Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Golden Baby Is Back: Grimoire Superdemo Released!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Cleveland Mark Blakemore; Golden Era Games; Grimoire

9112.png

The past six months haven't been so good for Codexian ubermensch Cleveland Mark Blakemore, author of vaporware dungeon crawling masterpiece Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar. After the conclusion of the game's second Indiegogo drive and the release of the last version of its public demo back in April, things suddenly became very quiet. There was no sign of a final release for the game, nor even of the promised backers-only "superdemo".

In May - the game's originally planned release date - the news surfaced that Cleve and his family had moved to another city, and scamming accusations began to fly. As the year continued and promising RPG after promising RPG was postponed to 2014, Cleve's fans and backers grew ever more restless. The broadcasting of a series of Grimoire LP videos by Cleve's Australian-accented son, Cooper Blakemore, did little to quell the growing outrage.

But all that ended this morning when the following announcement appeared on the game's IndieGogo page:

The Super Demo is now accessible for pledged campaign contributors only at :

Grimoire Super Demo Download Link

Please note that after installation, the super demo activates your onboard webcam and then attempts to match your likeness to the NSA archives at the Echelon facility here in Australia. Failing to find a match to our list of contributors will mean you will immediately be invoiced for a million dollars worth of Amway merchandise that will be dumped on your door, most of it worthless garbage you will never even be able to sell to your own relatives like oversize cans of Crisco and huge bags of yarn fragments. Crawling through waist deep piles of greasy yarn in your living room that become increasingly tangled over the years you will rue the day you downloaded the Grimoire Super Demo without being a contributor. You have been warned.
Better late than never, Cleve, better late than never. Enjoy the new demo, Grimoire fans!

(Please note: the Codex staff can neither confirm nor deny that the demo is actually protected in the manner described. Melonheads beware.)

kaizoku

Arcane
So he didn't spend all that money on pimping his bunker after all.

mercyRPG

Cipher
Anyone experiencing jammed left arrow icon from time to time in the "Select Action", where you can FIGHT,CAST, SEARCH etc.. ?

Win XP SP3 The game works & feels fabulously otherwise, this will be a great commercial success!

Dorateen

Arcane
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Grimoire Super-Demo Release Day shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that pledged to the indiegogo campaign with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Codexia now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That pledged with us upon Grimoire Super-Demo Release Day.

himmy

Arcane
Chrome is telling me that "20131101230731-GrimoireSuperDemoV15.exe is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous". The reviews are already starting.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Knowing Cleve, I wouldn't be surprised if the installer scanned your computer for a registered account to the Codex and then attempted to nuke your hard drive from orbit.

Edit: fucketh me, that loading screen looks like it is from another age! The memories … And then there is Cleve's madness oozing out from every pixel! :D

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Knowing Cleve, I wouldn't be surprised if the installer scanned your computer for a registered account to the Codex and then attempted to nuke your hard drive from orbit.

Edit: fucketh me, that loading screen looks like it is from another age! The memories … And then there is Cleve's madness oozing out from every pixel! :D
You mean an account on the 'Watch.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
What does Central Limit Theorum have to do with this? And why would you want lower standard deviation? Do you want an average character?

FACT: every score on the 4d8 has a higher probability than getting the same on a 5d6

The only advantage might be if you're aiming to get just bad stats instead of really bad stats

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So wait, is the superdemo actually public, given that the download link is right there in the open? Has any non-backer tried it out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom