Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2019

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I halfway expected Death Stranding to win but I think people would feel that it would be way too biased if it actually went that way.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Easy picks.

Game of The Year
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice(From Software/Activision)

Best Game Direction

a retarded category, should be "Best Gameplay Design". In which case Sekiro should win. Outer Wilds also a strong contender.

Best Narrative
Disco Elysium(ZA/UM)

Best Art Direction

Death Stranding(Kojima Productions/SIE), by a country mile

Best Audio Design
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice(From Software/Activision), but Death Stranding also very good

Best Performance

Mads Mikkelsen as Cliff, Death Stranding, eeeeeasy pick

Games for Impact

wtf lol

Best Ongoing Game
Warframe, also for all the previous and future years

Best Independent Game
Disco Elysium(ZA/UM), Outer Wilds as a close second

Best Action Game

Metro Exodus(4A Games/Deep Silver) because fuck animefags

Best Action/Adventure Game

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice(From Software/Activision)

Best RPG

Disco Elysium(ZA/UM)

Best Strategy Game

Age of Wonders: Planetfall(Triumph Studios/Paradox) because fuck animefags and also because both Anno 1800 and Tropico 6 are solid but tired and offer absolutely nothing new or surprising

Don't give a shit about other categories.

Also all these big event awards are completely worthless. They're just designed to grab your attention and then sell it to advertisers, that's the whole point.

7 hits bitches. Who has more?

Venser

Erudite

Good luck releasing it on March lol. This gonna be delayed at least 6 months, especially since they didn't expect the level of interest for a VR game and now they have to live up to hype. It's not just about locomotion.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
the hate comes from hearing it is ex-arcane devs then producing some top-down generic looking action rpg. it might end up being good, but not what I was expected or wanted.
How the fuck does this look generic to you? It looks anything but generic.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Sekiro GOTY. Glad i did my part. Now please Muyazaki add more variety of weapons and armors in the next game. And return to western locations, please. Those pagodas/castles/houses/things are the epitome of bland

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom