Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

The one engine nearly as bad (maybe even worse) than what they already use.

Amazing. They go out of their way for shit.

Black

Arcane
You know, maybe it's not really a WoW clone after all.

iGx3L.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Classes for ESO are revealed. There are only 6 of them, but they all play totally different yet still in the same fashion you'd expect from an Elder Scrolls character. Classes are:

Fightermagethief
Fighterthiefmage
Magefighterthief
Magethieffighter
Thieffightermage
Thiefmagefighter

Also:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
sounds like it might be the first wow clone to fail financially as well as being shitty.

Nah.
2HLi7.jpg

Seriously, is that supposed to be a Storm Atronach? Looks like a generic 'magic' golem, even has runes. Blegh.

Five bucks on Morrowind mysteriously being free of slavery in the 2nd era somehow. Bet on it.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Are they realy gonna make a MMO with that shitty first-person combat system, or they are just going to take Bland MMO™ and throw in ES lore?

According to the IGN.wiki, fights will no longer be 'real-time'. So third-person with auto-attack it is then.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane

Nah.
2HLi7.jpg

Seriously, is that supposed to be a Storm Atronach? Looks like a generic 'magic' golem, even has runes. Blegh.

Five bucks on Morrowind mysteriously being free of slavery in the 2nd era somehow. Bet on it.

I like swtor but this looks pretty disappointing. Cartoony art style for an elder scrolls game = lame.

Stabwound

Arcane
So wait, this is The Elder Scrolls MMORPG: Featuring nothing from the games that people liked?

Haha, oh wow. This looks like a bigger turd than I could have ever imagined.

Angthoron

Arcane
So wait, this is The Elder Scrolls MMORPG: Featuring nothing from the games that people liked?

Haha, oh wow. This looks like a bigger turd than I could have ever imagined.

What baffles me the most is the art style. Even Oblivion had a more or less "realistic" look to it (please forgive me the use of that word, I'll try to switch to verisimilitude soon enough), and suddenly it's this? I just fail to understand why. WoW/GW2 cloning I get, they are/will be the big thing. But why the fuck the art style?

Except for the runes it looks like a electrified clump of rocks, like it always did...

It looks like a golem with crafted hands and feet and even some gauntlets, that blew apart slightly when it was brought to life.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:MW-creature-Storm_Atronach.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/17166/965622-stormatronach_super.jpg

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Atronach_(Skyrim)

These don't look put together (you could maybe argue Morrowind's)

Whereas the screenshot shows what appears to be Shale...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiffibunny/4605427268/

-if he had sneezed too hard.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
It doesn't look like there's all that much interest to begin with, but once they figure out it isn't "Skyrim, but with players instead of NPCs!", what little interest there is will evaporate.

Ultimately, I don't foresee this doing very well.

Lunac

Arcane
I have a feeling this will launch with the next wave of MMO ready consoles next year, hence the rush. If so, this piece of shit will sell. No doubt about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom