Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2021 - December 9th

Bigg Boss

Arcane
They actually showed Mordor during it too.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I actually missed it, but... Quantic Dream is making a Star Wars game? Whyyyyyy? I guess it could be a better movie than the new flicks, but otherwise why would anyone let a notgames studio license anything? :argh::negative:
The first thing I thought when they announced David Cage involvement was Twilek shower scene.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually missed it, but... Quantic Dream is making a Star Wars game? Whyyyyyy? I guess it could be a better movie than the new flicks, but otherwise why would anyone let a notgames studio license anything? :argh::negative:
The first thing I thought when they announced David Cage involvement was Twilek shower scene.

Push X to "Anakin!"

Bigg Boss

Arcane
cGSgVEx.gif

prengle

Savant
apolgy for bad english

where were u wen gaming die

i was at house eating dorito (sponsored by Geoff Keighley™, Doritos Dew It Right™) when phone ring

"Gaming is kil"

"no"

Bigg Boss

Arcane
apolgy for bad english

where were u wen gaming die

i was at house eating dorito (sponsored by Geoff Keighley™, Doritos Dew It Right™) when phone ring

"Gaming is kil"

"no"

Close to a haiku. Not bad.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Now, seriously, I'm still feeling bad knowing that Tell Tale is still alive, it will be all that shit again:
1 - Trailer starts.
2 - "Oh, it looks cool, could be a good game."
3 - "Oh, it is a really good franchise."
4 - "Oh NO! Oh no, Why? The Tell Tale logo shown up again."
5 - Now repeat this at least three times for all game shows you are going to watch.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Next year I'l be fucking some bitch instead of wasting my best years on this shit. Fuck Jews and Keighley. Peace!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now, seriously, I'm still feeling bad knowing that Tell Tale is still alive, it will be all that shit again:
1 - Trailer starts.
2 - "Oh, it looks cool, could be a good game."
3 - "Oh, it is a really good franchise."
4 - "Oh NO! Oh no, Why? The Tell Tale logo shown up again."
5 - Now repeat this at least three times for all game shows you are going to watch.

I was annoyed enough at what I did catch of the show, but after seeing that there'll be a David Cage Star Wars VN, I went to get the rye.

Lizard

Learned
They are really trying hard to push this whole "experience" thing lately.. Why can't games just be games. :/

DeepOcean

Arcane
They are really trying hard to push this whole "experience" thing lately.. Why can't games just be games. :/
Because many of them arent making games, when you use the word games, people expect games but when you say experience, hey if you gonna take a dump, that qualifies as an experience. It is vague enough so they can preserve deniability when people complain about their games having no gameplay. They claim it is just you having way too high expectations like expecting gameplay.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Outside of RE8 and Metroid, I have no idea what any other GOTY contender was about.

Ash

Arcane

Because real games are exclusionary as a result of challenge and interactivity. People are also intimidated by console controllers of the past 30 years & mouse+keyboard. Challenging game design, a learning process, and complexity is "stress" to many boring people.
"experiences" appeal to the widest possible audience, and game devs are largely sellout scum.

Because actual gamers are the minority. Outnumbered by:

-Middle-aged people, zoomers and even many millennial cucks that "game" on their mobiles, or just own the latest console and only play the occasional latest highly marketed AAA shit.
-Brainwashed zoomers in particular that don't know better, because they've been fed shit for 20 years now/their entire existence
-Storyfaggot retards and graphics whores, both of which are everywhere even among those that lived the glorious 90s.
-Those that never got the true golden age experience, just stuck to one platform, or worse, one genre, and never really gamed that much. Such people have no idea what has truly been lost, never developed standards, and don't see the problem.
-Multiplayer cucks which while are largely gameplay-focused, are ultimately sucked in by repetitive mind rot, MP game design is stagnant, basic, and uncreative as fuck and the social experience is given too much emphasis. One instance in which games are actually games always, but it is a bit degenerate for my liking, filled with microtransaction and is the only form of actual pure-ish game allowed in AAA industry today, superseding monocled singleplayer experiences.

Worst of all is how much people just eat up whatever shit is shoved down their throats with multi-million or billion dollar marketing campaigns without question. Fucking idiots. As well as the evil scum that create those campaigns for their soulless golden turd-in-a-box.

Game design, gaming and gamers are dead/dying.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Only way I would be half sober while watching the Game Awards would be if Jeff actually wore his famous pope hat through the whole show.

Lizard

Learned
-Multiplayer cucks which while are largely gameplay-focused, are ultimately sucked in by repetitive mind rot, MP game design is stagnant, basic, and uncreative as fuck and the social experience is given too much emphasis. One instance in which games are actually games always, but it is a bit degenerate for my liking, filled with microtransaction and is the only form of actual pure-ish game allowed in AAA industry today, superseding monocled singleplayer experiences.

Game design, gaming and gamers are dead/dying.

Man I miss when multiplayer was more in the hands of the players/community. Jumping on your favorite server and seeing familiar name tags, if there was a hacker an admin would just ban them right away. Having LAN parties with friends:negative: I haven't been multiplayer gaming much at all since dedicated player servers started dying in favor of matchmaking, aside from the occasional local co-op/vs game.
There is just something different about playing an actual person in certain kinds of games, the adrenaline and slight anxiety I just don't get in other games. Hopefully all the machine learning leads to good AI in the future that can sort of replicate this feel in singleplayer campaigns.

Ash

Arcane
Even classic multiplayer gaming is a little degenerate for my liking (generally basic and repetitive on the whole), but yes it was still far more respectable back then because it was innovative, creative and evolving at the time, no microtrans and other garbage, and before battle royales or call of duty clones as a rule was a thing

I still love multiplayer in concept and practice but it always feels dirty and degenerate, easy to get addicted to playing the same thing over and over trying to chase the initial thrill or the rare awesome clutch moments...I rarely play anymore.

Couch co-op on the other hand I will never tire of. Actual meaningful social component rather than interacting with random fuckwads online.

But overall I'm being a little pretentious here, multiplayer is one of the only forms of "real" gaming left in AAA given that it is mostly gameplay-focused without much fluff (e.g cinematic BS, various casual assistance features are not built-in as standard like they are in singleplayer), and can be a shitton of fun, I resent it mainly because it too contributed significantly to the decline.

Last edited:

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
One moment a game that doesn't celebrate no fault divorce and champions a functional white American family wins an award, the next millions of Jews are being shuttled into an incinerator ran by white supremacists. The horror...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom