Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2023 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, you can change your votes as new games are added.

Upcoming games included in the poll:
(Let me know if any of the release dates need to be changed.)

1. Archaelund (4 Dimension Games)
Release Date: Q2 2026
Realms of Arkania-style RPG from DavidBVal set in the world of Exiled Kingdoms.
Codex Thread
Steam

2. Archquest (Pseudodragon Studios)
Release Date: TBA
A Gold Box-inspired RPG from Codexer The Avatar based on the Pathfinder 2nd Edition ruleset.
Codex Thread
Steam

3. Broken Roads (Drop Bear Bytes)
Release Date: Q1 2024
An isometric RPG set in post-apocalyptic Australia. Who ever heard of such a thing? Infinity Engine-esque but turn-based, with an elaborate morality system.
Codex Thread
Steam

4. Call of Saregnar (Legendworks)
A faithfully retro Betrayal at Krondor homage by Rhuantavan.
Codex Thread
Patreon
Steam

5. Code of the Savage (Geoff Jones)
An impressive-looking oldschool RPG inspired by Ultima VI & VII and set in a gritty fantasy world.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam

6. Cyber Knights: Flashpoint (Trese Brothers)
Release Date: Late 2024
This cyberpunk tactical RPG is the Trese Brothers' fanciest game yet. They've come a long way from making mobile games.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam

7. Fallen Gods (Wormwood Studios)
Release Date: 2024
Primordia designer Mark Yohalem's next game, an atmospheric roguelike-ish RPG where you play a Norse god trying to find his way back to Asgard.
Codex Thread
Steam

8. Hibernaculum (Wormdwood Studios)
Release Date: October 2025
Survival horror dungeon crawler set aboard a derelict generation ship. Featuring grisly artwork by Wormwood Studios lead artist Victor Pflug.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter

9. Kingsvein (Rad Codex)
Release Date: January 16th, 2024
The next tactical RPG from Eldiran of Rad Codex set in the infested castle-city of Kingsvein. A return to the Metroidvania-like world design of Voidspire Tactics.
Codex Thread
Steam

10. MENACE (Overhype Studios)
Sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG set in a remote star system from the creators of Battle Brothers.
Codex Thread
Steam

11. Monomyth (Rat Tower Software)
A first-person action-RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis and Ultima Underworld by RatTower. Will he single-handedly succeed where OtherSide failed?
Codex Thread
Steam
Kickstarter

12. Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo
Suddenly, there's another Wizardry 7-inspired blobber 30 years in the making. Don't worry, Cleve Blakemore approves.
Codex Thread
Steam

13. Project Haven (Code Three Fifty One)
Mercenary outfit turn-based tactical RPG set in a dystopian near-future city, with Valkyria-style manual aiming.
Codex Thread
Steam

14. Prometheus Wept (Timeslip Softworks)
The next RPG from the creator of Vigilantes, set in a near future post-technology Earth.
Codex Thread
Steam
Kickstarter

15. SKALD: Against the Black Priory (High North Studios)
Release Date: Q2 2024
Another impressive-looking Ultima-inspired retro RPG, combining the aesthetic of Ultima IV & V with modern features and conveniences.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Indiegogo
Steam
GOG

16. Stellar Tactics (Maverick Games)
Sandbox space RPG by Arcanum producer Don Wilkins where you can travel in space and engage in isometric turn-based battles with your landing party. Stellar Tactics does it all!
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam
GOG

17. Swords and Sorcery - Sovereign (OlderBytes)
Long-awaited followup to the Might & Magic-inspired indie RPG Swords and Sorcery - Underworld from Charles Clerc.
Codex Thread
Steam

18. The Jovian System (The Boar Studio)
Followup to hard-sci RPG Titan Outpost from Codexer MF, set in the moon colonies of Jupiter. This time there's a turn-based combat system with zero-g mechanics.
Codex Forum
Steam

19. The Way of Wrath (Animmal)
Unique RPG by Hellwalker set in a fantasy Neolithic/early Bronze Age. Hold the fort against the enemy tribes who have conquered your land.
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG
Kickstarter

20. Underrail: Infusion (Stygian Software)
Standalone expansion for Codex cult RPG Underrail, set in a new area of the world and featuring a different player character. Hopefully it comes out before 2025.
Codex Forum

21. Urban Strife (White Pond Games)
A turn-based zombie survival RPG that aims to succeed where Dead State failed. Looks really solid.
Codex Thread
Steam

22. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (The Chinese Room)
Release Date: Q4 2024
Paradox's sequel to Bloodlines, originally from Hardsuit Labs with Brian Mitsoda as lead narrative designer, now in development at Dear Esther developer The Chinese Room. Could anything good possibly come out of this?
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

23. Zodiac Legion (Studio Draconis)
Release Date: Q1 2025
Fantasy XCOM from Codexer Galdred where you lead an order of arcane knights against an undead invasion.
Codex Thread
Steam

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Added Legends of Amberland 2 to the poll for this year. Tell me if there are any games you think should be added.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Tell me if there are any games you think should be added.
yoixb4.png

Releasing sometime in 2023, which will allow Todd Howard to regain the hearts and minds of the Codex just as Brian Fargo did in 2020 with Wasteland 3.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Fargo redoing Bard's Tale 1-3 had me more than wasteland 2-3 did. I'm still upset he didn't pump extra features in there like BTCS, all classic art from all version, old music from all version to unlock and play with. Ah well.

Will any of the above titles go into the zombieware graveyard?

Antigoon

Augur
Added Legends of Amberland 2 to the poll for this year. Tell me if there are any games you think should be added.
GreedFall 2 (TBA)
Crown Wars: The Black Prince (TBA)
Dungeons of the Amber Griffin (2023)

notpl

Arbiter
GreedFall 2 (TBA)
Crown Wars: The Black Prince (TBA)
Dungeons of the Amber Griffin (2023)

Good lord, this looks terrible. Like someone decided to make an entire game about level 1 pillardancing from a roguelike.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Surprised Code of the Savage doesn't get more love.
Same. Absolutely terrible games get tons of attention on this forum but something that has a ton of potential like Code of the Savage has been completely overlooked. Just look at the fucking retards in this thread mewling about Starfield if you need proof.
Good lord, this looks terrible. Like someone decided to make an entire game about level 1 pillardancing from a roguelike.
This was the entirety of Legend of Grimrock, and people claim that is a good game too.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Surprised Code of the Savage doesn't get more love.
Same. Absolutely terrible games get tons of attention on this forum but something that has a ton of potential like Code of the Savage has been completely overlooked. Just look at the fucking retards in this thread mewling about Starfield if you need proof.
people are busy playing tibia instead

notpl

Arbiter
3. Baldur's Gate 3 (Larian Studios)
11. Jagged Alliance 3 (Haemimont Games)
Swen bringing Incline to the masses, and a patriotic Bulgarian effort get my votes.

Tell me if there are any games you think should be added.
Call me optimistic, but I feel like this comes out for Christmas

And maybe

Stoneshard devs already made their money, why would they keep working for free now that they're rich?

Nas92

Augur
I'm only really interested in the Rogue Trader RPG. I've been waiting for a long time for an RPG of the sort in the 40k universe.
I'm also looking forward to BG3 finally properly coming out, despite it being a typical Larian turn-based experience and only slightly related to the original BG games.

Also, I have to concur with others that you should add Starfield. Bethpizda hiking simulator shit or not, it's still one of the bigger releases this year and has the potential to be good. And anyhow, half this forum routinely jerks off to The Witcher 3 as yuge incline, so there isn't any reason not to include Starfield really.

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
Bethesda has basically been the pioneer of decline in RPGs. There is a separate thread for all roleplaying games (or games that claim to be such) coming out in general, this thread is for games that specifically offer the potential to develope the genre in interesting ways or at the very least come close to the bar set by older classics.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Bethesda has basically been the pioneer of decline in RPGs. There is a separate thread for all roleplaying games (or games that claim to be such) coming out in general, this thread is for games that specifically offer the potential to develope the genre in interesting ways or at the very least come close to the bar set by older classics.
Oblivion :rpgcodex:

Oblivion with Guns :popamole:

Oblivion with Guns and Skill-Checks :greatjob:

Oblivion 2 :majordecline:

Oblivion 2 with Guns :fight:

Oblivion 2 with Guns and Skill-Checks :happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom