Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Legend of Sword and Fairy aka Chinese Paladin

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've put all of the recent Chinese rpgs on my wishlist, and hoping for a translation in some shape or form.

immo

Novice
Wish I could buy this game outright with the english translations. I'm having so many problems running it. Just gives me weird characters instead of Chinese or English. -_-;

Nostaljaded

Savant
v3.2 translation is released.
Same Romhacking link as 1st post.

Changelog:
v3.20 20171231 (by Nostaljaded)
- Included win32 SDLPal mingw build
- Simplified other language installation instructions
- Updated SDLPal official sourcecode link & other links
- Renamed win_files filenames to follow freeware filename conventions
- Merged desc.dat into language file, now all localization is in 1 single file
- Fixed CHS & CHT Equip & Status screen layout and illegible font size
- Other minor text cleanups @ 50%

2 push factors for this release:
- fixed my oversight on missing out the earlier dialog lines at the end of the message file (so now any shit dialog edit for the 1st half is entirely my limited ability/mistakes)
- as a thanks/way of paying forward for SDLPal team & others on bug reports/fixes and more multi-platform support, e.g. fork for PSVita homebrew

palmusicfan

Novice
v3.2 translation is released.

Changelog:
v3.20 20171231 (by Nostaljaded)
- Included win32 SDLPal mingw build
- Simplified other language installation instructions
- Updated SDLPal official sourcecode link & other links
- Renamed win_files filenames to follow freeware filename conventions
- Merged desc.dat into language file, now all localization is in 1 single file
- Fixed CHS & CHT Equip & Status screen layout and illegible font size
- Other minor text cleanups @ 50%

2 push factors for this release:
- fixed my oversight on missing out the earlier dialog lines at the end of the message file (so now any shit dialog edit for the 1st half is entirely my limited ability/mistakes)
- as a thanks/way of paying forward for SDLPal team & others on bug reports/fixes and more multi-platform support, e.g. fork for PSVita homebrew
WOW!

palmusicfan

Novice
Would you guys like to test the new GLSL video filter system?
Test builds are here:
https://github.com/sdlpal/sdlpal/releases
glsl_test
custom GLSL test build

Usage:
Download this file https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/raw/master/xbrz/shaders/4xbrz.glsl (for example) and put it in the PAL game folder.
Edit the file of sdlpal.cfg. After running the new sdlpal.exe (or new builds for other platforms), you will find some new items. Please set them like:
EnableGLSL=1
Enabling new GLSL system.
EnableHDR=0
HDR mode. It works only when GLSL is enabled.
TextureHeight=960
TextureWidth=1280
Rendering target resolution.
Shader=4xbrz.glsl
GLSL file name.

As we tested, now a few of GLSL files of Retroarch (https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/) are supported.

anti-aliasing/shaders/fxaa.glsl
crt/shaders/crt-cgwg-fast.glsl
crt/shaders/crt-easymode.glsl
sabr/shaders/sabr-hybrid.glsl
sabr/shaders/sabr-v3.0.glsl
xbr/shaders/xbr-lv2.glsl
xbr/shaders/xbr-lv3.glsl
crt/shaders/crt-aperture.glsl
crt/shaders/crt-nes-mini.glsl
ddt/shaders/ddt.glsl
deblur/shaders/3d-2d-mixed.glsl
denoisers/shaders/fast-bilateral.glsl
handheld/shaders/dot.glsl
handheld/shaders/lcd3x.glsl
pal/shaders/pal-r57shell.glsl
pal/shaders/pal-singlepass.glsl
retro/shaders/bevel.glsl
retro/shaders/sharp-bilinear-scanlines.glsl
retro/shaders/sharp-bilinear-simple.glsl
retro/shaders/smootheststep.glsl
scalehq/shaders/2xScaleHQ.glsl
scalehq/shaders/4xScaleHQ.glsl
xsoft/shaders/4xsoftSdB.glsl

xbrz/shaders/4xbrz.glsl
xbrz/shaders/5xbrz.glsl
xbrz/shaders/6xbrz.glsl
xsal/shaders/2xsal.glsl

eagle/shaders/supereagle.glsl
scalenx/shaders/scale2x.glsl
scalenx/shaders/scale2xplus.glsl
scalenx/shaders/scale3x.glsl

Last edited:

palmusicfan

Novice
Interesting. What was the impetus to porting in to PSP? Way to play it with a gamepad/easier access in general?
SDLPal is a multi-platform project. Actually there was a PSP port of SDLPal v1.0 released in 2010. At that time, playing this game on a portable device with a large screen was very attractive. As time goes on, the old PSP version was dropped from the official repo.
Recently I got a PSV (PSV has its native SDLPal port), a device has a real PSP CPU within. Now it is possible to run test with a real PSP CPU, so I would like to try to adapt the new version of SDLPal v2.0 to the PSP. Now PSP is basically a low-end device. I want to know if the current SDLPal can run on such hardware. After solving some tricky problems, I found it seems to run very well, although a bit slower with BGM on.

Last edited:

Nostaljaded

Savant
Current Chinese to English machine translation status, compared against previous fan-translated v2.5 version.

Using Bling to translate as Gaggle was too hilarious; public version is using the 'Do you wanna get smacked?' extended version. :M

Next ENG translation update will be out end of this month to be on par with current SDLPal code.

Nostaljaded

Savant
v3.3 translation is released.

Changelog:
v3.3 20190831 (by Nostaljaded)
- Fixed dialog text styling due to new symbols (not present in original game) being used for text styling (by other mods) in recent SDLPal
- Renamed localization filename extension to SLF (SDLPal Localization File)
- Renamed Lao Lao to Grandma, Miss Liu to Madam Liu, Chief Priestess to Queen, A Nu to Ah Nu, Mentor to Master Ling Yue & other minor characters
- Fixed NPCs not properly named for a village in the latter half
- Another pass on minor text cleanups for more faithful translation
- Other minor text cleanups @ 55%

Unknown998

Barely Literate
Thanks a lot for the translation.

Im looking forward to playing this game, but I would prefer to play it in the XP version if possible. Is it somehow possible to apply the English translation to the Steam XP version of the game?

Nostaljaded

Savant
I don't think it can be easily done.

Besides new dialogs added in XP version, the data structures are (probably) different in the remake as well.
And I prefer the faster combat animations and better styled portraits of the original.

There's a stalled Pal XP ENG translation which can be found here:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/933/

Unknown998

Barely Literate
Thank you for the answer. I do have the SteamXP version but I cant install the translation there. Any idea where to get a version that I can apply the translation to?
I don't think it can be easily done.

Besides new dialogs added in XP version, the data structures are (probably) different in the remake as well.
And I prefer the faster combat animations and better styled portraits of the original.

There's a stalled Pal XP ENG translation which can be found here:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/933/

Nostaljaded

Savant
From the Steam forums, seems like the Steam XP version is a port from a smartphone port.
The XP translation mod (probably) needs the original Chinese XP PC version to work.

Best to ask them directly.

Also, I wouldn't recommend playing a game with an unfinished, stalled translation where it will cease before reaching end game.

Unknown998

Barely Literate
I can see that the files are compatible since they did override most files in the Stem version and even replace some simple sentences into English
It seems that the problem is that long sentences cant be translated without me launching it via the Palgame_eng.exe provided in the English patch
But whenever I try to launch it I get the following messege:
"binksetvolume@8 cannot be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll"
I have tried all possible ways I could find on the net to correct this
But nothing worked sofar
All I want is to use https://sites.google.com/site/fairyswordinfo/home
I have bought the game for this.
If most of the game is translated I could translate what is left via Baidu translate, which is not bad.

palmusicfan

Novice
I can see that the files are compatible since they did override most files in the Stem version and even replace some simple sentences into English
If most of the game is translated I could translate what is left via Baidu translate, which is not bad.
The NEW Pal translator provides LSF Toolset. You could use this tool to complete the rest of the translation work.

palmusicfan

Novice
Just took a look at the LSF Toolset.
The LSF Toolset can export script files that are easy for human to read. But it seems that this toolset can not import the script files back. We could only edit the text in the GUI of the toolset.

Unknown998

Barely Literate
Well I dont know what to do. I cant get an old version of XP PAL and I cant make the translation run. Sad. At least the Steam Pal didnt cost much.

palmusicfan

Novice
Well I dont know what to do. I cant get an old version of XP PAL and I cant make the translation run. Sad. At least the Steam Pal didnt cost much.
I suddenly remembered one thing.
When you use the patch with the Steam EXE, what do you see? Long, untranslated sentences? Perhaps those are yet translated. Please post screenshots.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So I am trying to mess around with the file for Chinese Paladin 2. I think the dialgoue are located in talk.dat files in the game folders.

Do you know how to unpack these files?

megatron-uk

Barely Literate
Hi, can someone please confirm whether the English translation patch files will work on a vanilla Dos version of the game? i.e. one that you would actually run in MS-DOS/PC-DOS itself - not Windows, not Linux, not with the replacement sdlpal.exe.

I'm reading the v3.3 readme.txt and along with the patch information on Romhacking it's not clear whether this should work or not - Romhacking says "Recommended to run game with ‘SDLPal’ exe." ... but not that you have to.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Nope, even the latest v3.3 ENG is not translated for vanilla DOS version.
For running vanilla ENG, only Windows versions (Pal95 & Pal98) will work.
For DOS ENG version, have to run with SDLPal (which adds in the much appreciated Item & Spell infobox).

As written in readme.txt / changelog:
v3.1 20151231 (by Nostaljaded)
- SDLPal DOS ENG support (applicable only to SDLPal, not motivated to copy over 10k lines line-by-line for original PalDOS support)
- Cross-referenced and corrected original Chinese dialog lines in DOS & WIN...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom