Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SO LOLLLOLLOL TLRDL I WISH BUNDLES WERE GREAT AGAIN

TO MUCH CAFFEINE TO MUCH PROVIGIL MAYBE TO MUCH MJ ANYWAYS LOLLOLLOL LONG STORY SHORT CLOSING IN ON 40 HOURS AWAKE FUCK IM SEEING THINGS AND I THINK MY DOG IS PLOTING AGAINST ME

ANYWAYS I AM BEEING MANY SAD ABOUT HOW AWESOME BUNDLES WERE SO I LOOKED INTO THE ACCOUNTS FOR FAGGY SITES I HAVENT BOUFGT SHIT FROM IN YEARS

BEFORE MY WORK BANNED GAME SITES AND WENT TO REMOTE DESKTOP SHIT I WOULD BE PLAYING GAMES AT WORK ALL THE TIME LOLLLOL THOSE FAGS STILL HAVET BLOCKED ONE OF THE DCSS SERVERS

PROBABLY A FEW HUNDRED HOURS EACH OF RISK OF RAIN AND BINDING OF ISAAC AND CONQUEST OF ELYSIOM THREE

HERE ARE BEST PURCHASES WHERE THE WEBSITE STILL EXISTS AND I ONLY LIST HIGLIGHTS

TALES OF MELIJA ALONG WITH SWORD OF STAR PIT AND FLAT SPACE 3 DOLARS

AVERNUM ESCAPING PITS AND DRIFTMOON ONE DOLLAER

DEPTHS OF PERIL ONE DOLLAR

NECROVISION AND ZAFEHOUSE ONE AND A HALF DOLERS

UNDERAIL LESS THAN ONE DOLLAR

KENSHI AND DEVIL WHISKY SIX DOLLARS LOLLLOL NOT AWESOME BUT THOSE GAMES ARENT THAT CHEAP ANYMORE EVER I THINK

MANHUNT AND MAX PAIN AND VICE CITY AND GTA THREE ONE DOLLLAR

SPACE PIRATES ZOMBIES AND JAMESTOWN AND TORCHLIGHT ONE DOLLARR

SERIOUS SAM FIRST AND SECONDEST ENCOUNTER ONE DOLLER

THEIF GOLD HITMAN 47 CODEDNAME AND HITTING MAN SILENT ASSMAN AND DAIKATANA ONE DOLAR

STEAM WORLD DIG AND GUNPOINT ONE DOLLAR

NEWFAG STRIDER AND BIONIC COMMANDO REARMED ONE DOLLIR

GRIMROCK 2 ONE DO)LLAE

SYSTEM SHOK 2 WIZARDRY SIX THROUGH EUGHT TWO DOLLARS

BROS ALL 2014 AND BEFORE AND I GOT MUCH MORE SHIT TOO JUSY HIGHLIGTS

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SO A QUICK ASIDE

TO PLAY GAMES AT WORK I NEED ONE OF THE BACKUP COMPUTERS THAT DONT DO THE REMOTE DESKTOP SHIT

ANYWAYS CANT INSTALL ANY PROGRAM BUT WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN PERSONAL DRIVE NOT MANY USR IT I DO FOR REAL WORK REASONS

SO DOSBOX IS PRETTY STANDALONE SO I PUT DOSBOX IN MY DRIVE

GAME SITES ARE BLOCKED SO I PUT THE GAME ON GOOGLE DRIVE FROM MY PHONE THEN GET IT ON THE COMPUTER FROM THERE

BROS ANYWAYS LOLLLLOL THANKS TO THECOMPANY. PL I ALSO FUCKING SLAYED DAMAGE THE SADISTIC BUTCHERING OF HUMANITY

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fanatical has surpassed Humble in every way at this point. More bundles, more interesting bundles, often they give you pick-and-mix bundles so you can skip the games you already have, the discounts are bigger, etc.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I only get the Humble Choice when they offer it to me for $6. I keep a game or two, then sell the rest.

I uaed to be subbed, but not anymore.

lightbane

Arcane
Fanatical has surpassed Humble in every way at this point. More bundles, more interesting bundles, often they give you pick-and-mix bundles so you can skip the games you already have, the discounts are bigger, etc.
Fanatical supported the Black Looter Murderers though, if you're okay with that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Fanatical supported the Black Looter Murderers though, if you're okay with that.

Wasn't that itch.io?

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
This month's Humble Bundle is out and at least compared to last month it's :incline:

ay229kx8.jpg

Ravielsk

Magister
This month's Humble Bundle is out and at least compared to last month it's :incline:

ay229kx8.jpg

I mean for the 12$ its not horrible but compared to what they used to have its literal garbage. Remember December 2019 when they had Soul Calibur and Yakuya kiwami? Or more recently February 2021 when they had outward+dlc along with Valkyria Chronicles 4?

Its more like a shitty indie Bundle with a single "AAA" game tacked on.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012

BRO GIB ME GIBS

THE ONLY REASOBR I WOULDNT BY BUNDLES FROM HITLER IS IF STALIN SOLD THEM CHEAPER

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
OKAY BROS PAYMENT OPTIONS OR CLIENT INSTALLATUON MIGHT MATTER LOLLOLLOLL111!!1

Squidhead

Educated
Protip: Pause your membership and get an 4 dollar off coupon for hanging on ;-)
How long do you need to stay unsubbed for that? I never got one...
I think I read somewhere that if you're off for about three months you can get it. I've been offered it about 3 or 4 times in the past so it definitely comes back after a while. Honestly, as soon I found out about the origin key I just skipped the month (So I might get the 4 dollar offer again next month!)

itch.io is preparing another big bundle. Many interesting submissions already, although might be repeats for most people:

Hopefully I'll remember that this time around. I think I missed their last big mega bundle which was a bit of a shame since even though I don't want 99.9% of the games in it I would have liked to have purchased it just as the modern equivalent of a "300 IN 1" shovelware disc and spend a few nights downloading a bunch of bad janky shit and playing with it. Only heard about it once it was done since I never really look at itch.

Fantastic bundle, kind of a bummer I broke down and bought Ion Fury for cheap after waiting for it to be bundled for a while but not too broken up about it since I'm only missing out on HROT and Dread Templar. Really good shit though, Dusk, Ion Fury, and Hedon are all A+ and Amid Evil I'm not as fond of as many people but it's still an excellent shooter, and Project Warlock's decent especially if you're getting it along with all of this so you won't feel too bad if you play a few maps and don't care for it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

Just to prove my point, Fanatical currently have a "BundleFest" going on where they present a new bundle every day for the duration of the event. The current bundles are really good.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/diamond-collection-build-your-own

3 for 15, 4 for 19, 5 for 23 Euros. And there are so many games in this bundle that interest me, I bought this one twice.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

Another pick and mix, which is great because I already own several from this bundle. Mechanicus alone is already worth it, Partisans is decent too. Tropico 5 complete if you don't have it already.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-21

The 5 bucks tier contains some pretty good stuff for the price. Gemcraft: Frostborn Wrath is one of the best tower defense games out there, the bundle is worth it for that alone. Shadowhand is fun if you like card games. And the Chaosbane tier has ALL the DLCs!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-anime-bundle-4

Eeeeeh... I don't like anime so I can't say anything about this one.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-backstage-bundle-2

Again, good selection of different genres, most of them are older games that were in bundles several times before but it's a very cheap bundle (7 games for 10 bucks!) and it's pick and mix, meaning you can just select the ones you don't have yet. Worth it for Styx, Wargame, Verdun, Mordheim, Driftland - I already own all of those but if I didn't, I would have bought this bundle.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/indie-must-play-bundle

Eh, seems a bit mediocre, lots of hipster games in this one. But again, this is really cheap.

Fanatical always have several bundles going at once, and there's something for everyone. The higher tier bundles include top quality games while the lower tier bundles are cheap as fuck.

Then again, Humble's recent bundles are actually worth it:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...ile_index_1_c_bestboomershootersbundle_bundle

This many oldschool FPS for that price... yeah, worth it for sure if I didn't already own all but two of those.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...hrees_tile_index_2_c_femaleprotagonist_bundle

I bought this one for Cloudpunk and Severed Steel. Pretty good quality bundle overall.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/..._index_3_c_sidmeiersultimatecollection_bundle

Also a good one if you don't own all of Sid Meier's games yet.

Surprisingly good output from Humble in these recent bundles tbh. Didn't expect that.

Still, Fanatical wins out for having the majority of their bundles be pick-and-mix. You don't end up with duplicates that way, and you can skip the games you don't have any interest in, too.

Antigoon

Augur

Just to prove my point, Fanatical currently have a "BundleFest" going on where they present a new bundle every day for the duration of the event. The current bundles are really good.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/diamond-collection-build-your-own

3 for 15, 4 for 19, 5 for 23 Euros. And there are so many games in this bundle that interest me, I bought this one twice.

I don't know...some of the lower tier bundles are nice, but especially those Diamond/Platinum Bundles are terrible. I couldn't pick three games from the list that are better than the current, or really most months, Choice for example. Even most of the other 12USD HB are better than this selection, like the Boomer Shooter Bundle.

Modron

Arcane
I don't know...some of the lower tier bundles are nice, but especially those Diamond/Platinum Bundles are terrible. I couldn't pick three games from the list that are better than the current, or really most months, Choice for example. Even most of the other 12USD HB are better than this selection, like the Boomer Shooter Bundle.

15 dollars for KCD and Ghost of a Tale alone is a steal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom