Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Nattvardsvin, May 3, 2012.

1. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    ESO is fun (and lively). That is all.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    So anyone still playing it? Or just me?

After going through the new Waking Flame DLC, I really appreciate their new philosophy of "non-linear" dungeon design, by adding secret bosses and those neat little activities.

I used to complain that the dungeons/trials are just a linear corridor, but sadly I must admit that even if they did design something "open", most players will just learn to cheese rushing through it, skipping mobs and taking the shortest possible path.

Not to mention that in general, Veteran DLC dungeons are, well, challenging. After beating the secret final boss in vet Black Drake Villa, I actually, well... felt a sense of accomplishment for the first time since some heroics in WoW Burning Crusade.

^ Top  
  4. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    On and off every 4-6 months but I did check it out last week. The new multithreaded renderer update tripled my performance in Northern Elsweyr. Now I never drop below my refresh rate at 4K. The content I enjoy (overland) isn't fun due to lack of difficulty scaling and the power creep associated with the Champion Point system at higher levels. I'm sick of doing questlines about some super intimidating cultist and one shotting him.
    Veteran dungeon DLC content is still fun though.

^ Top  
  5. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    I never bothered with veteran dungeons, which means I have to wait for
    a) a new DLC
    and
    b) a new free weekend to play the current one :hahano:

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    Heh, just managed (since Monday) to clear my first veteran trials, Sunspire and Rockgrove. Definitely an incline over normals.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    Their big Q4 DLC came out today on PC. Hopefully some of you got it for free when they gave it out a couple weeks ago. I forgot to post about it.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    Haven't touched Deadlands yet because I've been busy but the armory system is a real game changer. Also loot drops in all content including trials and arenas prioritize equipment you haven't unlocked yet meaning no more hundreds of runs looking for a specific vMA staff. Combined with the transmute station from Clockwork City where you can respec gear traits, it's extremely friendly to players trying to gear up.

For all this game's faults, grind doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Now they just need to address the lack of difficulty in overland content and it'll be damn near perfect.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Too bad the transmutation station requires you to own the DLC, which is never part of any expansion unlocks.
    On the other hand, the whole gear race is meant for subscribers anyway, it's not that filthy casuals would even need more than sets dropping overland. A free trial was enough to get me all the briarheart I'll ever need.... for the next free trial when I can finally play last years "wood of color" expansion. :hahano:

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    While I acknowledge that Zenimax’s management is swimming in jacuzzis of shekels coming in from crown crates (alongside all the Skyrim re-releases - hey, another one coming in 2 days! :lol:), and I hate playing advocatus diaboli, but still.

I’d say that if you are unwilling to pay, for dozens of hours of content, the equivalent of a large pizza, yet care about it in one way or another; then 1) you got your priorities and energy management all wrong, or 2) if it’s a financial strain, then the last thing you should be doing is playing any video game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • nice nice x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Depends on what you want from the game. The sub fees are reasonable and worth it if you are into raiding, PvP and all that. If you are a filthy casual like me who just wants to play the story, waiting for a discounted expansion pack is also okay-ish. I got the Skyrim one a while ago for like 20 bucks, giving me that and Elsewyre, giving me good value.
    If a hardcore player has to buy 1 DLC, it's still okay. If you would need to have EVERY DLC to compete, that would be a problem tho.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    I met one of those a few month back when I played FO76 except he was, gasp, competent!
    When I joined an open group to punch some RadTodds, he announced he would do silos now. He then did all three Silos solo, quickly, so the server could do 3 SBQs in a row. All the while you could hear his kids playing some other game in the background, until his wife came and nicely shoved them to bed. It felt so surreal and out if place in an MMO.
    I hope the guy was a streamer, so he got at least some shekelz for being such a bro. :salute:

It was so nice to get someone like him instead of the usual cesspool of cheaters and ADS kids. Sad.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    Eh, a lot of "hardcore" players are playing without ESO+, since you can buy crowns for gold, i.e. pay people who will Gift you a specific crown store item. (Though, the prices are insane nowadays).

The raid leader I know, pushing stuff like vAS+2, apparently doesn't even have most DLCs. It seems he just grinded must haves like Elemental Catalyst and Crimson Oath from free trials.
    You just have to have a chapter for a trial, though Blackwood was on sale I think 3 times already. Including just now a month ago for -50%.

And then, just by logging in and doing a 5min task during the event, you got the Deadlands DLC for free. (and other stuff like crafting stations and a target dummy)

No, you can just buy it with writ vouchers as a furnishing. Or just throw a stone and you'll hit someone who has it in even the most modest housing.

^ Top  
  15. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    I don't see why people play New World when it is a shittier ESO.

^ Top  
  16. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    There's two things I'll applaud New World for.
    1.) no animation cancelling bullshit
    2.) the majority of the PvE content is challenging
    If you turn your brain off in that game you will die very similar to Souls games no matter what level you are, it's always dangerous outside of the outposts. Everything else is worse though.

^ Top  
  17. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    I don't mind animation cancels, I only dislike that you can "hide" things during them and perform all sorts of crazy damage output in the window because you can't see what is going on during the cancel. If they found a way to fix that I don't think it'd be as bad. I'm talking from a PVP standpoint mind you.

If the alternatives are ability queuing or some shit like long GCDs, I'll take animation cancels.

^ Top  
  18. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Dunno why but I find New World really relaxing and it's world, mood reminds me of Gothic 1-2 and Risen. I just like to stroll in wilderness in NW and enjoy the silence. (till swarmed by near-insta respawning mobs...)

^ Top  
  19. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    I think the most offensive thing about New World is how gut-churningly generic and soulless this cookie cutter safe Amazon corporate product is. Shitty Chinese cow clickers have more soul and originality than that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  20. Humanophage Arcane

Humanophage
    I feel deeply excluded by this. Where is the Battlegrounds PvPer? There were entire guilds based on that. It is very fun, except for the inane queues. I suppose the Craglorn dueller is the closest thing. Looks like the image was made by one of the raiding bores.

My hierarchy of activities was as follows:
    1. Battlegrounds PvP
    2. Imperial City PvP (no CP)
    3. Trading

^ Top  
  21. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    I can definitely see Bethesda's influence in Blackwood's story, the characters involved all act like they are mentally handicapped.

^ Top  
  22. Xelocix Learned

Xelocix
    Can one of you autists seriously attempt to explain to me what the appeal of an Elder Scrolls game without actual racism, sex mods, or michael kirkbride is?

• NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Krumping gits.

^ Top  
  24. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    there is racism and especially kirkbride, the game even references c0da as canon

^ Top  
  25. Xelocix Learned

Xelocix
    The Dunmer, Nords, and Argonians are all in the same faction and you're unironically saying that there's racism in the game lol. Every faction is retarded anti-racist "lets all be friends for the greater good!" cringe that makes 0 fucking sense conceptually from the get-go.

No there isn't.

The entire game is one big c0da because the writing is fanfiction-tier at best.

• meh meh x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.