Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Faith - Gothic Horror Metroidvania / Blasphemous clone

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Monstrous Bat, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Monstrous Bat Cipher

Monstrous Bat
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kumisoulsgames/the-last-faith-a-dark-gothic-metroidvania

https://www.thelastfaithgame.com

Steam page with trailer
    Kickscammer page (campaign ended long ago)
    Backers beta gameplay

I wasn't aware that Blasphemous was so successful as to get its own ripoffs. And if the demo is any indicator, this game has the worst writing I've ever seen from an English-speaking developer. If I didn't know better, I'd have assumed it was written by japs and translated with cheap highschooler labour. You'd expect a bunch of Brits to capitalize properly at least, but I suppose that's what modernity does to people.

On the plus side, the art does look great (though I dislike the overuse of dark blue colors) and combat seems more interesting than Blasphemous at least, not that it's much of an achievement.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Morpheus Kitami Learned

Morpheus Kitami
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming for intentionally bizarre writing. As in "Let's give this the same atmosphere as one of them Japanese games by writing like we were Asians who just discovered English yesterday."

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    25 EUR for "late backers", implying it might cost even more when it launches on Steam.

Someone has a lot of faith (no horrible pun intended) in their own game...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. catfood AGAIN

catfood
    Looks p. good.

^ Top  
  6. Ash Arcane

Ash
    Looks highly derivative as most modern Metroidvanias seem to be, but that certainly doesn't mean bad. All I can ask for is a worthwhile game in these times.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.