Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Antigoon

Augur
KCD was bundle 3 times previously and ghost of a tale is a 5USD game on sale

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine

Bundle's up. Baba is You and Quadrilateral Cowboy were games kinda wanted anyway so even though it sucks it's not on Steam since I'm a steamwhore it's nice that there are at least a few games in there that are ones I wanted. Looking over the list I'm seeing at least a few that are worth a look too, plus then I'll have a big ol' pile of garbage I can dive into when the mood strikes me so that's nice.

Most relevant item for codexers: https://necromancy.itch.io/elf-genders

Edit: I was going to type up a blurb on all the slightly interesting stuff as I saw it but even skimming and ignoring most shit and just glancing over stuff that caught my eye I spent nearly an hour fucking around so I change my mind and you nerds can figure out what looks interesting yourselves.

2tgFWl.png

Last edited:

V17

Educated
Delver, Superhot, Not The Robots, Celeste and Attentat 1942 (an educational game, so not "fun", but pretty well made if that's your thing) are imo decent.

However many of those games really seem like a parody of the current indie scene:

"VISIGOTHS vs MALL GOTHS: There are a lot of bisexuals."
"the girlfriend of my girlfriend is my friend!!: a simple ttrpg about the magical disaster of trans young adulthood"
"Speed Dating for Ghosts: Wholesome horror conversation sim about death and robbing banks"
"Nina Aquila: Legal Eagle, Season One: Fight for justice in a world where all anime genres exist at once!"
"[...]: A hexcrawl inspired by leftist folk music"
"Throw Cubes into Brick Towers To Collapse Them: (no description)" - I appreciate the straightforwardness
"Pebble Witch: Play as a witch. Talk to pebbles." (witch is actually a dude in a pink tank top who has a crush on his burly teacher)
"Ripped Pants at Work: A frantic stealth game about searching for new pants" - This one I find unironically really funny
"Doodle Date: Date your own drawings! Forget about finding true love; In Doodle Date, you create it!"
"Hi [NAME], I'm Dad!: This is how to be a dad in 2 simple steps"
"Roll for Confidence: A CMC Vignette: A wholesome story about what it means to be a strong, confident woman."
"It's Six Random Characters and a Single Floor Dungeon, That's the Whole Game: A one floor 2-bit roguelike first person dungeon crawler."

Maldom

Barely Literate
The only games in the bundle that piqued my interests are A Dance of Ice and Fire, Baba is You, Sky Rogue and the few shmups. Still far better than the BLM bundle.

passerby

Arcane
Protip: Pause your membership and get an 4 dollar off coupon for hanging on ;-)
How long do you need to stay unsubbed for that? I never got one...

New choice bundle starts always on the first tuesday of the month, CC gets automatically charged a week earlier, on the last tuesday of the month.

To get a 4$ discount you have to pause a month and then attempt to pause another month just before the card gets charged, I do it a day before, I don't know how wide the window really is, probably a week, if you try too early you'll get only 2$ discount.

I alternate two classic plan accounts so all choice bundles I buy cost me 8$.

Said I wasn't gonna do recommendations but I do have to cheat once again to mention Don't Escape 4 Days to Survive. That's a really nice little point and click adventure game with extremely logical "Puzzles" which most of the time aren't puzzles and are just "Did the player think X would happen because it would make sense" and punishing you if you didn't, and there's even varying degrees of success and some C&C. Didn't notice that one in the bundle at first but saw it as I've been continually digging and if you like adventure games at all it's damn good.

Only about a third of the way through the list and I've found a solid handful of promising stuff and a whole fucking lot that looks worth a download to check out. Going to have to download one of those singleplayer pen and paper strategy games, too. Have no fucking idea how that would work or be any fun but with this I guess I'll see. As an example, this: https://blackwellwriter.itch.io/umbra-a-solo-game-of-final-frontiers
Paper, pencil, and deck of playing cards. Dude did a Dorf Fort and a Dungeon Keeper version too, both also in the bundle. I assume 90% of the pen and paper RPGs in here are "Get together with friends and use your imaginations!", particularly the ones that mention no/light math, but some sorta base building strategy game solo play thing needs to be checked out. Eventually.

axx

Savant
I remember Don't escape 1-3 being free flash games on newgrounds or sth. They are brilliant. Also recommend Deep sleep series from the same guy (scriptwelder).

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS OK

I BOUGHT THE FUCKING BUNDLE UNDER MY FUCKING ACCOUNT BUT GAMES DONT SHOW IN ME LIBRARY

SO IVE GOT TO SAVE THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR REAL BRO NO PURCHASE HISTORY

BROS I GIVE THE SITE A STEAMING PILE OF ELEPHANT DIAREA OUT OF SHIT RATING

BROS OK

I BOUGHT THE FUCKING BUNDLE UNDER MY FUCKING ACCOUNT BUT GAMES DONT SHOW IN ME LIBRARY

SO IVE GOT TO SAVE THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR REAL BRO NO PURCHASE HISTORY

BROS I GIVE THE SITE A STEAMING PILE OF ELEPHANT DIAREA OUT OF SHIT RATING
Itch IS steaming elephant diarrhea but go to https://itch.io/my-purchases and click "Bundles" and that has your link, and you have to manually add things you're interested in to your library by clicking the download button on each individual thing from there.

ADL

Prophet
I'm actually glad they don't automatically add it to your library. Saves me from having to hide a bunch of crap in my Playnite client. There's some addons/scripts that do it for you if you want but I wouldn't recommend cluttering up your library with crap you're never gonna play.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
THANKS BROS

NOTHING TO DO AT WORK TONIGHT SO OLL BROWSE MY BUNDLE AND ADD SHIT THAT I MIGHT PLAY SOMEDAT

dacencora

Yeah, once again Humble is beat at their own game. Funny part is there are a number of games in both bundles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom