Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Guild 3

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Nothing special in the steam page. Any gameplay videos?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Nah, we'd see them already. Some bits from forums:
  • We have a skilltree in The Guild 3. With gamestart you choose one of the basic skills, like handicraft or sleight of hands. During the game, you can choose more and more skills, even from other skill paths than your first basic skill.
  • You must have learned a skill to own and manage a business. Example: "handicraft iron" may unlock the business blacksmithy lvl1

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Time to move this thread:

Nordic Games today released an overview of its line-up of exciting games coming to console, PC and mobile platforms during 2016 and 2017.

The big releases coming in the near future from Nordic Games are all RPGs, with The Guild 3 being a mixture of eco-sim and RPG, SpellForce 3 blending RTS and RPG together, ELEX being an RPG set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world with sci-fi elements, and Battle Chasers: Nightwar, where JRPG meets action-packed dungeons.

2016:

Titles Platforms

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 iOS/Android, WiiU

Battle Worlds: Kronos PC, PS4, Xbox One

MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore Xbox One

The Guild 3 PC

SpellForce 3 PC

2017:

Titles Platforms

ELEX PC, PS4, Xbox One

Battle Chasers: Nightwar PC/Mac, Xbox One, PS4

Aquanox Deep Descent PC/Mac, Xbox One, PS4

http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/article/2016_and_2017_seem_to_be_the_rpg_years_for_nordic_games

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Some screenshots from their FB page. From the newest.
vCAfdJ3.jpg
2lpjM3x.jpg
Mek0IFZ.jpg
zX6rNvE.jpg
ezF5Noa.jpg
s4M0GPA.jpg
aUmaLFh.jpg
Lqx5CYn.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They had to rebuild the game from the ground up, so looking exactly as before would already be a victory.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
you are curious about The Guild 3 and want to see more of the game? Then meet us at the Role Play Convention in Cologne, on 28th and 29th May! We, especially Heinrich (producer), are happy to answer your questions personally.

www.rpc-germany.de

‪#‎TheGuild3‬ @ ‪#‎RPC2016‬

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I hope they weren't lying about modding and moddability of this game. One of the devs said you would be able to easily add new crafting professions/political positions/items/options in buildings and other stuff without a big hassle. That could really end up as an amazing game.
Who cares about graphics.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Personality and Character
Artificial Intelligence in The Guild 3 Sets a New Benchmark in the Genre
Vienna (Austria) – 23rd June 2016: Nordic Games is reviving an old legend with The Guild 3. In this unique blend of economic simulation, strategy, historical life simulation and RPG in 3D, the player builds his own dynasty and decides which path to follow.

The game development is the work of Canadian team GolemLabs based in Sherbrooke, Canada, who have already gained extensive experience in developing strategy games and AI in computer games, including in the highly acclaimed SuperPower 2.

Trailers, screenshots and other assets are available on the Nordic Games Press FTP:
FTP: 188.138.113.72 / User: press / Password: YouRock59!

Evolutive Human Emulator
In The Guild 3, the player will experience an AI that sets a new benchmark for the genre: the extraordinarily adaptive AI system, the EHE (Evolutive Human Emulator), will set new standards for economic simulations. Based on a system of six character attributes and the AI’s ability to adapt to any need and motivation system, it enables characteristic behaviour patterns to emerge and develop - resulting in an incredibly immersive game ambience.

Each Decision Influences the Game
“The artificial intelligence is a major element in the game, and our technology and design have focused on this feature since we started working on this project. Not only because this is one of our specialities here at GolemLabs, but also because this feature is equally important for Nordic Games”, says Jean-René, founder and leading programmer at GolemLabs. “Each little action in the game has a set of values that influence the various aspects of the AI to provide a more realistic game feeling. Every decision the player makes will affect the environment, the activity and behaviour of the NPCs, so EHE sets the player ever-increasing challenges.”

About The Guild 3
The Guild 3 takes place in Central Europe in the year 1400 where players can found a family dynasty that endures through the centuries. As the game world is in constant flux, the player must prove his skills in handicraft and trade, adeptness in social occasions and ultimately politics, and be a master at devising plots and intrigues.

Key Features
• AI System: The new, adaptive AI system is based on a system of six character attributes.
• Societies: Particularly influential organisations, some publicly known and others that are cloaked in secrecy.
• Massive Replayability: The AI and the random-based global events ensure that every scenario and game feel and play differently
• Character/Dynasty Evolution: A complex skill tree, professions, actions and bonuses are waiting to be unlocked.
• Multiplayer With up to 16 Players: Integrated multiplayer mode and connection with other The Guild 3 players regardless of where the game was purchased.
• Map Editor: Players can create maps to share with the gaming community and select their favourites from a constantly expanding library of scenarios.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I wonder if a Canadian developer can successfully develop such a German game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We'll be attending a presentation + hands-on next week where we might get to ask a few questions. Anything you want to know about the gameplay (or any questions for the devs) can go here.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Reposting this for people who'd like to ask something similiar.

1) Ask them about modding. How hard will it be to implement custom assets (models, textures etc.) to the game? Can we expect new business lines in mods? They were promoting the game around it, so I'm curious how much of it still stands (and if modding for them doesn't mean map editor only).
2) Political/Judical system. The Guild 2 reneissance level, or more advanced?
3) Can we expect any "brand new" profession/branch compared to Europa1400/The Guild 2?
4) Will we get any more diplomatic options for AI dynasties? Could some of them actually behave friendly, try to gift and find an potential ally in player? As far as I remember, maintaining any kind of friendship was fucking absurdely hard. Almost every dynasty on every difficulty level in Guild 2 were my enemies. And I wasn't playing rogues all that much.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
How is AI handling trade and automated trade. Guild 2 had retarded trade system and faulty AI automation.
Also, ask if all profession will be in demand and how they solved issues with tavern holders being unable to sell food in Guild2 due to AI reluctance to use this buildings.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
So, was there any Gamescom footage shown? I can't find it in any streams :<

Dear The Guild 3 fans, in the course of Gamescom we would like to announce that the release of The Guild 3, planned for 2016, is postponed to the first quarter of 2017. We have taken this decision in order to have enough time to deliver the best possible The Guild 3 experience on the day of release.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, was there any Gamescom footage shown? I can't find it in any streams :<

Dear The Guild 3 fans, in the course of Gamescom we would like to announce that the release of The Guild 3, planned for 2016, is postponed to the first quarter of 2017. We have taken this decision in order to have enough time to deliver the best possible The Guild 3 experience on the day of release.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I forgot to tell you questions. And suggest you to torture them with asking about Guild one wackiness and its charm like using undeads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom