Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Current bundles:

I'm too lazy to update this -- just check the last/current page~

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Since there are a billion of these things now I'm just going to edit the first post in this thread every time a new one comes up/is about to come up. So, the Indie Royale Christmas one is available to preorder and they gave these clues as to the contents:

The titles to be offered will include an exclusive, specially remastered adventure game compilation debut (Steam for PC, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download), an unlikely-themed multiplayer FPS (Steam for PC), a cult puzzle action game (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download), and an overlooked sim-action title (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

Edit: People are speculating the Blackwell Series is the adventure game compilation as it was recently added to the Steam registry. Also just noted the multiplayer FPS is Steam exclusive... so maybe something horrific like Dino D-Day?

mck

Cipher
Is Indie Gala alright to buy from? Wanted to make sure there were no bad stories about them or anything before I bought.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I believe MHC bought from them without any issues.

Bruticis

mck said:
Is Indie Gala alright to buy from? Wanted to make sure there were no bad stories about them or anything before I bought.
I bought it and used paypal for checkout, had no issues. Got all my steam keys immediately.
Nice thread, Metro, thanks! Links would be nice for lazy people like me, though. The Indie Gala http://www.indiegala.com/ and Indie Royal http://www.indieroyale.com/
Also, wasn't there a indie deal from GetGames very recently?

Bruticis

Metro said:
:salute:
mck said:
Also is getgamesgo safe?
Yes, it's owned by Eurogamer. I've used them several times with no problem (other then my bank asking about it since I'm in the US and they're overseas).

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
Edit: People are speculating the Blackwell Series is the adventure game compilation as it was recently added to the Steam registry. Also just noted the multiplayer FPS is Steam exclusive... so maybe something horrific like Dino D-Day?
Dino D-Day would be toe-curlingly awful, but I'd be all over those adventure games. Still, not gonna preorder just in case it's something else.

And the Getgamesgo bundle launches on the 14th, I think.

And finally COME ON BROS TAKE THESE GODDAMN GAMES. Anyone want Steam copies of Hacker: Untold, or Darwinina+Multiwinia+DEFCON+Uplink?

Satan

Educated
Multi-headed Cow said:
Metro said:
Dino D-Day would be toe-curlingly awful, but I'd be all over those adventure games. Still, not gonna preorder just in case it's something else.

And the Getgamesgo bundle launches on the 14th, I think.

And finally COME ON BROS TAKE THESE GODDAMN GAMES. Anyone want Steam copies of Breath of Death+Cthulhu Saves the World, Eufloria, Zombie Shooter 1+2, Hacker: Untold, Ben There Dan That+Time Gentlemen Please, or Darwinina+Multiwinia+DEFCON+Uplink?

I'd gladly welcome Eufloria and/or Ben There Dan That+Time Gentlemen Please

Multi-headed Cow

You'll get both since the rest of these assholes refuse to take these video games!

Edit: Fuck, I might've already given the Ben There/Time Gentlemen away. I'll send you the key and you can try it, not sure if I did or not.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bro, you already gave me Dungeons of Dredmor... which I'm proud to say I've already sunk 60+ hours into! If no one takes the Zombie Shooters and you can eventually shoot them my way but I can't guarantee I'll play them anytime soon... or at all.

Multi-headed Cow

Righty-o. I'll send 'em your way this evening if no one else scoops 'em up. Was able to pass out some of my other extras this time around at least.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What's the Getgamesgo bundle? Can't seem to find any info on it at their website... which admittedly I've never been to previously.

Multi-headed Cow

Took me a while to find it again, maybe I was wrong about it being Getgamesgo. Thought it was. Anyway, it'll be at http://www.littlebigbunch.com/ on the 14th, and the game it'll have are Frozen Synapse, Explodemon, Serious Sam Double D, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee, and New Star Soccer 5.

No word on if there'll be Steam codes or not.

mck

Cipher
bought the indie gala bundle (for $0.10 because I'm a horrible person) and had no issues.

ALSO MHC was nice enough to supply me with steam keys for breath of death and cthulhu saves the world and I am very thankful!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
@indieroyale Indie Royale
We're gearing up to launch the Xmas Bundle, so if you haven't pre-ordered and want to, you might want to do so in the next few hours.

So the Indie Royale Christmas bundle should be launching soon. Typically they've started then around 11am-noon Eastern Time but since they're an Australian outfit it could be earlier than that.

Multi-headed Cow

Oh, this reminds me to send those zombie games your way.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Updated and the speculation was right: Blackwell Trilogy, Oil Blue, Dino D-Day and Eets rounds it out. While the adventure games look okay I have zero interest in Eets or Oil Blue and only pedestrian interest in Dino D-Day which I hear is pretty much dead and has a ton of balance issues. Might as well just play TF2. So... passing. Have yet to buy any Royale bundles.

Multi-headed Cow

Scooped a copy up. Basically just interested in the Blackwell games, but a bit shy of $4 for 3 adventure games is alright with me. And now I have Dino D-Day forever blighting my Steam list, but what the hell.

Edit: Eets scooped up by that Bioware loving Konjad

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I checked out some videos of Dino D-Day... it looks like a really really really sloppy/bad Source mod. Which it is but there are plenty of better Source mod games for free.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
IndieGala twitter mentions they will be adding more bonus stuff to people who pay more than the average (or who have previously paid more). Wonder if it will be anything good.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Buddy of mine tipped me off that the contents of the next Humble Bundle (#4) will be pretty impressive: Cave Story+, Meat Boy, Shank (shocks me because it's published by EA), Bit Trip Runner, Jamestown, Night Sky, and Gratuitous Space Battles. Only one I own is Meat Boy and I'm really interested in most of the titles so I'll definitely grab it early and beat the average if they put it up at the start.

Multi-headed Cow

Oh wow, if that humble bundle is accurate that is pretty great. I've already got everything in it except Shank and Cave Story+, but I'm interested in both. And Meat Boy, Bit Trip Runner, Jamestown and Gratuitous Space Battles are all pretty decent to good. Dunno about Night Sky yet.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Humble bundle #4 now LIVE: Average to beat is ~$4.50 doubt it'll drop lower than $4 with all those great games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom