Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The final solution to postcounts

To demonstrate the unimportance of how many posts you make on the 'Dex i propose that all postcounts come with "0." attached meaning nobody will ever make 1 post because 0.XXXXX is always smaller than 1.

I myself am willing to be the first prototype of that system. :smug: DU what you have to DU.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Indeed. Just leave it there and let DU have fun resetting it left and right (and for use as betting currency in a plane/train tickets bitch of course). I'd much rather he rest post counts than ban long-time contributing members.

Erzherzog

Magister
Having postcounts plus the stats page seems to have worked in making a few people more productive. I don't see why there should be further changes.

DraQ

Arcane
How about making postcount user configurable?

Lulz would be had.

Erzherzog said:
Having postcounts plus the stats page seems to have worked in making a few people more productive. I don't see why there should be further changes.
[img:3pc8n7o4]http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/templates/rpgcodex/images/lang_english/icon_stat.gif[/img] said:
Code:
Erzherzog

Forum                 Posts	  %
General Discussion 	1,217 	69%
:lol:

This only proves that people post too much in GD, therefor a GD post should be only worth 0.5 while posts in RPG/News 1.0 and posts in Codex Workshop 1.5.
People will be more motivated to post there.

DraQ

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
This only proves that people post too much in GD, therefor a GD post should be only worth 0, retardo post -2.5 while posts in RPG/News 1 and posts in Codex Workshop 2.
People will be more motivated to post there.
Fixed. General gaming and other non-rpg, but non-/gd/ would count As 0.1 to 0.5.

Erzherzog

Magister
DraQ said:
How about making postcount user configurable?

Lulz would be had.

Erzherzog said:
[img:255ijvj4]http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/templates/rpgcodex/images/lang_english/icon_stat.gif[/img] said:
Code:
Erzherzog

Forum                 Posts	  %
General Discussion 	1,217 	69%
:lol:

Aye, used to be at 74%. I've posted about 5 times in GD this December. Your point?

I could spam other sub-forums to reduce my percentage in GD but that essentially defeats the purpose, now don't it?

Alex

Arcane
@Draq:

No! I don't care about post count, but if you are going to assign importance to the forums, the Strategy Forum needs to be at least as important as the RPG one. And the Adventure forum, while not the focus of the site, do need some has few enough contributions without having a lower value than other forums.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
SimpleComplexity said:
This only proves that people post too much in GD, therefor a GD post should be only worth 0.5 while posts in RPG/News 1.0 and posts in Codex Workshop 1.5
Oh god please no. We have enough problems with people spamming Workshop (well, it's mostly Prosper alts, but still). The last thing we need is yet another incentive for them to post rubbish there. Keep it all in GD please.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sceptic said:
SimpleComplexity said:
This only proves that people post too much in GD, therefor a GD post should be only worth 0.5 while posts in RPG/News 1.0 and posts in Codex Workshop 1.5
Oh god please no. We have enough problems with people spamming Workshop (well, it's mostly Prosper alts, but still). The last thing we need is yet another incentive for them to post rubbish there. Keep it all in GD please.

Agreed. That'd only draw more trolls to the Workshop. So meh.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think we should have option to vote "COOL BRO" and "PAPAMOLE" in posts under the nicks which would count total votes and we could punish shit posts and award good ones.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Post count +1

negativeman.gif

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why not just not include posts in GD at all in the total? GD is for all the trash talk and general crapping around about news, history etc.

Liberal would be butthurt of course as 81% of his contributions are there! :smug:

Maybe just keep GD posts in the stats so you can still find the GD whores and they won't have an inflated post count?

Kz3r0

Arcane
How about posting what you want where you want and let discussions having their course without added gayness?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom