Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline The Lord of the Rings Online (26 quest packs and 6 expansions for $7.99 until November 30th 2021)

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Alexander DeLarge, May 29, 2020.

1. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    Sykar
    Lag sometimes but otherwise ok on US server, I'm not from US, some other players complain, game is free for you to test.
    A few seconds of loading when moving into area with many other players otherwise smooth gameplay, game has new 64bit client a couple of years ago which helped, I'm running an old PC.

The filler quests are terrible, even the non filler ones have lots of messenger-boy and back & forth travelling.
    World is huge, beautiful and interesting. Lots of LOTR memes eventhough it is not based on movie. Gives a lot of gameplay but it also takes a lot of time.
    Combat is skill cooldown rotation based, can solo, some instances require group with tank/DPS/heal/support. It's slightly good, I don't play this for the combat.
    Developers keep wanting your $$$.
    Community is mostly good, lots of old players.
    If this isn't LOTR, I will find something else. Check out my LP on unexplored: The Mithril Run in my sig.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Multi-headed Cow Magister

Multi-headed Cow
    Bummer, that would make it a bit trickier. Could get a pair of dorks to 20, then go VIP, then create all 3 remaining characters so the other 2 are gaining rest XP boost while I'm leveling one to horseriding just to speed things up a little. Probably not much of a concern since I'd have a month to do it but it would be busier than my current method of play which is slow as shit, I think I'm around 10 hours played on my dude and not yet 20. I am reading all the quests and sightseeing however.

^ Top  
  3. LarryTyphoid Learned

LarryTyphoid
    If you like games based on Tolkien, check out Sil, a free roguelike which is around 5 or 6 years old now. I like it because it has a pretty strong emphasis on stealth, because enemies get really dangerous later on and you get XP merely by encountering them, rather than only for killing them. You can forge your own amulets and rings with different pros and cons. One of the cons is that your artifact will constantly spawn ringwraiths on your floor. Magic is contextualized by the PC singing different songs, with different flavor text for each - for instance, the song of stealth is whispered, which is a great touch.

^ Top  
  4. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    My VIP ended and I can't increase my crafting guild reputation levels & I'm back to normal crafting speed. :(
    Oh well time to test out Dungeon & Dragons Online free coupons.

Moria is visually impressive.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    ^ Top  
  5. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    https://lotro.com/en/blackfriday2021

I'm missing both expansion, dunno if I should get or wait for a possible LOTRO store sale later so I can use LPs instead of $.
    Minas Morgul in market also includes Stoutaxe race and char slot. Hmm.
    DDO also has huge expansion sale too. Hmm.
    btw double bonus points for LOTRO is rarer than DDO.
    Hmm.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    installing it just to claim free shit. glad to see it's same long and retarded process as ddo installing...

^ Top  
  7. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    https://www.thegamer.com/lord-of-the-rings-online-major-revamp-amazons-lotr-series/

• Old Old x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LarryTyphoid Learned

LarryTyphoid
    ERP incoming!

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.