Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will pick the game once its again on sale, I finished all the story lines I was interesting in, bit shame that none DLC/Expansion had story as good as the one in Orsinium, I thought that the Bro Imperial Mage was going to sacrifice himself in Elsewhere North but he survived, tough son of bitch Commissar might add, would pick the game if there was more Imperial themed content, like playable Imperial Legion faction or defending Cyrodil against all thee rustics Alliances or at least some campaign in Colovia around Sacre Tor.

The Last Legal Emperor Aquilarius Varro is still alive... so maybe..

Gerrard

Arcane
The number of people running around with companions is a pretty good hint as to why Zenimax doesn't give a shit about any player complaints.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Did they ever revert the no proc set bonuses working in PVP thing from a few months back? I miss deleting health bars in 0.1 seconds.

Gerrard

Arcane
Did they ever revert the no proc set bonuses working in PVP thing from a few months back? I miss deleting health bars in 0.1 seconds.
No, they said it will be until the next update.
They nerfed all proc sets anyway so they are now unusable in PvP and useless in PvE. For sets that are based on weapon/spell damage now you need over 6500 to match the old damage values.
:littlemissfun:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I finally got around playing Cockwork City during the free period and... it was surprisingly good. Didn't expect the steampunkish scenario to work that well, made me even think of Arcanum in the end.
Sota Sil turned out to be such a bro, playing infinite dimensions chess.
Also him dizzing Vivec and Almacunt in the end was a great epilogue. :obviously:

Codex Year of the Donut
I finally got around playing Cockwork City during the free period and... it was surprisingly good. Didn't expect the steampunkish scenario to work that well, made me even think of Arcanum in the end.
Sota Sil turned out to be such a bro, playing infinite dimensions chess.
Also him dizzing Vivec and Almacunt in the end was a great epilogue. :obviously:
base game is poo but some of the DLC is really good. Clockwork City was easily one of the top ones.
Morrowind expansion is also pretty darn good.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The Morrowind chapter also made me remember that the whole Molag Bal thing is all Vivec's fault. If he hadn't dumped his lover, Molly would not have been so hellbent on destroying everything.

A friendly reminder of Vivec's 14th semen sermon, an offical lorebook from the old Morrowind game:
https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_14
Putting TLDR into spoilers, because... WTF Todd?
After Vivec layed with the Prince of rape for 88 days, during which he "tenderly used his body", Molag wanted to "improve his rupture", because he accidently shaped his dick like a spear. So Vivec whipped out his own dick and "bit new new words" into Molag's. All the demons watching did the same until the earth was wet. Vivec then shaped HIS dick like a spear, called it MUATRA, the "milk-taker" and slew the demons with his hyperweapon. Raaaaance Viiiiiiivec attack!
Molag then got angry and vowed never to call Vivec beautiful again. Hell hath no fury than a prince scorned indeed.
Seriously, WTF TODD???

I don't regret punching Vivec to death back in the days. :obviously:

Caim

Arcane
The Morrowind chapter also made me remember that the whole Molag Bal thing is all Vivec's fault. If he hadn't dumped his lover, Molly would not have been so hellbent on destroying everything.

A friendly reminder of Vivec's 14th semen sermon, an offical lorebook from the old Morrowind game:
https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_14
Putting TLDR into spoilers, because... WTF Todd?
After Vivec layed with the Prince of rape for 88 days, during which he "tenderly used his body", Molag wanted to "improve his rupture", because he accidently shaped his dick like a spear. So Vivec whipped out his own dick and "bit new new words" into Molag's. All the demons watching did the same until the earth was wet. Vivec then shaped HIS dick like a spear, called it MUATRA, the "milk-taker" and slew the demons with his hyperweapon. Raaaaance Viiiiiiivec attack!
Molag then got angry and vowed never to call Vivec beautiful again. Hell hath no fury than a prince scorned indeed.
Seriously, WTF TODD???

I don't regret punching Vivec to death back in the days. :obviously:
That was Michael Kirkbride's doing. Being locked in a room for a week with nothing but booze, cigarettes, heavy duty designer drugs and no clothes does things to a man.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I haven't played this MMO. Compared to WoW (yeah, I know) how do classes work? Are there any? What stats are there? How does gearing up work? Player housing, mounts etc.?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
When it comes to classes, it's easier if you state what/how you want play, since all classes have 3 different "roles" you can go for and mix. Some are better for certain roles than others. And if you want to be a pvp/meta pro, I am not even the guy to ask.

If you just want to go solo and do all the story there is, you just play and don't even bother with gear until you are CL160, the max level for gear. Below lvl50 you get scaled up anyway. Then you can just farm certain overland sets combine them with quest reward pieces and be done with it.
Pros go dungeon farming and stuff.

Housing: you get a free inn room to place your 30 item chest, a small convienient one (fast travel) costs some 60k gold, but for a real "representative" you would need to spend real dollars, because otherwise you would grind for years. That's how Todd rolls. :argh:

ADL

Prophet
The pro strat is to be prepared for an ESO+ trial where your furnishings are quadrupled or whatever and place it all down while it is free.

Especially if you intend to circumvent crafting bag functionality. I did a write-up on how to do that couple pages back and you'll want those storage chests that give you another +360 slots. Ignore but remember this advice until you're CP160+ and begging for mercy because of constant inventory management.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Aren't those storage chests crown store only (ignoring writ vouchers)? Kinda pricey for a beginner.
Better to just make some mule chars and buy some cheap bag upgrades for those for now, then shuffle via bank.
Okay my bank is 140 over capacity currently, so I can't do shit until the next ESO+ trial, but... it's not that I had any reason to play before it... :hahano:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
the entire telvanni questline just exists to shit on players that wanted to play a telvanni, doesn't it? :hmmm:

So anyone still playing it? Or just me?

After going through the new Waking Flame DLC, I really appreciate their new philosophy of "non-linear" dungeon design, by adding secret bosses and those neat little activities.

I used to complain that the dungeons/trials are just a linear corridor, but sadly I must admit that even if they did design something "open", most players will just learn to cheese rushing through it, skipping mobs and taking the shortest possible path.

Not to mention that in general, Veteran DLC dungeons are, well, challenging. After beating the secret final boss in vet Black Drake Villa, I actually, well... felt a sense of accomplishment for the first time since some heroics in WoW Burning Crusade.

ADL

Prophet
On and off every 4-6 months but I did check it out last week. The new multithreaded renderer update tripled my performance in Northern Elsweyr. Now I never drop below my refresh rate at 4K. The content I enjoy (overland) isn't fun due to lack of difficulty scaling and the power creep associated with the Champion Point system at higher levels. I'm sick of doing questlines about some super intimidating cultist and one shotting him.
Veteran dungeon DLC content is still fun though.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I never bothered with veteran dungeons, which means I have to wait for
a) a new DLC
and
b) a new free weekend to play the current one :hahano:

ADL

Prophet
Their big Q4 DLC came out today on PC. Hopefully some of you got it for free when they gave it out a couple weeks ago. I forgot to post about it.

ADL

Prophet
Haven't touched Deadlands yet because I've been busy but the armory system is a real game changer. Also loot drops in all content including trials and arenas prioritize equipment you haven't unlocked yet meaning no more hundreds of runs looking for a specific vMA staff. Combined with the transmute station from Clockwork City where you can respec gear traits, it's extremely friendly to players trying to gear up.

For all this game's faults, grind doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Now they just need to address the lack of difficulty in overland content and it'll be damn near perfect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom