Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
That is a nice bundle, but buying it is admitting you're a treacherous cunt.

If I'm going to betray myself and my standards I'm gonna do it for more than a bunch of games.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Excellent, been hovering over the purchase button on that for ages, now I can get it for freeeeeeeeee :incline:

Thanks MicoSelva!

Latelistener

Arcane
A year ago Humble moved from Monthly to Choice and started losing subscribers and obviously why.

Because for Monthly it was $12 for 10 games and now it's $20 for 9 games you can select out of 12.

Those who never cancelled their subscription got to keep their "Classic" plan though ($12 for 10). You can still pause to skip a month if you don't like it, as long as you don't cancel it entirely.

On top of that, the selection of games became shittier with every month.

Duo to that they started various promotions. First of all, for now it's $12 for 12 games, but sometimes there are other promotions.

The recent one is $6 for a month in the next 6 months that work even on the accounts that had Choice or Monthly before and cancelled it.

So you may want to check your email and see what they sent to you if you want that.

Another way is to login and to check their pages, usually there is a banner above if there is any deal for your account: https://www.humblebundle.com/ https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/home

The recent month was actually relatively decent for the amount they ask: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussi...e-15-next-choice-moved-from-friday-to-tuesday

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
You also seem to get 2-4$ off (seems to vary, not sure based on what exactly) whenever going to pause or cancel your subscription. I've first tried doing one of those before buying even if I'm interested in the bundle and usually it's paid off.

ultimanecat

Arcane
You never get more than one month’s games for paying one month’s subscription. If you sub now, you’ll get February’s lineup, and then won’t get access to next month’s until you voluntarily pay for another month or you let them automatically charge you (typically on the last Friday of any given month).

edit: oh I guess it’s the last Tuesday as of this month.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Wow, they actually separated Control Ultimate Edition into Standard + overpriced DLC specifically just so they can include it in Humble Choice while changing none of the branding. It looks like you have Ultimate in your library, but you don't.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Another month, another Humble Choice pause. Although the quality of games included has risen the past few months, hopefully it'll keep up and they'll have something worth buying for me in the future. I think the only way they get some of the bigger profile games on at all is by leveraging the sucking of that sweet DLC tit.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really nice bundle of old games on Fanatical https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-realms-bundle

For just 1$ you get JA2, Enclave, Gorky 17, Septerra Core and few other games.
If you missed this one before, it is now available again.
And it's certainly worth getting. Gorky 17 is a very good turn based tactical game, Two Worlds is quite good open world RPG (Came out about the same time as oblibion, but has no level scalling and other bullshit, and there's horse combat too!) TW2 dropped the ball though and became generic crappy story driven linear rpg. Enclave is a decent action game... JA2 you certainly know and Knightshift is a kinda average but charming RTS (ignore RPG campaign there, it's shit)

passerby

Arcane
Two Worlds is quite good open world RPG (Came out about the same time as oblibion, but has no level scalling and other bullshit, and there's horse combat too!).

Fake news monsters are not scalled, but generic bandits are level scalled, complete with absurd epic equipment and epic mages.
If you are completionist you'll outlevel and oneshot demons, but spent half your time on epic showdowns with epic bandits on the roads.

I've completed it though, only the first area is good, there are four of them.
Conversations with Necromancers are absurdly hilarious, I've never laughed this much while playing a game.

Then it became generic, boring and repetitive, but I've fallen into autistic completionist trans while playing it and grinded it to the bitter end and the last mob on the map, clocked 80h, what a waste of time.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Two Worlds is quite good open world RPG (Came out about the same time as oblibion, but has no level scalling and other bullshit, and there's horse combat too!).

Fake news monsters are not scalled, but generic bandits are level scalled, complete with absurd epic equipment and epic mages.
If you are completionist you'll outlevel and oneshot demons, but spent half your time on epic showdowns with epic bandits on the roads.

I've completed it though, only the first area is good, there are four of them.
Conversations with Necromancers are absurdly hilarious, I've never laughed this much while playing a game.

Then it became generic, boring and repetitive, but I've fallen into autistic completionist trans while playing it and grinded it to the bitter end and the last mob on the map, clocked 80h, what a waste of time.
lol, I finished the game in 20 hours, long before it became boring.

being a completionist junkie must suck

passerby

Arcane
How you dealt with the swarm of giant termites in the forest around road leading to the Asian themed city ?

Those fuckers was the most tiresome thing to clear in the whole game, even worse than road bandits.
I had to carefully lure out 2-3 at a time and there we swarms of them, took forever and it was the closest I've got to quiting.

If you could easily do them without grinding everything that was available before, then monsters could be leveled too.
Road bandidts were definitely a case of classic bobolion, the more you level up, the more tiresome they get.
Quest related encounters definitely had static level.

Konjad

Patron
How you dealt with the swarm of giant termites in the forest around road leading to the Asian themed city ?

Those fuckers was the most tiresome thing to clear in the whole game, even worse than road bandits.
I had to carefully lure out 2-3 at a time and there we swarms of them, took forever and it was the closest I've got to quiting.

If you could easily do them without grinding everything that was available before, then monsters could be leveled too.
Road bandidts were definitely a case of classic bobolion, the more you level up, the more tiresome they get.
Quest related encounters definitely had static level.
i played it years ago, so i don't remember. i guess i might have just run past them after killing some or something. I don't like grinding.

Latelistener

Arcane
You'll have to be very high to call Two Worlds "quite good". It's the kind of RPG you usually play when nothing else left, but even then I felt like I wasted my time as it had nothing of value.

You better of replaying the Gothic series every few years or so. Even Risen isn't that bad (can't vouch for Risen 3 though).

On the contrary, I read that Two Worlds II is actually something decent but didn't check it for myself yet.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I stalk the night
Patron
Oh wow that's a terrible Humble Choice once again. Didn't Civ VI already headline once?

Bundle Im sure many Codexers will be exicted for
Too late, already was given that twink vampire CYOA from Humble. :bounce:
Which probably has no vampire and it's probably going to be INDIE GAME DEALING WITH MENTAL HEALTH but it's a CYOA so I'm obliged to see it through.

Oh wow that's a terrible Humble Choice once again. Didn't Civ VI already headline once?
Son of a bitch, you're right. In 2018, no less. Admittedly this is the version with all* the DLC but having a marquee double-dip is shameful.

*Not really all since it doesn't include the latest shit they're rolling out, but all the notable DLC at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom