Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The mandrake plan

Humanophage

Arcane
We need 39 mandrake to start cultivating it. That would save us a total of 400 Gold.

Outdated info:

Humanophage: 13 m.
Malakal: 8 m.
Scrod: 7 m.
Shannow: 9 m.
-
Total: 37 mandrake (2 to go!)

Once we gather enough, I propose that Malakal, Scrod, Shannow and the other person (Zanth, I suppose) would sell their mandrake to me via market (I've created a demand shop there).

I shall start cultivating mandrake on the local swamps. Once I get a second bunch, I'll send it to Scrod, who has a lot of swamps in his locale.

Here's our mandrake growing:
Mandrake.gif

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have 8 not 6, rechecked. So we are only 2 short. OTOH I dont have a market yet.

Humanophage

Arcane
Malakal, since you're in close proximity to me, you can just pass it in person. I'll send a hero.

Humanophage

Arcane
Perhaps you could meet Scrod and pass him the mandrake, so that he could send it to me through the market.

Katana_LOL

Educated
That i can do, im on my way north to make another town when i have the money for more settlers ill get him to meet me there

Humanophage

Arcane
Well, it's better to build it either way, since there are good deals there occasionally. However, I could just send a dirigible instead to get the resources.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Is there any way to send goods from one town to the next? It's kind of a pain to use heroes for that and trade works between players, so why shouldn't it between your own cities?

Humanophage

Arcane
Berekän said:
lvl 24? :/
Yep. That's only possible in a metropolis. However, there's plenty of transport such as zeppelins or carts that are intended to transport resources. Here's what the encyclopaedia says:
24th level - the owner of the city can send caravans to this city from any other of his settlements and from units based in any other cities. Works same as item transfer.
I suppose it's possible to buy an item from your own shop in a different city, which would effectively work like this. The caravan thing is probably for raiding.

Humanophage

Arcane
Thank you, Katana, I've got enough roots. Thanks everyone for the contributions as well. Planted them tonight. They'll be ripe for gathering in 5 days (+13 mandrake).

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
First crop in the ground.

I have 10 swamps around my capitol city, do you want me to replant each time I have 39, or to keep sending crops out? I managed to get a spreadsheet together (my inner mathgeek is retarded, it took me far too long to work it out) for Planted plots, harvest and stored mandrake.

clicky

Exponential growth is a scary prospect given time and resources, now, to make more swamps, ohai queensland.

Edit: Forgot to close tags, derp

Humanophage

Arcane
Keep the harvest for yourself, Scrod, it's your own personal mandrake.

Indeed, looking at the table, at some point we'll probably run out of swamps to plant it conveniently and it will become too much of a chore.

Judging by the map, each of us will be able to cultivate about 3-8 plots of mandrake. Some of the regions are rather arid, it seems, like the tip of the southernmost peninsula on 18.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Havoc said:
How do I plant mandrakes? Just put in on the ground?

Hero without units or a Zeppelin, move into the Swamp tile. In the Pass tab, select 13 Mandrake and the option 'Put on the ground (1 AP)' do it two more times so you have place 39 in total. Move off the tile and wait 5 days, they will look like fat little flowers when ready to harvest (the day before, they look like wimpy little weeds)

To harvest, send in a hero with units on him (1 Dragoon makes for a good high move unit to do this with) or a Cart/Wagon to trample/harvest the mandrake, then pick it up off the ground (hero can only carry 39, if you waited for the right day, you will have 52) and then have the zeppelin/hero without units replant the 39 (13 x 3) and keep the remainder for future plantings (handily, you will have 13 left over)

On your third harvest, you will be able to plant a second field, the growth is slow to begin, but exponential.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Recruiting mages and manufactoring magic scrolls mostly. It's also needed for some machinery.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Pika-Cthulhu said:
Havoc said:
How do I plant mandrakes? Just put in on the ground?

Hero without units or a Zeppelin, move into the Swamp tile. In the Pass tab, select 13 Mandrake and the option 'Put on the ground (1 AP)' do it two more times so you have place 39 in total. Move off the tile and wait 5 days, they will look like fat little flowers when ready to harvest (the day before, they look like wimpy little weeds)

I'm curious as to why don't you just place the 39 in a single action

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom