Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Hand of Merlin releasing on June 14th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Croteam; Room-C Games; The Hand of Merlin; Versus Evil

The Hand of Merlin, the King Arthur vs. Aliens roguelite tactical RPG from Room-C Games and Croteam, has been in Early Access for over a year now. During that time it's received seven major updates with an eighth on the way. Now publisher Versus Evil is ready to announce that the game will be leaving Early Access on June 14th. Here's its launch trailer and the accompanying press release:

Denver, CO – May 19th, 2022 - Independent developer Room-C Games in co-production with Croteam and indie publisher Versus Evil are excited to announce that their rogue-lite RPG game The Hand of Merlin Version 1.0 will be launching on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and playable across Xbox Series S/X and Xbox One consoles on June 14th, 2022.

The console version will include all eight major updates from the PC version released during its time in Steam Early Access, and developer Room-C Games has implemented lots of new features and gameplay enhancements including meta progression, passive skills, alternate maps, varied difficulty modes and overhauled its visual VFX.

The Hand of Merlin is a turn-based rogue-lite RPG written by Jonas Kyratzes (The Talos Principle, Serious Sam 4) and Verena Kyratzes (The Lands of Dream, Serious Sam 4) in which Arthurian legend clashes with dark sci-fi horror. Players recruit three mortal heroes on a desperate journey from Albion to Jerusalem to explore richly-imagined medieval lands on the brink of apocalypse - assaulted by an otherworldly evil. In The Hand of Merlin, choices are permanent, the decisions players make in the game can make all the difference to their party’s synergy and combat prowess.

Utilizing squad-based and turn-based combat, players can employ tactical cunning to use cover, set up ambushes and coordinate attacks to conquer both human and unworldly abhorrent foes looking to do them harm. With a large focus on exploration and encounter, players will traverse an intricately crafted multiverse as they jump from one parallel dimension to the next. Each world saved is saved forever, but each world lost is lost for all eternity, consumed into darkness. Adventurers will need to weigh the consequences of their actions in the decisions they make since their human form has its limits.

“We’re excited to be able to announce that The Hand of Merlin will be a multi-platform release that includes console and PC, merging a heavy dose of dark Sci-fi into traditional Arthurian legend gave us the creative freedom to bring something refreshingly different to the turn-based and squad based RPG genre,” said Robert Sajko, Creative Director of Room C Games.

The PC version of The Hand of Merlin will be available as both a standard edition and a Deluxe edition when it launches next month, with the Deluxe edition including a copy of the game's soundtrack.

The battle for good against evil begins on June 14th. For more information on The Hand of Merlin head over to the Versus Evil blog or visit The Hand of Merlin Steam page.

Looks pretty cool, although in this unexpected wave of "dark Arthurian" isometric RPGs it's unlikely to prevail over King Arthur: Knight's Tale.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Why they took Banner Saga's HP/Armor bar? It does look really bad.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I dunno. The game looks like it could be fun. 24.99 US Dollars isnt a bad price point. The cartoony graphics in that setting is a bit off-putting. From the sounds of it, based on their interactions on the Steam forums, the translation into languages other than English are based entirely on how well it sells.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The cartoony graphics in that setting is a bit off-putting
Graphics don't look that bad to me, at least theres some blood and gibs.
That other supposedly "dark fantasy" Arthurian tacticool game the codex is gushing about barely has blood lmao.

It's the art style that looks dirt cheap. It's not a good sign if you see a picture like this and ask yourself, what mobile game / Facebook minigame that might be. The other SUPPOSEDLY "dark fantasy" game actually looks great in motion, and has a much crisper and darker presentation.

Skdursh

Savant
I thought this was already out? I guess it was early access. It looks decent enough from the little I've seen of it though.

vazha

Arcane
Aliens would be the last thing I would think of in an Arthurian legend-based game, but looks neat. Intrigued.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
The tactical view is very dark, except for all the stats and HUD which is super bright and colorful. Makes it painful to look at.
Also, most enemies are those retarded worms/bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom