Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Stumbled upon this on Pundit's forum. It's apparently the second oldest megadungeon to have been created for 0e, by Greg Svenson. Now it's on Kickstarter for a print run.

I'll admit I'm unfamiliar with this bit of history, so I'll leave it to any grognards here knowledgeable enough to talk more about it.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm not that concerned about the dandino conversion, tbh, which seems to be more of an afterthought in this case. I'm more intrigued by the design of the megadungeon in accordance with sensibilities of OD&D, and likely will mine it (and the accompanying OSR rules) for ideas.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Initially read Tonisborg as Tanisburg
DD%20DL5%20Tanis.png
DD%20DL5%20Cover.png

Anyway, this appears to be the "Twin Cities group’s second-oldest Mega Dungeon", created in the summer of 1973, which would make it third-oldest after Gygax's Castle Greyhawk and Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Dungeons, rather than the "2nd oldest RPG dungeon ever created". No telling about its quality beforehand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom