Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Legend of Heroes: keeping the hikikomori social

Imagine 'hating' these games so much that you spend over 500 hours playing through CS and Reverie and even playing Kuro with fan translations.

You just like dripping a little bit of regular vitriol on this forum as you cuddle your Rean body pillow, don't you?

Personally, most modern games do not appeal to me at all. I want to explore fantasy worlds with high production values. There are no colorful big budget fantasy RPGs coming out of the West. The closest I can get is WoW and GW2, and they only release expansions once every 2 or 3 years. So I have to look overseas. In Japan, most JRPG studios went extinct in the 2000s during the transition to 3D HD or jumped ship to making mobile games. Nowadays we rarely get good JRPGs. Final Fantasy hasn't been charming in over a decade and a half. Tales of releases have slowed to a crawl. SEGA is disinterested in making more Valkyria Chronicles and Sakura Wars games. Xenoblade games only come out once every 5 years. Oddballs like Monochrome Mobius are rare. That just leaves Trails - which comes out almost yearly - as the only real source of fantasy JRPGs for me. They're not even very fantasy given that everyone is a human and it is set on an earth-like world resembling the early modern period (Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel) or the present day (Crossbell, Kuro), but I don't have much choice here. And I've played most of the old JRPGs that appeal to me.

The biggest strength and issue of Trails is just how story it is. These are 100 to 130 hour long games and about 70% of them is reading. Most of it is padding that can be cut, but that's not the worst part. The stories in these games are not satisfactorily concluded within one game, but you're instead supposed to buy sequel games on the hope that there will be a satisfying conclusion to what was promised in an earlier game. Except these games rarely payoff on those promises. The status quo always resets. The heroes suffer no real consequences. The are stunning moments of protagonist hypocrisy and double standards. In the end you feel like you've wasted all this time paying attention and speculating for no real reason. That feels really bad when the 1,000+ hour long story is the main feature of these games. There are other things to enjoy about Trails besides the story, such as the appealing visuals, pleasant characters, the cool music, and the combat and character building, but again that's really secondary to the story, which is almost always the source of Trails' disappointments and frustrations.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The closest I can get is WoW and GW2, and they only release expansions once every 2 or 3 years.

:hmmm:

Nowadays we rarely get good JRPGs.

Disagree. I find a ton of good JRPGs to play.

Final Fantasy hasn't been charming in over a decade and a half. Tales of releases have slowed to a crawl. SEGA is disinterested in making more Valkyria Chronicles and Sakura Wars games. Xenoblade games only come out once every 5 years. Oddballs like Monochrome Mobius are rare.

These series that you mentioned aren't like Kiseki at all.
Everyone wants to play good games. But do you specifically want to play Kiseki? You make it sound like you just play these games because they just fit a certain style.

They're not even very fantasy given that everyone is a human and it is set on an earth-like world resembling the early modern period (Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel) or the present day (Crossbell, Kuro)

Your criteria for fantasy seems to be your own and makes little sense. Kiseki games are high fantasy by all conventional definitions.

The series has:
- magic, wielded by characters, but also as an intrinsic part of the setting and environment
- fantastical creatures, including talking beasts
- technology hundreds of years ahead of our own
- characters having extravagant abilities

The biggest strength and issue of Trails is just how story it is.

Considering how you go on in the same paragraph to disagree with yourself on this point, please revisit this statement re: strength, because you really don't seem to like the story at all.

These are 100 to 130 hour long games and about 70% of them is reading.

Maybe 50% for most players. That percentage obviously goes up if you start looking into the optional novel books and other stuff, like character bios and blurbs.
As for the reading part, I know what you mean, and I don't necessarily want to nitpick, but I will. They're not text-only VNs. Not when you also have animations and character speech. So, no, it's a bit more than just 'reading'.

Most of it is padding that can be cut

There is no padding. Just because you don't like certain parts it doesn't mean they're inessential. I, for example, think Zeit is completely useless, but both fans as well as the writers obviously disagree, because he was in Crossbell and he's in Reverie again.

Objectively, anything that could feasibly be considered padding is completely optional, like the aforementioned books and minigames.
It's actually the opposite of padding, because unlike in many other games, minigames and other similar activites in the series are completely and truly optional.

The stories in these games are not satisfactorily concluded within one game, but you're instead supposed to buy sequel games on the hope that there will be a satisfying conclusion to what was promised in an earlier game.

No, you're not supposed to do that at all. This is not Final Fantasy. These games are episodic in a connected grand universe and the only kind of conclusion they receive is based on arcs: Liberl, Crossbell, Erebonia, Calvard. Whatever gave you the impression these are one-offs? Nothing. You're inserting your own weird expectations based on nothing.
In a sense, you're the kind of customer Falcom loves to have, because you seem like you really don't want to play these games, but you just keep doing so and talking about them.

Except these games rarely payoff on those promises.

There is no such promise. You made it up in your head. Fans want the story to continue. Fans want to see the same characters and even more new ones. This is a series not just in name, but in essence.

The status quo always resets. The heroes suffer no real consequences.

You meant to say 'the heroes suffer no negative consequences'. There is definite character progression, but it is in an upward manner.
But it's the same for the villains. They also tend to get stronger.
I mean, this is all something that's been happening since Trails in the Sky, so if you don't like it, why are you still playing these games?

The are stunning moments of protagonist hypocrisy and double standards.

Maybe this is true. And? Point me to a better videogame story of this length.

In the end you feel like you've wasted all this time paying attention and speculating for no real reason.

No. I don't play these games to speculate. I don't play these games to make fanfic. I enjoy them for what they are, in the moment, and then look forward to whatever comes next.

That feels really bad when the 1,000+ hour long story is the main feature of these games.

This is a non-sequitur. You just said in more than one way that you've wanted the story to come to a conclusion, which would guarantee that it would never reach 1,000+ hours.
Do you want a short or long story?

but again that's really secondary to the story

The clown squad member whom I was replying to previously had had way more criticisms than the story. In fact he always does, that's why you can tell he's lying. And yet he always comes back (great customer).

You mentioned other parts of the games are pleasing, but others would disagree with you on this too. Some don't like the graphics, others don't like the music. I read them on Youtube and other places.
And gameplay isn't secondary to the story at all. The gameplay, past minigames and field encounters, is directly tied to the story itself - difficulty and balancing issues aside.

But anyway, since your critiques are way more integral and encompassing than the clown squad's ("I don't like Rean", "I only like Estelle as a 2D sprite", "These characters are in highschool and I'm in my fifties and that makes me feel bad", etc.), I'd like to understand why you keep playing like they're forcing a gun to your head.

There is no padding. Just because you don't like certain parts it doesn't mean they're inessential. I, for example, think Zeit is completely useless, but both fans as well as the writers obviously disagree, because he was in Crossbell and he's in Reverie again.

When I talk about padding, I'm talking about the structure of the games. Look at SC. On the macro level, the first four chapters are padding. You wander around, a villain does something evil for no reason, you fight, they waltz off and the chapter ends without you having captured a villain or gotten closer to defeating them. Rinse and repeat for five chapters until the B-team of Bracers come back and tell you that they found the bad guys' secret base offscreen. Same thing happens during the first 100 hours of CS3 when you're chasing Ouroboros around as they sic killer robots on high school students or assault skyscrapers or bombard cities and massacre garrisons for no reason. Same thing happens with the first four chapters of Kuro 1. And so on.

And then you have fluff on the micro level, such as too many NPCs updating their text too often, but you can't just ignore the NPCs because the writers hide key details in there that makes the plots make less nonsense. Sometimes individual NPC storylines are worth following every update, such as recently in Kuro with the single father in Old Town or the married woman in department store trying to tell Beth how to find a good husband. But very rarely is the entire bulk of NPC dialogue worth following. CS4 is the only exception I can think of, where almost all of the NPCs are reacting in the face of Calvard's aggression and you have people selling their possessions to go volunteer in the army, struggling artists who are being pressured to give up their pointless hobby to go fight for the country, people starting up food drives, conmen everywhere, people becoming paranoid about how they arrange books on a display stand might be interpreted as being unpatriotic and get them jailed, etc.

you really don't seem to like the story at all.

I like the stories about geopolitical conflict. FC where the Intelligence Division enacts a subtle coup to try to preserve their country in the face of an escalating cold war between two aggressive superpowers. The middle 1/3rd of Ao when Dieter makes his bid for independence. CS1 and CS2 with the Erebonian civil war and the backdrop of the escalating cold war. The completely fantasy plots like 3rd are okay. I most dislike whenever supervillains takes center stage such as in SC or the latter Cold Steel games.

Kiseki games are high fantasy by all conventional definitions.

I'm talking about the feel. When I play Final Fantasy 9 or 10, or play Warcraft, or play Xenoblade, I feel like I am visiting a true fantasy world unlike my own. There are no cars or urban cities or overgrown buercracies or corrupt parliaments around. When I play a Trails game, I either feel like I am playing late 19th/early 20th century Europe, but with a topping of airships, mechas and anime swordsmen", or just the boring modern day world with a topping of airships, mechas, and anime swordsmen. I do like the Trails world but I don't think it has enough wonder to justify 1,000+ hours like Final Fantasy or Warcraft. Cold Steel had the most fantasy with thousand year old dark dragons that slew an emperor and unleashed an apclaypse upon the empire that forced the capital to move to Saint-Arkh and magic mechas that fight in ritualistic duels, but Kuro doesn't have that and I'm dreading it being 300+ hours long.

This is a non-sequitur. You just said in more than one way that you've wanted the story to come to a conclusion, which would guarantee that it would never reach 1,000+ hours.
Do you want a short or long story?

I want a satisfying story. SC would have been much more satisfying had the defeat of the Enforcers there been the actual end of them. It's unsatisfying for Zin to seemingly, definitively beat Walter to a 1v1 duel atop the Axis Pillar, and then we leave him alive. Hopefully he quits Ouroboros... and then whoops, in CS4 you find out that not only is he still in Ouroboros but he is actively trying to stop the good guys. So beating him in SC was pointless. Or Ao where you definitively beat mass murders like Shirley, Sigmund, or Wald, but then you just knock them out on the floor and they wake up later to escape and continue haunting the franchise with Shirley siccing killer robots on high schoolers or bombarding cities or helping sacrifice children in future games. We killed Weissman only for him to be immediately replaced by the next arc. The net total of Ouroboros bad guys should be decreasing as the story goes on, but it is only increasing. All these fights and I'm not making the world a better place.

And gameplay isn't secondary to the story at all. The gameplay, past minigames and field encounters, is directly tied to the story itself - difficulty and balancing issues aside.

The gameplay is secondary to the story in that the story is the bulk of the playtime and is the main selling point of new games. Trails' battles aren't sophisticated enough that having lots of intricately designed boss battles is a selling point, especially Kuro in which the boss fights are bland on an unprecedented level for this franchise and you don't have anything remotely interesting like fighting both Arianrhod and Osborne on nightmare where you have to separate them and do so without being able to use a master quartz or a craft that guarantees the acquisition of aggro, or that fight on the Pantagruel with Gareth sniping your characters from a bridge off the battlefield and you can't target him.

I'd like to understand why you keep playing like they're forcing a gun to your head.

Because they are the only games in the desert of modern gaming that vaguely appeal to me. I like the visuals. I like the music. I like the voice acting. The world is enjoyable enough. I do get hooked by the geopolitics. I do like the idea of the turn based combat. I just wish that the writers didn't consistently pussy out, that they didn't consistently have selective morality, that they don't bloat up their game with lots of filler chapters where you accomplish nothing or NPC dialogue that wastes your time (in general stop wasting the audience's time and actually have the player make progress in stopping Ouroboros' plans and taking out their members), that they had more varied player casts rather than everyone being a young babyfaced prodigy, and put more effort into designing their encounters.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
The clown squad member whom I was replying to previously had had way more criticisms than the story. In fact he always does, that's why you can tell he's lying. And yet he always comes back (great customer).

As I mentioned in my previous post I liked Kuro 1 more than any CS game (cs3&4 I enjoyed playing more than cs1/2, hajimari is my least favorite trails games and cs1 I consider mediocre (=disappointment considering how much I enjoyed previous games before it) and cs2 bad.

Also I fail to see the logic behind me disliking the story AND some other additional elements such as randomly generated dungeons and loot boxes makes me liar could you elaborate this?

Things other than story I listed bad in my post:
same locations + bosses as in kuro1
party starts level 10
randomly generated dungeons + skill upgrading via loot boxes
bad mini games
mediocre quests
mini games + quests is a preference thing but the rest of my points are objectively correct.

Maybe play the game first before calling something fake news.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Sorry, I've been busy all week.

Let me first start with the resident crybaby.

As I mentioned in my previous post I liked Kuro 1 more than any CS game (cs3&4 I enjoyed playing more than cs1/2, hajimari is my least favorite trails games and cs1 I consider mediocre (=disappointment considering how much I enjoyed previous games before it) and cs2 bad.

I have never seen you post a single positive thing in this thread. You feed off of whining.

Maybe play the game first before calling something fake news.

Play the game first? You mean like you did here?

image.png

As for the Fake News rating, it was in lieu of Retarded, I don't give those.
Rest assured I consider your disingenuous posts retarded.

Val the Moofia Boss I'll address some of the main points in your reply.

It seems you want the series' writing to reach some unprecedented levels of perfection and thus you find a vast amount of things to nitpick. I'm happy just knowing these games exist and booting them up, because I think they're that good.

- You know full well I also want more focus on geopolitics, because that's a really strong point of the series. I find what is present at various dosages is enough to satisfy me.
The latest entry I've played, Reverie, had geopolitics in the spotlight as well once again. I personally didn't want to be back in Crossbell, because I find Erebonia a much more interesting region. But, realistically, Crossbell is geographically positioned in a place ideal for conflict, so it's not like going back there is completely out of left field.

- Yeah, the Crossbell games had their weaknesses and CS3/4 did shift focus significantly from geopolitical matters. I'd also like less dragons and curses and more intrigue.

- To bring up an example, I was really really invested in the nobles VS commoners plotlines during CS1 and 2. Do I think they needed to write further in that direction? Yes! Do I find the alternate directions they took the games fun as well? Yes; perhaps not as much fun as I would have found the other things, but it is what it is.
I know that concepts or characters or storylines I may become hooked on to don't necessarily appeal to everyone, and the reason I became interested in them in the first place is because I was offered a taste in the first place. I'm satisfied with that, you don't seem to be. It's as simple as that.

- I like mostly all characters enough to enjoy interactions between them or side stories that come up. I see you think of them often as filler, but I believe they're quite important to the whole package. Again, it's not like all of them are impeccable - I consider Musse's storyline, for example, very unsatisfying. It's left a lot of questions unanswered regarding Musse's past and current status, as well as the inherent politics of Lamare Province and nobility politics as a whole. I didn't like how all those things didn't receive a satisfying conclusion and closure in Reverie and felt that it was vital that we get more stuff on Musse; but we didn't.

There's characters I also don't like. For example, I dislike McBurn - I think he's a very low quality character. McBurn was instrumental in various key places as a gameplay/high power hindrance to overcome and I think he should have been kept as such and never seen again. But, still, I had a ton of fun using him to annihilate stuff in the Reverie dungeons. I easily find the good in what I also might find bad. I'm just a positive guy.

- While I like having a massive character cast of both main characters and bad guys because they're all really cool, I think having a slightly smaller set begets better character development and focus.

- You brought up encounter design, which is related to difficulty. This has been something I've admitted Falcom could do much, much better on - objectively. But I don't agree with you regarding the sophistication of the battle system, from CS3 to Reverie the system serves to be extremely satisfying without being cumbersome. It just doesn't get a chance to shine as well as it can.

- Multiple times now you've stated that you would enjoy if villains were completely eliminated and thrown out of the picture. Would you find that a satisfying way to take things knowing that, in an alternate universe, killing off Ouroboros (in Sky FC or CS3 or any other point) completely would just have them replaced by another, similar group of villains? Are you sure that you wouldn't be frustrated that villains never received development equivalent to the MCs because they were culled too quickly?
I personally think Ouroboros is a very interesting faction and it's in a good place as of Reverie. If anything, I'd be happier if it was made even more mysterious and even more untouchable, former Ouroboros members becoming part of the good guys' cast kind of ruins the vibe (but that's been happening since Joshua).

How do you justify the death of Arianrhod, btw? She was a really good gray-morality character that was killed off, despite having really good potential to be milked in the future.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I have never seen you post a single positive thing in this thread. You feed off of whining.
Third post in a row: I liked Kuro 1 more than any CS game or Hajimari. That is a positive thing about Kuro 1. Also I have spoken fondly about fc-ao in this thread and probably cs3-4 when comparing em to cs1-2.

Older post I made in this thread after I finished Kuro 1:

h7HX276.png

Play the game first? You mean like you did here?

image.png
Yes I played it for few hours which was enough to make that conclusion. Same as with Monark.

You really deserve a spot in the clown squad welcome aboard :love:

I don't think smaller casts of characters are better developed. I don't think Tio or Ellie or Wazy or Rixia were any more interesting than the Class VII characters. No do I think Kloe or Tita or Joshua are much more interesting. But the increased quantity is a plus because it means there is a better chance of me finding characters I do like. When I play Crossbell I can't assemble a full 4 man team of characters I like, because the only characters I somewhat liked were Dudley (only available in the last chapter of Ao) and Randy, and didn't care about anyone else. But in Cold Steel I can almost always have a full party of characters I like except for CS3 where you are stuck with NC7 a lot and I only liked Rean and somewhat liked Ash.

As for geopolitical conflict vs dragon slaying, I don't mind either. I suppose I prefer the geopolitical conflict because that is what differentiates Trails from other franchises and Trails has good buildup for these stories (usually, Kuro not withstanding) but always botches the payoff. The fantasy plots like 3rd and Reverie also screw the pooch a lot but they didn't have that huge payoff and thus didn't have huge expectations to fall short of.

I thought McBurn was one of the more entertaining enforcers. Didn't use him in Reverie.

As for the battle system, there are certain fundamental issues that have piled up and haven't been adaquately addressed in Reverie or Kuro, despite us being a dozen games deep into this franchise and the battle system should be matured by now. Off of the top of my head:
  • For example, the pointlessness of status effects throughout the series from FC to Kuro. A huge portion of quartz, crafts, and items in Trails stack a status effect, but using status effects is almost never viable. You can't stack high enough chance to inflict freeze until late into the game, but by that point trash battles are so fast and effortless that the status effect is pointless. It would be useful in the early game on nightmare or abyss difficulty when trash battles can go on for several minutes, but again at this stage you can't stack high enough freeze chance for it to be worth the opportunity cost of using those limited quartz/item slots or spending CP on something else. And bosses are almost always immune or have a slim chance of being affected so you don't bother.
  • You have weird stuff where the defense and HP stats are worthless because on higher difficulties the enemies deal so much damage that your characters will die anyway, even with astronomically high defense and HP, and you will rarely take magic damage that can't be impeded, so the only defense stat that matters is evasion. Evasion is also preferably to defense because you can only counterattack by evading, but since you have to be within weapon range to counterattack, this leads to the game design incentivizing odd, unintuitive and immersion breaking builds such as making fragile ladies with guns like Towa, Ellie, Tita, Noel, etc as your evasion tanks because they have far enough reach with their guns to almost always counterattack. It's very weird in Kuro, the 11th game where you have three trained martial artist characters who are protectors in the story and have crafts taunt/self insight crafts or are have high def and hp and deal more damage the less HP they have and you think they should be your tanks, but because they have swords or fist weapons they only have a reach of 1 meaning they would almost never counterattack, and you instead want to turn fragile little boys and girls like Quatre or Feri into your evasion tank because they have handguns with longer range. And in the latter Trails games, bosses spam crafts or S-crafts that hit the entire room so everyone needs evasion anyway.
  • Arts are almost always the optimal way to deal damage but are boring to use compared to crafts. Crafts come with a lot of additional effects and the S-craft mechanic (being able to pop one at any time as long as you have 100 CP or more) makes you consider how much CP you want to spend. With arts there are no such considerations. You just spam the most powerful art you can over and over and if you run out of EP, just use an item to recharge. You can cancel enemy arts with impede crafts and waste their turn but you are never at risk of your arts being cancelled. Arts are also unenjoyable compared to crafts as with crafts, each character has unique craft animations but with arts everyone is just spamming the same animation over and over. Aerial/White Gehenna/Death Scream in Sky or Lord Inferno in Crossbell, Void Ark in Kuro, etc.

How do you justify the death of Arianrhod, btw? She was a really good gray-morality character that was killed off, despite having really good potential to be milked in the future.

I was thrilled when she died. I was 900 hours into this series and only 1 out of the 8 big bads (7 anguis + Grandmaster) had been taken out, and then that progress was reversed within two games when Weissman was replaced. Arianrhod was evil. She was a part of an evil organization that kidnapped dozens of people and fatally tried linking them up to a robot and she didn't lift a finger, was there when Weissman was experimenting upon little kids and enslaving them or when Mariabell was overseeing a cult that kidnapped and experimented upon kids and didn't lift a finger, stood there on the rooftop while Crossbell burned and people were dying and didn't lift a finger, is a leader in an organization that recruits psychopaths and constantly sics them on innocents with psychos trying to cause earthquakes or crushing malls or burning farms or shooting up theaters or siccing killer robots upon high schoolers and so on. She herself even supervises an operation in which Ouroboros steals railway guns and then bombards a port city and then massacres a military garrison for no reason. And then finally someone put their pants on and took out the trash. I was annoyed that the characters kept sucking up to her after she died and labelled Rufus as evil for that.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
I've finally finished Reverie, after 108h or so, and to be honest, I have pretty mixed feelings. After such a long wait, the game disappointed me a little bit. It wasn't shit or anything close to it, just very 'meh'. Having a cast of 40+ characters meant zero actual character development for most of them. Very little fun / memorable moments, the game felt very lazy / low effort at times. Not to mention simple bugs in translation that were easy to spot and never corrected. Some of the tropes also really get old: the power of friendship, 'I see you're working hard', s-craft soon after 'enhanced', etc. This is first time when I finish a 100h+ game and feel absolutely nothing, very strange. I liked all the Cold Steel games much better than this one, Sky SC and 3rd were also better.

What doesn't help is seeing some reports that Kuro is not only not better, but actually worse - that doesn't expire much confidence. I'm wondering if Falcom lost most of their talent already.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Most Of these character's arc are finished. There are very much character development in C's route and rean's post CS4.

But the point for 40+ characters are you get to play as your favorite characters or combination of "what if A meet G?". What reverie fulfills is basically crossovers fantasy and breaking down mechanics. For example putting 4 100% eva character so you can just laugh at the game, etc.

I was disappointed by Reverie's huge roster. 50+ playable characters but Victor is the one and only playable character you can get who doesn't look like a young babyface, and he isn't even playable during the story.

The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria has been announced

Releasing in Japan in September 2024

OF47g1t.jpg

This is the second Verne mech we've seen, after the Zyklas. Seems to have copied Valimar's flightbooster pack design. Dunno who is piloting it, since we haven't seen any other Zyklas pilots in the series yet besides Gramhardt, and that was only for an emergency situation. Not sure the President would risk an experimental spaceflight himself.

m7HFtDC.jpg

t1DDRhG.jpg

Don't get your hopes up. The prerelease marketing for CS4 and Reverie also showed off Grandmaster images and teased people with the idea that the plot would finally advance, and then it didn't happen. This might just be another 30 second fluff scene that amounts to nothing.

lZ3Ihi2.jpg

IC29MuE.png

YT3tRVB.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Farewell O'zemuria probably indicating whatever is separating the continent and the rest of the planet "the beyond" is gonna come down. This would not be the end of the series as these are still falcom's biggest sellling titles.

It has been announced that Kai no Kiseki will switch POVs each chapter, though it's unclear whether or not there will be routes where you can play as the same teams one chapter after another until the end of the game.

yGd953r.jpg

Qj4orC7.png

frajaq

Erudite
Finished Cold Steel 3, I liked some parts of it, but felt that the playable/relevant crowd is getting a bit too large
also kind of a bleak ending! not sure I liked that aspect

jUEKtu9.png

Jinn

Arcane
Really looking forward to it. I've been excitedly waiting to explore the Calvard Republic ever since Zin joined the party in Sky FC. Despite some of the valid criticisms that have been leveled towards this game, I have no doubt the wait will have been worth it for me. Also, Van seems like he'll likely become my favorite main protagonist of the series aside from Kevin. Spriggan seems like a great occupation to place the player in too.

Got some great months of gaming ahead of me.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reading that people are already complaining about "creative" localization, and we only have a trailer.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Really looking forward to it. I've been excitedly waiting to explore the Calvard Republic ever since Zin joined the party in Sky FC. Despite some of the valid criticisms that have been leveled towards this game, I have no doubt the wait will have been worth it for me. Also, Van seems like he'll likely become my favorite main protagonist of the series aside from Kevin. Spriggan seems like a great occupation to place the player in too.

Got some great months of gaming ahead of me.
fantasy anime japan

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom