Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by imweasel, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Curious_Tongue Larpfest Patron

Curious_Tongue
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 21
    • hopw roewur ne x 3
    • Disgusting! x 3
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ezekiel Magister

Ezekiel
    Twenty dollars now. Still too much? I found the first game average.

^ Top  
  3. mastroego Arcane

mastroego
    I'd ask way more than 20$ in damages if had to "play" this thing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. mkultra Augur

mkultra
    I gave ND a lot of shit for the silly wokeness and them going after some YT channels that i really like. But still, bought a used copy to check it out. it's a very atmospheric game with great art/graphics. I did eventually stop playing because i just got tired of the combat. The woke shit isn't that bad as far as i played (3-4h). If you don't mind the tedious combat i'd check it out. I might actually pick it up again and try it on the PS5 i have now, must look/play great in 60 FPS..

Buy a used copy from someone who bought it cheap would be my advice. Don't support Naughty Dog.

• retadred retadred x 5
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    Why are you even asking this? What the fuck is wrong with you?

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. mkultra Augur

mkultra
    many retarded ND supporters on here it seems. despicable.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. toughasnails Educated

toughasnails
    Why not, if you just said that the game isn't as bad and woke as the haters claim? What is the reason not to give them money if you got some enjoyment from their game?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. mkultra Augur

mkultra
    They went after a lot of great youtube channels at release, managed to (falsely) strike these channels to hurt them economically and possibly taking them down entirely (this can happen if they already have an ongoing strike dispute i believe). People who didn't like the game's politics/wokeness.

Druckmann also said in an interview that the game does have a political agenda. i really don't want politics in my games.

That doesn't mean the game has zero qualities, it does have some good stuff and for me (graphical artist) it was worth checking out by getting a used copy to not support them. ND have incredible artists, probably the best in the industry together with R* (another company i refuse to support nowadays).

^ Top  
  9. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    It's definitely as bad and woke as everyone claims. This user is either retarded, a shill, or completely desensitized to wokeism

• Agree Agree x 4
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    In summary, the gameplay has improved over the first one. The visuals are great on a technical level. But the story and narrative are a complete failure. The game fundamentally misunderstands the point of the original game (The father/daughter bond between Joel and Ellie) and it's all about the circle of violence and revenge, all in happy meal format. The best scenes in this regards are the flashbacks to the original game, with says much.

^ Top  
  11. mkultra Augur

mkultra
    Since you can't read, i didn't play the entire game, i played 3-4h, and in that time, no it's not woke to the degree that it took away from the experience. One thing i remember is that there was one remark that a person was possibly "a racist" (can't remember the exact wording). As i said, i refuse to support the game because its indeed woke and political. Druckmann even said it has an agenda in an interview. I'm not sure if the politics is 5% or 50% of the game, unless i play it from start to finish it's kind of hard to comment on that, if it's 5% it's "playable" to me but not something i would support. I do know how it ends for a certain character, and imo that was a pretty shit thing to do, and to me it seems like the typical hateful agenda you'd expect from a leftist retard like Druckmann.

One thing i do not agree with (i've heard it a few times) is that the gameplay is better. How? The combat is to 99% the same, kind of shit to be honest. What other aspects of the gameplay is "better"?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    Then stop trying to say it's not as woke as people say it is. If you don't know then shut the fuck up.
    Props for that, but you still said something retarded and needed to be called out on it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. KVVRR Learned

KVVRR
    Imagine giving a shit about woke bullshit in video games. If It's western AAA it will have pandering, just ignore it and see if the actual game is any good or take the indie pill

This game is dogshit tho

• NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 3
    • retadred x 3
    • cuck x 2
    • +20 Social Credit x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. mkultra Augur

mkultra
    What retarded thing did i say? Do you mean
    "The woke shit isn't that bad as far as i played (3-4h)."
    Maybe, just maybe, that means "The woke shit isn't that bad as far as i played (3-4h)" and not more than that?

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    no, it's not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  16. mkultra Augur

mkultra
    It's in all big media ("gotta get that ESG score up for the investors!") so unless someone plays 100% small indie titles you will have pandering to some degree, it's all about how much of it is, and if it's in the key elements or just in some side stuff... here it does seem to be in too many key things, i don't know exactly how tainted that is though.

^ Top  
  17. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    don't play modern western games - case solved.

• Agree x 2
    • Math! x 2
    • Merry Christmas! x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. LarryTyphoid Learned

LarryTyphoid
    Haven't read this thread yet, so I don't know if it's come up, but recently Sonyfags on Twitter have been trying to turn this game into a Death Stranding-esque "misunderstood cult classic". Their evidence of this is "woah animation so purty!! gud grafix!!" Sonyfags truly are the lowest form of organic matter

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    And they have Bloodborne.
    Deus Vult!

^ Top  
  20. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    If that's what they're doing then it's fucking dumb. The animations, the visuals and all that are the easiest things to evaluate even if that also require some experience and well, taste. Of course it's easier than leaning on "violence is bad mkay" or even muh tribalism. Or Krishna forbid, to tell how important some woke messages in it and that's why it's so invaluable piece of mass cult.

^ Top  
  21. Archwizard Hank Learned

Archwizard Hank
    Y'know I nearly forgot I posted here until you guys showed up in my alerts while I was lubing up to deliver another 40 pages of... that thing I do. I know I could always, y'know, unwatch threads, but I don't actually post in a lot of places so it's not usually a huge deal. It's not a big deal here either, I actually have an update for you on my friend's experience playing the game. (The second game, specifically - when I originally posted, he was playing through the first. He's since finished the second.)

For context, this friend is the exact kind of woke weenie the pandering in this game would appeal to. He's been having a "crisis of identity" lately, he speaks like a goddamn twitter post (take a shot for every "yikes," "wholesome," "content warning" and "(incoherent keyboard smashing)" and you'll be dead by the eleventh message) and he's under this strange impression that pretending to be happy to the point where it's genuinely disturbing will cure his untreated depression. Nothing against him as a person, guy's got problems and when he isn't caught up in dumb political fads he has decent taste in RPGs. Anyway, you get the fucking point, by all metrics he should have loved this game.

Except he didn't - he fucking hated it. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him hate anything more than this game, aside from maybe Skyrim. And even then, I'm not sure Skyrim stole 50 bucks from him.
    TL;DR proof that a game can have all the diversity in the world and still suck wang

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Olinser Savant

Olinser
    So to be clear, the woke morons have abandoned the LUL FASTEST SELLING GAME EVAR BREAKS RECORDS SO POPULAR SMASH HIT LUL crap that they were spewing and now it's a 'cult classic'.

^ Top  
  23. Xelocix Learned

Xelocix
    Whoa there gamer, calm down. :( Ease off the g-fuel.

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Don't cult classics need to linger for years or decades, with a small but powerful fandom, before they're recognized as such? Don't they have to also be really good, but ultimately unappreciated by the masses until like 30 years later?

^ Top  
  25. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    no, if publisher can pay for article.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Slam dunk! Slam dunk! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.