Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
New $1 bundle from Fanatical. Ten games for $1 (total, not each).

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-bounty-bundle

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North
Planet Alcatraz
NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Star Wolves
Konung 2
Men of War
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars
Parkan 2
El Matador
Ascension to the Throne

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Fanatical Platinum Collection pick'n'mix for this month has some decent stuff again:

Space Hulk: Deathwing
Warhammer 40k: Space Wolf
Streets of Rogue
Neversong
Liberated
Secret Government
Tangledeep
Warpips
DARQ
Toxikk
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
Curious Expedition
Nimbatus
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
As Far As The Eye
Trine 4
Niche
This is the Police 2
Panzer Corps Gold
Road Redemption

3 for 9,99€
5 for 14,99€
7 for 19,99€

But again not sure if worth the asking price though.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
New Humble Choice:

Katana Zero
Amnesia: Rebirth
John Wick Hex
112 Operator
Guts and Glory
Ring of Pain
Garage: Bad Trip
The Textorcist
Tools Up
Hiveswap Friendsim
Black Future '88
Syberia 3

Looks like shit to me. Is there anything good there?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I cancelled my subscription. Didn't even bother to pause it anymore. Not even after they offered it for $6 did I flinch.

I stalk the night
Patron
I forgot to pause last month, but they actually gave me a refund when I contacted them about it... But I'm kind of starting to feel like it's not worth the trouble of pausing this shit every goddamn month.

ADL

Prophet
New Humble Choice:

Katana Zero
Amnesia: Rebirth
John Wick Hex
112 Operator
Guts and Glory
Ring of Pain
Garage: Bad Trip
The Textorcist
Tools Up
Hiveswap Friendsim
Black Future '88
Syberia 3

Looks like shit to me. Is there anything good there?
John Wick Hex is really good
Katana Zero has a 98% on Steam and looks fun
Guts and Glory looks like that flash game Happy Wheels in 3D
112 Operator looks neat but it's the type of game I'd never sit down and actually play

Villagkouras

Arcane
I've finished both Katana Zero and The Textorcist. The second one was on Epic recently. I liked them both, Katana Zero is Hotline Miami in 2D and the other one is a typing bullet hell. Both have stories that have some interest, The Textorcist isn't taking itself seriously at all. I recommend both of them.

Ended up pausing too, and bought Ring of Pain off someone since that's the one I was particularly interested in. Katana Zero and Black Future '88 might be alright but action games are basically just cool filler for me. After playing not quite an hour of Ring of Pain it actually reminds me most of Desktop Dungeons, which is to say it won't satisfy my disgusting card game fetish but it is a nice enough little time waster.

Looks like there's probably $12 of good gaming in there but too much of it is low enough interest for me I just didn't feel it.

Squidhead

Educated
This was the fastest pause I've ever done. I think it's still a good deal if you're new to PC gaming and on the classic 12 dollar a month plan. Otherwise, I'm ok with pausing every month as it's still a dollar a game. Games that I will never boot up but games none the less.

Katana Zero looks fine. A lot of these games look fine but why settle for mediocrity when you could be playing real games and not indie rehashes. If anything, Humble does more and more damage to indie devs every month by throwing their games into these bundles. Imagine working 2-3 years on your game, countless hours getting it right, putting it on the steam store, seeing it flop and then whoring it out in a 12 dollar bundle with 11 other games. (And then it's going for a dollar on the grey market!)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also paused this month. I already own the two games from the bundle that I am curious about.

Here is Ross Game Dungeon about Black Future '88, if anyone is interested in that game:

Last edited:
FDNDDVDWEBA93Yq

New Humble.

Happy about BPM, and would be happy about Wrath if it wasn't vaporware and was an actual videogame. Wingspan's supposed to be good. Mobius Front '83 is apparently a ZACHTRONICS game of all fucking things, didn't know he was getting out of puzzle games but now I'm curious to look at it.

Caim

Arcane
Project Wingman is good if you like the Ace Combat series and the color orange. Arcadey airplane combat with the same "war is bad but holy shit military hardware is so fucking cool" message as the Metal Gear series. Also apparently fun in VR.

Wrath is up there as one of the better recent boomer shooters. It's still in early access, but a good deal of work is done.

Last edited:

Irata

Scholar
Build Your Own Fantasy Bundle
1 Game = 1 USD / 5 Games = 3 USD / 10 Games = 5 USD
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-fantasy-bundle

Talisman: Origins
Talisman: Origins - DLC Complete Pack
Blood Bowl 2
Blood Bowl 2 - Official Expansion
3000th Duel
Hero of the Kingdom: The Lost Tales 1
Hero of the Kingdom: Trilogy
Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions
Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
The Keep
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition
Fictorum
Healer's Quest
Card Quest
Darkness Maze Cube - Hardcore Puzzle Game
Vambrace: Cold Soul
Skautfold: Chapters 1 & 2
Skautfold: Chapters 3 & 4

There are few more, but I'm not going to post the entire list of games in them. I'll just put a few that I'm assuming might be interesting to people here.

Build Your Own New Year Bundle
1 for 1 USD / 5 for 3 USD / 10 for 5 USD
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-new-year-bundle

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones
Deathtrap Dungeon Trilogy
The Void
Shadows Awakening
Fighting Fantasy Legends

Build Your Own Bundle Plantinum January
3 for 10 USD / 5 for 15 USD / 7 for 20 USD
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Iratus

Build your own Slayer Bundle 4
3 games 5 USD / 5 games 8 USD / 7 games for 10 USD
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-slayer-bundle-4

Modron

Arcane
I haven't really bought a bundle from humble since before they minted choice, got a email from them 2 months ago saying something like we haven't seen you an a while.

Thane Solus

Arcane
surprised picachu? face. IGN bought them now they are shit. Their embed code and UI to sell games on your site its still ok, but the bundles, the site, and those donate "charities" oh yeah... haven't bought something since they were bought. 2 years, 4 years?

CanadianCorndog

Learned
They were amazing in the early days. Seems like they've lost the interest of the indie developers and are now focused on their store and publishing.

Antigoon

Augur
Actually the bundle this month is step up compared to the previous months. At least no abandoned EA titles, dead multiplayer or asset flips. But its also the first month after their Level-Up campaign, where they pretty much dropped Choice in everything but name.

ADL

Prophet
Slowly but surely Humble Bundle turned into a pretty meh selection of games

smhbryid.jpg
9 choices instead of 10
one of which is a fucking (singular) DLC which isn't even good.
I wanted Per Aspera, Black Book, Calico and Paradise Lost so it's still worth it for me but holy shit has Monthly/Choice gone downhill...
Also they're doing this to make sure you don't pause. If you pause, you'll go back to a 10% discount.
jTSGbIx.png

Modron

Arcane
The 9 dollar bundle is pretty decent civ 3-5 plus pirates and other shiet. 15 dollars for all of that plus Civ 6 complete, that's probably the best deal you're ever going to see on it if you're remotely interested in the games.

The whole package is cheaper than me completing the Civ 6 anthology package on steam when I have the platinum one already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom