Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2022 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, you can change your votes as new games are added.

Upcoming games included in the poll:
(Let me know if any of the release dates need to be changed.)

1. Archaelund (4 Dimension Games)
Release Date: 2024
Realms of Arkania-style RPG from DavidBVal set in the world of Exiled Kingdoms.
Codex Thread
Steam

2. Archquest (Pseudodragon Studios)
Release Date: TBA
A Gold Box-inspired RPG from Codexer The Avatar based on the Pathfinder 2nd Edition ruleset.
Codex Thread
Steam

3. Baldur's Gate 3 (Larian Studios)
Release Date: August 2023
The long-awaited sequel to the famous D&D RPG series, from the most successful RPG developer of our time. But will it be a nostalgic game or something more modern?
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

4. Broken Roads (Drop Bear Bytes)
Release Date: 2023
An isometric RPG set in post-apocalyptic Australia. Who ever heard of such a thing? Infinity Engine-esque but turn-based, with an elaborate morality system.
Codex Thread
Steam

5. Call of Saregnar (Legendworks)
A faithfully retro Betrayal at Krondor homage by Rhuantavan.
Codex Thread
Patreon
Steam

6. Code of the Savage (Geoff Jones)
An impressive-looking oldschool RPG inspired by Ultima VI & VII and set in a gritty fantasy world.
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Kickstarter
Steam

7. Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Roleplaying Game (Iron Tower Studio)
Release Date: July 2023
Iron Tower Studio's next major title, a party-based RPG set onboard a generation ship in deep space.
Codex Forum
Steam
GOG

8. Cyber Knights: Flashpoint (Trese Brothers)
Release Date: Q1 2023
This cyberpunk tactical RPG is the Trese Brothers' fanciest game yet. They've come a long way from making mobile games.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam

9. Dark Envoy (Event Horizon)
Science fantasy RPG set in a world where magic battles against technology, from the creators of Tower of Time. Originally intended to be turn-based but now real-time like its predecessor.
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

10. Fallen Gods (Wormwood Studios)
Primordia designer Mark Yohalem's next game, an atmospheric roguelike-ish RPG where you play a Norse god trying to find his way back to Asgard.
Codex Thread
Steam

11. Jagged Alliance 3 (Haemimont Games)
There have been a bunch of Jagged Alliance games since 1999, but this installment from Bulgarian studio Haemimont Games is the first time anybody has had the balls to call one Jagged Alliance 3. Maybe it won't be shit?
Codex Thread
Steam

12. Monomyth (Rat Tower Software)
A first-person action-RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis and Ultima Underworld by RatTower. Will he single-handedly succeed where OtherSide failed?
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Steam
Kickstarter

13. Odd Gods (Inn Between Worlds)
A phase-based RPG inspired by 90s culture, by the Codex's own Grumpy Grognard.
Codex Thread

14. Project Haven (Code Three Fifty One)
Mercenary outfit turn-based tactical RPG set in a dystopian near-future city, with Valkyria-style manual aiming.
Codex Thread
Steam

15. Prometheus Wept (Timeslip Softworks)
Release Date: Early 2024
The next RPG from the creator of Vigilantes, set in a near future post-technology Earth.
Codex Thread
Steam
Kickstarter

16. SKALD: Against the Black Priory (High North Studios)
Another impressive-looking Ultima-inspired retro RPG, combining the aesthetic of Ultima IV & V with modern features and conveniences.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Indiegogo
Steam
GOG

17. Space Wreck (Pahris Entertainment)
Release Date: Q2 2023
Codexer Kamaz is developing a short Fallout-inspired isometric RPG where you have to scavenge for parts on a derelict spacecraft. Originally a free browser game, now being expanded with more content.
Codex Thread
Steam

18. Stellar Tactics (Maverick Games)
Sandbox space RPG by Arcanum producer Don Wilkins where you can travel in space and engage in isometric turn-based battles with your landing party. Stellar Tactics does it all!
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Kickstarter
Steam
GOG

19. The Jovian System (The Boar Studio)
Release Date: January 2nd, 2023
Followup to hard-sci RPG Titan Outpost from Codexer MF, set in the moon colonies of Jupiter. This time there's a turn-based combat system with zero-g mechanics.
Codex Forum
Steam

20. The Way of Wrath (Animmal)
Unique RPG by Hellwalker set in a fantasy Neolithic/early Bronze Age. Hold the fort against the enemy tribes who have conquered your land.
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG
Kickstarter

21. Underrail: Infusion (Stygian Software)
Standalone expansion for Codex cult RPG Underrail, set in a new area of the world and featuring a different player character. Hopefully it comes out before 2025.
Codex Forum

22. Urban Strife (White Pond Games)
A turn-based zombie survival RPG that aims to succeed where Dead State failed. Looks really solid.
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Steam

23. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (Paradox Interactive)
Paradox's sequel to Bloodlines, originally from Hardsuit Labs with Brian Mitsoda as lead narrative designer, now in a vaporware state. Could anything good possibly come out of this?
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

24. Warhammer 40,0000: Rogue Trader (Owlcat Games)
A Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games based on the Rogue Trader tabletop game. As a privateer, colonize the Koronus Expanse with your band of misfits and xenos for the God Emperor! Basically Kingmaker in space.
Codex Thread
Preorder

25. Zodiac Legion (Studio Draconis)
Release Date: Early 2024
Fantasy XCOM from Codexer Galdred where you lead an order of arcane knights against an undead invasion.
Codex Thread
Steam

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This isn't meant to be a list of games coming out in 2022. It's just a poll of which upcoming games Codexers are interested in this year, with some information about each one.

Codex Year of the Donut
Infinitron is this meant to just be a list of upcoming games or list of upcoming games you consider to be "incline"?

I'd say this list is a mix between games the Codex community seems particularly interested in along with a few I personally find notable.
Some suggestions if you were looking for more games to add:

Avowed
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms
Exoplanet: First Contact
Space Cats Tactics
Black Geyser
STAR FIELD

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Infinitron is this meant to just be a list of upcoming games or list of upcoming games you consider to be "incline"?

I'd say this list is a mix between games the Codex community seems particularly interested in along with a few I personally find notable.
Some suggestions if you were looking for more games to add:

Avowed
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms
Exoplanet: First Contact
Space Cats Tactics
Black Geyser
STAR FIELD

Oh yeah, I'm totally adding Black Geyser. BTW I might reset the votes a few times before the end of the day so you might want to wait a bit with your votes.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
After playing ATOM and ATOM:Trudograd, can't wait for next Atomboy game to be announced! Hopefully it will leave post-apocalyptic setting behind and go somewhere else. Maybe fantasy

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Vote ELEX II! Do it for this little shit.

Screenshot-2022-01-03-202337.jpg

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've got the usual suspects (Colony Ship, Elex II, etc.), but having quite enjoyed Phoenix Point I'm also particularly intrigued by Project Haven, which promises to have a similar mix of manual aiming and tactical gameplay.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Just went through Lists of Incline from 2016-2021, for some much needed retrospective context. Remember Copper Dreams, Realms Beyond, Stygian: Reign of Old Ones, Barkley 2, Seven Dragon Saga, Mandate, Underworld Ascendant? These and bunch more vaporwares, abandonwares and disappointments were once on List of Incline. Also quite a few ok, good, and fucking great RPGs. Keep that in mind, majority of these games will never release or will be complete disappointments. Fallen Gods is on every List of Incline since 2016, for example. Still, no release date on horizon. List is also BIGGER! than ever, number of RPG Codex certified game devs is bigger then ever, so probably number of Good RPGs will also be bigger then ever. In conclusion: things ain't really that bad

agris

Arcane
Patron
RPG only? You’ve got some squad tactics in there too..

just in case:

Xenonauts 2
Ostranauts
Fallen Gods
that 1-bit horror game, the name of which is escaping me..

edit: bloodlines swan song is by The Council devs, right? Should add that too

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Colony Ship
KotC 2
Space Wreck
Underrail Infusion
Urban Strife

The best stuff on that list

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom