Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Fire Emblem Thread

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You preserved long, many people said fuck it after Sacred Stones.
News to me, I thought SS was one of the more well-liked games for the English speaking community.

People stopping at Shadow Dragon, however, makes perfect sense.

Elthosian

Arcane
You preserved long, many people said fuck it after Sacred Stones.

Tellius games have their share of problems but IMO they make it up with their mechanics and mission design if you don't screw up the difficulty by using the half a dozen OP laguz units, it has been long since I last played the GBA games but I don't remember them having the same gameplay depth nor did I feel they tried to innovate much from Thracia 776 aside from the implementation of more detailed support convos.

Archibald

Arcane
Well I never followed any FE community closely so its possible that its only my own opinion here. And I agree that GBA games didn't innovate much and thats was my main reason why I started caring less and less about this franchise. By the time GC/WII games rolled out I was meh on whole thing already.

Fug

Educated
Popularise a series by creating a degenerate fanbase with Awakening, then snub the fanbase your new games pander to in order to pander to another group of degenerates. GG nintendo. :smug:
I mean weeaboos are autistic enough to buy literally anything as long as it looks exactly like all the other shitty moeblob anime out at the time, so of course they were gonna buy the FE games that have the most generic style out of the entire series.

Amn Nom

Learned
If Nohr's mission design is half what the impressions say I will be a very happy camper. Invisible Kingdom looks OK and I could honestly care less about Hoshido.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If Nohr's mission design is half what the impressions say I will be a very happy camper. Invisible Kingdom looks OK and I could honestly care less about Hoshido.

Drink long and deeply of Nohr, my friends, for after this release we dine on Awakening from now until the end of time.

Amn Nom

Learned

Drink long and deeply of Nohr, my friends, for after this release we dine on Awakening from now until the end of time.
The fact that they made a throwback game at all tells me they know the fan base is here. Where it goes from here all depends on sales. Hoshido is going to sell better, the Awakening crowd will make sure of that. However, if Nohr does well enough I can see them doing the two game thing going forward. If not, at least Nohr is a better send off then Awakening.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Invisible Kingdom is designed more like Hoshido than Nohr, which means you basically only have Nohr if you only care about that gameplay style

Fug

Educated

The fact that they made a throwback game at all tells me they know the fan base is here. Where it goes from here all depends on sales. Hoshido is going to sell better, the Awakening crowd will make sure of that. However, if Nohr does well enough I can see them doing the two game thing going forward. If not, at least Nohr is a better send off then Awakening.
Selling two games is incredibly jewish, and one of the reasons that I no longer buy Nintendo games, aside from them simply not making good games anymore. There's absolutely no defending splitting a game up to make more money, that's arguably as bad if not worse than EA's Dlc models.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Kind of depends - the first time a Poke game comes out, it's with two versions, but the differences between them are miniscule and you can just trade for any missing Pokemon. Usually there's an upgraded expansion version for each generation but it's like clockwork so those who can afford the wait can just wait for this version and ignore the rest.

So in other words, you only really need to buy one copy of any given Pokemon generation

Fates is more like if Vince cut out each faction from AoD and then sold them as DLC individually.

Siveon

Bot
Fates is more like if Vince cut out each faction from AoD and then sold them as DLC individually.
To add onto that, Vince would have to sell each DLC as about the same price as Age of Decadence. Give or take, 10 bucks?

It's a bullshit practice, really. Even as a die-hard fan I think I'll pass this time around. Too much bullshit censorship and waifuism rolled into one.

Avellion

Erudite
Reviews are in.

Metascore currently at 89 for Conquest and 87 for Birthright.

Lol at Gamespot. Complaining about the lack of grinding in Conquest.

Siveon

Bot
Meh. You'd have to be an Awakening/Nintendo fanboy to want to buy any of those games after Ninty went half conservative (what else is new). You either keep the waifus or remove them entirely. Don't half ass it.

I'm now waiting on the real Fire Emblem 13. ...The smallish SRPG game made in an SRPG maker by the creator of the original series. Way better.

Last edited:

Fug

Educated
Oh yeah, what's the name of that game again? I'm excited to get a FE game that is about, you know, the fucking gameplay instead of waifu shit and weeaboo pandering.

Siveon

Bot
Vestaria Saga. Had to google it and go to the shittier parts of game news to find it. I'd kill for an English translation once its released, as well as that game engine. I'm no saying I'd pump out the best SRPGs, but the engine gives you a playable gargoyle class. I have to mess around with it.

The main man's blog: http://zeeksweb.blog120.fc2.com/

deuxhero

Arcane
yzkluokyoa.jpg

I've have lost any remote sympathy for NoA. The entire branch can burn. Remember these lines are voiced

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
You don't need one. As long as you have a 10.3 or lower firmware 3DS you can downgrade to 9.2 and run pirates from an SD card

deuxhero

Arcane
Keep in mind the downgrade process has some risk involved.

DO NOT RUN THE DOWNGRADER IF THE TEXT IS BORKED

Rebooting and entering it again until the text works seems to have avoided the problems for most people. If you do fuck up, you can enter repair mode and update to 10.5 to have a working 3DS (though with no downgrading options)

Delterius

Arcane
I'm going to dive in the brine of 3DS pirating.
This is what you've driven us to do, Nintendo.

First you turn Fire Emblem into a dating sim.

Then you let NoA somehow make it worse all while still removing the masturbatory scenes, likely an accomplishment for the Ages.

Are the Nohr maps design and gameplay any good?:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom