Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Goddamn Batman: Arkham Origins

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/19668.html

Batman Arkham Origins has just been announced for PC, Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360! Set several years before the previous chapters in the series, the story will put you in the shoes of a younger Batman. Players will meet many of the franchise’s most important characters for the first time and even develop important relationships with them.

Alongside the main game, a handheld title called Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will be available for 3DS and Vita platforms. Both games will be available on October 25th of this year, and will be developed by WB Games Montreal, rather than series creator Rocksteady. Stay tuned to Gamefocus for more details on the game!

Day 1 purchase or another Montreal rape? Can't decide. But the lack of Rocksteady sure makes me worrying.

Dexter

Arcane
I hope they finally get rid of that piece of shit Games for Windows Live...

potatojohn

Arcane
More batman games? I played the first one for two hours, realized that it wasn't interesting and haven't cared since.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
No Rocksteady? Setting off alarm bells already.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thread title fail. "The Goddamn" should be added to the beginning.

Also, let's hope this one actually works and is free from the biggest malware of the 21st Century: GFWL. What would really make the Arkham series perfect is actually being able to complete one of them.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Fun story about GfWL, SecuROM and Arkham City. It has limited activations. If you need to reinstall it on more than 3 computers, you need to get a new key. Except, WB Games are no longer providing new keys for games purchased after 18 months. So basically if you bought the game at launch (or even just a reasonable amount of time ago) and you need to reinstall, too fucking bad, asshole.

I actually find it unbelievable that Valve are even selling the game given this situation.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Fun story about GfWL, SecuROM and Arkham City. It has limited activations. If you need to reinstall it on more than 3 computers, you need to get a new key. Except, WB Games are no longer providing new keys for games purchased after 18 months. So basically if you bought the game at launch (or even just a reasonable amount of time ago) and you need to reinstall, too fucking bad, asshole.

I actually find it unbelievable that Valve are even selling the game given this situation.

What are you talking about? TPB have archives of the game once you run out of installs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
As interactive movies, they're okay. As games, they're mostly generic console beat-em-ups with a lot of unrealized potential. I suspect the third installment will have even shittier gameplay.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Arkham city's OC was too easy, but some of the riddler challenges were great and fighting challenges(whatever they were actually called) could get really challenging. In other words, I think the gameplay fit narrative perfectly. In fact, it's one of the most coherent gaming experiences i've had in years.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City were taken more from Batman: The Animated Series, then the Batman comic books. Since I loved the animated series, and because I love stealth-based games, these games were a big win for me. Probably the best PS3 games I've tried thus far, though I'm more into PC games anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom