Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Regarding the Charr, I picked them in GW2 because the Norn intro cutscene they basically say "wahhh, a dragon kicked us out of our homeland." Charr cutscene, our gods pissed us off, so we fucking killed them.

I'm cool with just being that faction. I play destro in RoR, I like the Horde in Warcraft I-II, I like what the Charr are. That's cool. Just stick with that. Metal.

Charr are an interesting example of a community essentially warping something only for developers to start leaning more and more into that new image because they perceive it as something people want. God-slaying warbands powered by steampunk? Yeah.

6191cRox.jpg

Damn I thought they had learned their lesson and toned it down after the initial game release.

Also RIP slutty elementalist armor possibly the only objectively good thing about the game.

Drakortha

Liturgist
your problem is you can't enjoy anything because everything has to be political in your mind. there's no hope for some of you because you are so far gone and retarded you think everything is either Left or Right and you shoehorn everything into one or the other and your little mind can't move past it.

While I'm beating the piss out of poor fools in PvP with a giant hammer and having fun doing it, you're obsessing over some worthless trans NPC in New Kaineng that's completely irrelevant to 99.99% of the rest of the game.

Remember what Reggie once said; he is more wise than the lot of you.

Last edited:
your problem is you can't enjoy anything because everything has to be political in your mind. there's no hope for some of you because you are so far gone and retarded you think everything is either Left or Right and you shoehorn everything into one or the other and your little mind can't move past it.

While I'm beating the piss out of poor fools in PvP with a giant hammer and having fun doing it, you're obsessing over some worthless trans NPC in New Kaineng that's completely irrelevant to 99.99% of the rest of the game.

Must CONSOOM more the post.

Drakortha

Liturgist

Must CONSOOM more the post.
Only consuming you do is the cock, because you're a MASSIVE FAGGOT

I'm not the one playing GW2 in 2022. Surprised they let you have internet in your covid internment camps though.

Codex Year of the Donut
OyieJgY.jpeg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
OyieJgY.jpeg

So many questions. Like, "being a mesmer" does this mean it's some sort of illusion or mind affecting spell rather than an actual transmutation, or...?

Drakortha

Liturgist
They are important questions, for sure. I'll be postponing progress on all of my quests and achievements and forfeiting the next PvP tournament until I have the answers. No cost is too great for answers such as this.

El Presidente

Arcane
OyieJgY.jpeg

So many questions. Like, "being a mesmer" does this mean it's some sort of illusion or mind affecting spell rather than an actual transmutation, or...?
Also, this one is actually worse than that. Unhappy that some people might never click this NPC, Anet also forced pretty much this same dialogue but with voiceovers between Aid Worker Sya and a passing soldier every few minutes. The soldier comes for a small talk and in one or two dialogues she's already telling him she's a trans. You gotta handle to Anet the very realistic depiction of annoying libruls not being able to shut the fuck up about these things for more than 5 seconds.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Also, this one is actually worse than that. Unhappy that some people might never click this NPC, Anet also forced pretty much this same dialogue but with voiceovers between Aid Worker Sya and a passing soldier every few minutes. The soldier comes for a small talk and in one or two dialogues she's already telling him she's a trans. You gotta handle to Anet the very realistic depiction of annoying libruls not being able to shut the fuck up about these things for more than 5 seconds.

I'd buy it more if those shouts were that an NPC was a vegan and the trans one was shouting about being "literally murdered" due to not having his/her pronouns respected.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I decided to seek out this person I keep hearing about and found her. I needed to find out what all the fuss is. She's cuter than in the pictures.

JzDhkZW.png

The wokeness isn't super in your face unless you do the story (mainly everything after vanilla), where the original party of Destiny's Edge is ditched in favor of Eir's black son (???) and the two lesbians. LWS2 and HoT had a subplot about Caithe and her violently abusive girlfriend. You start interacting with the governments of the setting and realize that every nation leader who the writers want to come off positively is a woman. All male leaders are bad and must submit to a new woman leader (Rytlock being whipped by Crecia...). Also, every nation must join the creepy globohomo alliance and anyone who doesn't want to be dictated by foreigners must be eliminated (RIP the Ascalonians and the Charr).

mediocrepoet

Patron
The wokeness isn't super in your face unless you do the story (mainly everything after vanilla), where the original party of Destiny's Edge is ditched in favor of Eir's black son (???) and the two lesbians. LWS2 and HoT had a subplot about Caithe and her violently abusive girlfriend. You start interacting with the governments of the setting and realize that every nation leader who the writers want to come off positively is a woman. All male leaders are bad and must submit to a new woman leader (Rytlock being whipped by Crecia...). Also, every nation must join the creepy globohomo alliance and anyone who doesn't want to be dictated by foreigners must be eliminated (RIP the Ascalonians and the Charr).
GW2 has a story? I thought it was a checklist simulator.

"Balance patch" lol

Ranger players with thousands of hours of playtime had created numerous, indepth posts on the Ranger subforum explaining the issues with Ranger and proposing various solutions. Now the discord leak has come out and we have confirmation that the dev didn't even look at the forum. He doesn't even play Ranger. He glanced at the fanmade wiki to see what a Ranger ability did and nerfed the class based off of that. The Spotter trait is now useless (in a meta based around stacking buffs). Leader of the Pack and One Wolf Pack have been nerfed to the ground. RIP Soulbeast. Druid is still useless outside of raids. Untamed still hasn't been fixed. Meanwhile, the dev's pet project Mechanist gets better and better. Mechanist proves that Anet knew how to make a good Pet spec, they just never bothered with Ranger (the PET class!) for 10 years. Oh and any posts on the official forums calling out the bullshit are deleted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom