Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus The Etrian Odyssey Thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Best place to start this series with a hacked 3ds? the ds titles or 3ds? I don’t care much for completionism when there’s so many entries, so I could use a solid entry-point recc..
For a first title I'd go V or Nexus, either being one of the later 3ds titles. Nexus is a bit of a "best of" title, so in the case you don't love the games and start playing all of them, it might be the game to give you the most variety, and replayability.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
IV being the easiest one is fake news imo, but I would start with it cause it's best designed. I think it has the coolest/most fun to build classes and party synergies as well, but at the same time doesn't have any cheesy/broken shite - which is probably the most important aspect of the series. Untolds are the original games with 3ds engine production values and optional (you can completely disregard it) story mode on top - it's safe to skip the original unless you hate the new engine.

Just note that I did not play Nexus, so I don't know how that one compares.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Nexus is definitely the worst place to start and should be saved for last. The main reason I would advice starting from EO3-4 is that those are missing some QoL changes (faster walking speed is probably the biggest one) so it can be hard to go from for example 5 to 3.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
As expected, no news from the nintendo bullshit.

HOWEVER; tomorrow is the start of TGS 2022, and on friday...

66nzNpZ.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
TGS is boring as hell IMO. Most of it is just about Call of Duty or gaming chairs or whatever.

Anyway, today's the day. Surely Atlus will deliver :prosper:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
TGS is the worst game show ever lol. Seriously the only game of interest was Wo Long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom