)

Zibniyat

Arcane
"Microtransactions" is bad design in itself, so yes nobody should play garbage games "designed around them".

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I unironically believe Bethesda has never made a GREAT game. Of the ones I have played, Morrowind is the best, but even then I find it unplayable without mods to add some difficulty into it.

If you don't like a game designed around microtransactions here's a tip - don't play it. Problem solved, whew, that was a tough one. :)

Good advice. Ideally enough people would follow it to the point that this shitty game becomes an abject failure.

Deleted Member 16721

After watching the previews I likely won't be playing this game. Ah well, the wait for TES 6 continues.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Microtransactions are fine as long as the gameplay experience isn't designed around it.

Why is that a problem for you? Do you find the need to have to tell others what/how to play? If you don't like a game designed around microtransactions here's a tip - don't play it. Problem solved, whew, that was a tough one. :)

Because it prevents us from otherwise enjoying a game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom