Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Hopped in primarily for Gamedec, and then Phoenix Point, Call of the Sea, Siege Survival and I am Fish all look like decent pack-ins. Especially since they chipped the price down since I've skipped a few months. Not an amazing one since like Jenkem says the headliner was a freebie on Twitch and can be played through game pass but 1 genuine want and 4 solid maybies is still alright for $8.

Irata

Scholar
Capcom Summer 2022 Bundle (exp 2022/06/22)
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-summer-2022-bundle

1 USD
Street Fighter V
Strider
Bionic Commando

10 USD
Dragon's Dogma
DmC: Devil May Cry
Ultra Street Fighter IV
50% off Street Fighter V Upgrade Kit

20 USD
Monster Hunter: World
Devil May Cry 5
Devil May Cry HD Collection
50% off Monster Hunter Rise

The 10 USD tier seems pretty solid since Dragon's Dogma has only been on sale for 8 or 9 USD by itself.

Also a Cities Skylines bundle that expires 2022/06/15:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/cities-skylines-colossal-collection

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

toughasnails

This month's Choice

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Hot Wheels Unleashed
The Ascent
Gas Station Simulator
In Sound Mind
Mind Scanners
Emily is Away
Omno
Another p solid offering imo, HB has been improving as of late.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
h6TjxeC.png

nah

Curratum

I'm tempted for Hot Wheels Unleashed in the monthly but I know I will never really play it much and it's a DLC fest.

Caim

Arcane
I'm tempted for Hot Wheels Unleashed in the monthly but I know I will never really play it much and it's a DLC fest.
It's worse than that because it's got lootboxes (which you can't actually buy with money), so have fun not getting the car you want!

Don Peste

Arcane
[PSA] Claim your Groupees keys before 21 August 2022

Groupees recently announced via a Twitter post that due to some disruption with their technical team based in Ukraine they are not currently able to offer bundles.
The same message appears on the main Groupees page as a scrolling text, with the deadline moved to the end of August and a new tweet was posted after the original one, with the deadline extension.
Even though the posts mention the end of August as a deadline, Groupees domain expires on 21 August.

Since it's uncertain if Groupees will still be up after 21 August 2022, it's better to claim all your keys / download all your assets from past purchases beforehand.

Some tools that facilitate the retrieval of all the items in your Groupees account:

Irata

Scholar
Humble Bundle

Tactical Combat Bundle (ends 2022/08/26)
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/tactical-combat-bundle
1 USD
Verdun

10 USD
Intruder
Brigador Deluxe Edition
Call to Arms - Basic Edition
Perfect Heist 2
Sniper Elite V2 REMASTERED

15 USD
Call to Arms - Gates of Hell: Ostfront
Sniper Elite 4: Deluxe Edition
Sniper Elite 4 - Season Pass

Resident Evil Decades of Horror Bundle (ends 2022/08/24)
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/resident-evil-decades-horror

1 USD
Resident Evil Revlations 2 - Episode 1 (Deluxe Edition?)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Revelations

10 USD
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil 0

30 USD
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Village 50% off coupon

Final Frontier Bundle (ends 2022/08/19)
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/final-frontier-bundle

1 USD
Defy Gravity Extended

7 USD
Starpoint Gemini: Warlords Gold Pack
EVERSPACE - Ultimate Edition
Deep Space Battle Simulator

12 USD
Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock Season One
Godlike Burger
Per Aspera
Per Aspera: Blue Mars 50% off coupon

Walking Dead 10th Anniversary Bundle (exp 2022/08/17)
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/walking-dead-10th-anniversary-bundle

11 USD
for 8 games. Looks like TellTale "games"

Irata

Scholar
Claim your Groupees keys before 21 August 2022

Thanks for this. I don't think there is anything there unused that I care about, but it gives me a reason to check.

Fatty

Augur
I have only ever tried RE1 before and it was on PlayStation and I could not come to enjoy tank controls. Considering I have a mental disorder that will force me to play all of these in order, is it worth? Are the tank controls any easier to adjust to on PC?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So is the RE bundle a good or a bad deal? I've last played RE on the Playstation as a kid, so tempted a bit, but no idea of the quality of the ports/remasters/remakes/whatever.

ferratilis

Magister
So is the RE bundle a good or a bad deal? I've last played RE on the Playstation as a kid, so tempted a bit, but no idea of the quality of the ports/remasters/remakes/whatever.
The best games in that bundle are REmake 1 and 2, those are must play. All the others are so-so, with 5 and 6 being shit. Since you can find RE1 online for around 2 bucks usually, and RE2 for around 10, decide for yourself if you want to spend your money on the entire bundle.

But if you're only going to play one, REmake 1 is still one of the best horror games ever made imo. RE0 was made with the same engine, but it has some questionable gameplay mechanics that are divisive among oldschool fans. Still worth it for the nice prerendered backgrounds imo, and can be found cheap online. As for RE3, the original version is vastly superior to its remake. Both RE2 and RE3 are worth playing on PS1, even today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom