Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Races confirmation I guess, but yep. This game doesn't have any reason to exist in the MMOG industry.

Angthoron

Arcane
Watching more of that video, loved the "Will you be able to stop playing Skyrim to play TESO?".

Jashiin

Arcane
Watching more of that video, loved the "Will you be able to stop playing Skyrim to play TESO?".

I just can't stop laughing about how this guy starts pitching this game. Creative director no less. The whole first minute just cracks me up every time.

Douche interviewer simply asks, tell us about the project:

his response:

So basicaly ehm you know the elders scrolls online has been a franchise people have been familiar with for twenty years and now you get to play it online. You get to play it with your friends, you get to play it with strangers. From the ground up we've made it just so it's incredibly accessible. Right, so, you get in ehm, we wanna make sure that you can group very easily with people, so it's gonna be one of the most accessible as far as socialy, you know, we have a lot of features planned that gonna make it so... you get together with your friends, you know, maybe you see them in the game, or maybe you see them offline and you say hey I wanna go play elder scrolls online so thats gonna be one of the, eh, the big hallmarks.

:what:

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, that was brain-poppingly retarded. If you can't pitch then for fuck's sake at least hire someone that can.

Sul

Savant
Yeah, that was brain-poppingly retarded. If you can't pitch then for fuck's sake at least hire someone that can.
Agreed. But I was surprised when he answered the lore question about the Redguards correctly at the end of the "interview". Obviously he is just a developer without any experience on big events and things like that but Zenimax couldn't be arsed to hire a proper PR guy.

Jashiin

Arcane
Agreed. But I was surprised when he answered the lore question about the Redguards correctly at the end of the "interview". Obviously he is just a developer without any experience on big events and things like that but Zenimax couldn't be arsed to hire a proper PR guy.

It just doesn't make sense, surely they've seen the bored and negative response this has gotten? From very mainstream sites no less...

His answers sound like he has to explain the game for the first time to someone. The suits have probably told him he has to emphasize the social aspect of it because that's the magic word nowadays but surely this wasn't what they had in mind. They should be showering this project with money and pr expertise if they are going to want even a chance at this becoming anything but a huge commercial faillure. But if they keep delivering entertainment like this I hope they've given up already. :lol:

Stabwound

Arcane
It's great that he talks about "the compass from the single player games" as being one of the great unique additions to the game.
"That's one of the things that isn't really out there in terms of MMOs." :retarded:

Data4

Arcane
I didn't see where Morrowind was indicated in the video. Daggerfall looked decent enough, from what we could see. It's a generic medieval city anyway, so declaring it generic as a form of criticism is a non-starter. Clearly it'll suffer in the scale department however, likely being no bigger than Stormwind. That'll be reason enough to bitch, unless it's rationalized that a thousand years ago, Daggerfall was much smaller.

Data4

Arcane
Huh. Are we watching the same video? The one with the Weird Al looking guy interviewing the developer? Because the only mention I caught of Morrowind was that you could start there, while something looking like Ayleid ruins on a mountainside played on the screen. Not trying to be argumentative or anything. I just recall seeing screenshots of stuff that looked "Morrowindy" and if there's a disparity there, it's worth making a fuss over.

Here's a shot that resembles those stronghold structures from Morrowind that looks like it's in a higher poly/resolution West Gash area, for example:

black-marsh-elder-scrolls-online-screenshot-630w.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
I'll check it out once I get off from work but I saw that in this video I think, yeah.

Sul

Savant
Can I be a Telvanni wizard?

Huh. Are we watching the same video? The one with the Weird Al looking guy interviewing the developer? Because the only mention I caught of Morrowind was that you could start there, while something looking like Ayleid ruins on a mountainside played on the screen. Not trying to be argumentative or anything. I just recall seeing screenshots of stuff that looked "Morrowindy" and if there's a disparity there, it's worth making a fuss over.

Here's a shot that resembles those stronghold structures from Morrowind that looks like it's in a higher poly/resolution West Gash area, for example:

Considering the level of derpness we saw until now I think it's a retarded attempt of doing Black Marsh in a Maya-like way.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can I be a Telvanni wizard?

Considering the level of derpness we saw until now I think it's a retarded attempt of doing Black Marsh in a Maya-like way.

Looks like Tiber Septim felt the Argonians would be better off without their jungle, too.

So it looks like we might finally get to meet Sotha Sil. (I still feel sick about this game, but I'm battling my inner demons as we speak)

Dunmer, Argonians and Nords in an alliance.

They have picked races from three adjacent provinces with easily the most animosity in Tamriel (which is no small feat as almost everyone hates almost everyone else in Tamriel) to form an alliance?

:retarded:
i dont even

It was... a different time.

DraQ

Arcane
So it looks like we might finally get to meet Sotha Sil. (I still feel sick about this game, but I'm battling my inner demons as we speak)

Dunmer, Argonians and Nords in an alliance.

They have picked races from three adjacent provinces with easily the most animosity in Tamriel (which is no small feat as almost everyone hates almost everyone else in Tamriel) to form an alliance?

:retarded:
i dont even

It was... a different time.
You mean the time when Dunmer traditions of slavery and generally being dicks was thriving?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom