Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2020 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, you can change your votes as new games are added.

Upcoming games included in the poll:
(Let me know if any of the release dates need to be changed.)

1. Archaelund (4 Dimension Games)
Release Date: Q4 2023
Realms of Arkania-style RPG from DavidBVal set in the world of Exiled Kingdoms.
Codex Thread
Steam

2. ATOM RPG: Trudograd (Atom Team)
Release Date: Early 2021
Standalone expansion for post-apocalyptic Codex favorite ATOM RPG, set in the city of Trudograd.
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

3. Baldur's Gate III (Larian Studios)
Release Date: Q4 2021
The long-awaited sequel to the famous D&D RPG series, from the most successful RPG developer of our time. But will it be a nostalgic game or something more modern?
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

4. Call of Saregnar (Legendworks)
Release Date: TBA
A faithfully retro Betrayal at Krondor homage by Rhuantavan.
Codex Thread
Patreon

5. Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Roleplaying Game (Iron Tower Studio)
Release Date: Q4 2021
Iron Tower Studio's next major title, a party-based RPG set onboard a generation ship in deep space.
Codex Forum
Steam

6. Encased (Dark Crystal Games)
Release Date: 2021
A Fallout-like RPG set in a localized post-apocalypse underneath a mysterious dome in an alternate history 1970s. Made by Russian studio Dark Crystal Games, headed by an ex-Larian developer.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam
GOG

7. Expeditions: ??? (Logic Artists)
The third Expeditions game from Logic Artists, still unannounced. Possibly Expeditions: Rome.
Codex Forum

8. Fallen Gods (Wormwood Studios)
Release Data: TBA
Primordia designer Mark Yohalem's next game, an atmospheric roguelike-ish RPG where you play a Norse god trying to find his way back to Asgard.
Codex Thread

9. Gamedec (Anshar Studios)
Fancy-looking cyberpunk RPG based on a series of Polish novels, where you play as a virtual world detective. Has no combat system. Hopefully the writing will be up to par.
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG
Kickstarter

10. Mechajammer (Whalenought Studios)
Whalenought Studios' next game, a cyberpunkish isometric RPG featuring vertical exploration, stealth and "time-based" combat.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam Greenlight
Preorder

11. Monomyth (Rat Tower)
A first-person action-RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis and Ultima Underworld by RatTower. Will he single-handedly succeed where OtherSide failed?
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Steam

12. Odd Gods (Inn Between Worlds)
Release Data: TBA
A phase-based RPG inspired by 90s culture, by the Codex's own Grumpy Grognard.
Codex Thread

13. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (Owlcat Games)
Release Date: June 2021
Owlcat's next Pathfinder RPG, once again based on an official tabletop adventure path. This time we face off against a demonic invasion.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Preorder

14. Prometheus Wept (Timeslip Softworks)
The next RPG from the creator of Vigilantes, set in a near future post-technology Earth.
Codex Thread
Steam

15. Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen (Ceres Games)
The developers of Chaos Chronicles reform to develop a spiritual successor. Turn-based combat using the D&D 3E OGL ruleset.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Preorder
Steam
GOG

16. Solasta: Crown of the Magister (Tactical Adventures)
Release Date: Q2 2021
Amplitude co-founder Mathieu Girard wants to create a D&D 5E OGL-based isometric RPG with a focus on environmental interactions and verticality. So far it's looking good!
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG
Kickstarter

17. Space Wreck (Pahris Entertainment)
Release Date: Q3 2021
Codexer Kamaz is developing a short Fallout-inspired isometric RPG where you have to scavenge for parts on a derelict spacecraft. Originally a free browser game, now being expanded with more content.
Codex Thread
Steam

18. Stellar Tactics (Maverick Games)
Sandbox space RPG by Arcanum producer Don Wilkins where you can travel in space and engage in isometric turn-based battles with your landing party. Stellar Tactics does it all!
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

19. Stoneshard (Ink Stains Games)
Release Date: Q1 2022
A turn-based roguelike set in a gritty medieval fantasy world. Has awesome pixel art, and seems to be pretty awesome in general.
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Kickstarter
Steam
GOG

20. The Way of Wrath (Animmal)
Unique RPG by Hellwalker set in a fantasy Neolithic/early Bronze Age. Hold the fort against the enemy tribes who have conquered your land.
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG
Kickstarter

21. Underrail: Infusion (Stygian Software)
Standalone expansion for Codex cult RPG Underrail, set in a new area of the world and featuring a different player character. Hopefully it comes out before 2025.
Codex Forum

22. Urban Strife (White Pond Games)
Release Date: Q3 2021
A turn-based zombie survival RPG that aims to succeed where Dead State failed. Looks really solid.
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Steam

23. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (Hardsuit Labs)
Suddenly, a Bloodlines sequel with Brian Mitsoda as lead narrative designer! But can it possibly be good in the current year?
Codex Thread
Preorder
Steam
GOG

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New year, new poll.

I cleaned out the vaporware (System Shock 3 and Serpent in the Staglands standalone expansion) and replaced them with Stoneshard and Trudograd.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
yeah atom is probably one of the few new CRPGS in recently years that i actually enjoyed

overly excitable young man

Already looks like a much better year than 2018 and 2019 combined.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Where the fuck is Beautiful Desolation?

Add that shit right now, it release in february already.

REsident Evil 3 remake

and obviously Cyberpunk 2077 in april which is gonna be goty codex 2020

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Where is the Cyberpunk 2077?
This is a list of incline.

Keanu-Cyberpunk-920x518.jpeg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Damn, just realized there are going to be three simultaneous RPG Kickstarters in February - Pathfinder, Cyber Knights and KOTC2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom