Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The "I am actually playing DXHR" thread.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No, Simmons is definately not a clone. And it bears in mind that Bob Page has nano-augs at the start of the game as well.

And it also bears mention that in Human Revolution, they had an e-mail about a sample that could handle nano-machines in the bloodstream, which I assumed was Adam... But on second thought it could be Paul as well.

opium fiend

Augur
I didn't really like any of the choices presented, so I took the pussy's way out: an hero.

also, thank you, game designers, for forcing me to watch though your 5 minute credit roll in order to see that last tidbit with Megan and Page (does it change depending on the ending you choose?). Like I give a shit who's their associate coffee maker.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
opium fiend said:
I didn't really like any of the choices presented, so I took the pussy's way out: an hero.

also, thank you, game designers, for forcing me to watch though your 5 minute credit roll in order to see that last tidbit with Megan and Page (does it change depending on the ending you choose?). Like I give a shit who's their associate coffee maker.
shut up, post-credits secrets are an old tradition in movies and games.

Gerrard

Arcane
Being able to speed up the credits is also an old tradition in games.

opium fiend

Augur
SuicideBunny said:
opium fiend said:

shut up, post-credits secrets are an old tradition in movies and games.

and just because it's old it's automatically good

canakin

Cipher
Just finished the game, it was good and all but why the game didn't let me bang the pilot girl : (

it was the first time in my life i wanted a romance option in a game

Deleted member 7219

canakin said:
Just finished the game, it was good and all but why the game didn't let me bang the pilot girl : (

it was the first time in my life i wanted a romance option in a game

This.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
The game went to the crapper towards the end and is full of dumb ass shit. 3/5 Disappointment of the year.

And you can't honestly believe that a romance option would have made this better.

Eyeball

Arcane
Want to play this bitch more than anything - no damn demo available.

Off to Torrentland, because fuck expecting me to pay money for something without letting me try to see if it will even run on my POS laptop first.

Gerrard

Arcane
Eyeball said:

Off to Torrentland, because fuck expecting me to pay money for something without letting me try to see if it will even run on my POS laptop first.
You know, I could even buy this thing, but not after the fucking DLC and preorder extras bullshit, fuck that.

I'll but the inevitable GOTY version in some 2-3 years.

Eyeball

Arcane
I'll buy it if it turns out to run acceptably on my rig. No way of telling without a demo.

Suchy

Arcane
Gerrard said:
Eyeball said:

You know, I could even buy this thing, but not after the fucking DLC and preorder extras bullshit, fuck that.

I'll but the inevitable GOTY version in some 2-3 years.
Just do what I did, pirate the hell out of it, including the preorder crap DLC (not worth a single $), then buy standard version.

Suchy

Arcane
xtLC2.jpg

Gregz

Arcane
Just finished DE:HR last night, impressions(spoilers):

1) Really disliked the XP bonuses for stealth, felt like the game was punishing me for playing it any other way than how the designers intended. If I want to play a bloody murderer I shouldn't be penalized for it. (and no, the 'headshot' bonus is still less than the 'moral' choice). Min/Maxers hate this kind of thing. This is Deus Ex, not Thief 4 (I like thief, but if I want to play thief I'll play goddamn thief)
2) horrible...horrible ending, boring luddite vs. 'the man' decision...DE1 tackled more interesting themes better.
3) cheesy use of name dropping 'the illuminati', 'triads' etc., DE1 did a vastly better job introducing these.
4) hated getting winded while sprinting
5) hacking was lame
6) too few weapon mods and you get them too late in the game
7) found the plasma rifle way too late, got to use it...once at the end
8) Inventory was a pain in the ass...
9) had to eat candy bars to regen energy, instead of the regen mod going past 1 cell :roll:
10) I must have used quickload about 400 times because there's no way to accurately anticipate what the game actors will do. I wouldn't have cared if I didn't lose 30 xp each time!
:x

The best fun I had was when I just said 'fuck it' and slaughtered the entire police force during the riot and sold their weapons to the black market guy. Actually...that was the only fun I had playing this game. :smug:

I'm glad they made the game, and I'm glad it was commercially successful so the genre gets more funding, but bleh.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It was actually pretty strange how you could find recent pocket secretaries and all sorts of stuff in those small walled off rooms in the sewers. Especially when you consider that the rooms were completely inaccessible without breaking the wall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom