Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The McCarthy Chronicles

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
BROS, I've stumbled upon this game. It is very short and easy, but good. All you fans of Shivah, Blackwell Legacy, etc, try this out. Is it an AGS game as well and has style.

And it's free.

review http://adventuregamers.com/article/id,1196
download http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?action=detail&id=1243

13045.jpg

13053.jpg

13042.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Those three screenshots tell a short and hilarious story.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
asper said:
It is very short and easy, but good.

Yeah, it was fun overall, but the fact that I finished it in an hour kinda sucked. And goddamn, was the main character's voice annoying. And goddamn at the plethora of stupid spelling mistakes (POSSESSIVE FORM OF 'IT' IS 'ITS' NOT 'IT'S', FFS).

But otherwise, it was fun.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Darth Roxor said:
And goddamn at the plethora of stupid spelling mistakes (POSSESSIVE FORM OF 'IT' IS 'ITS' NOT 'IT'S', FFS).

Why the fuck is this so hard? Heck, my English is by no means perfect, but I always facepalm at such glaringly obvious mistakes.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO CORRECTLY USE "it's" AND "its", ALSO "they're", "their" AND "there" FFS

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
JarlFrank said:
Darth Roxor said:
And goddamn at the plethora of stupid spelling mistakes (POSSESSIVE FORM OF 'IT' IS 'ITS' NOT 'IT'S', FFS).

Why the fuck is this so hard? Heck, my English is by no means perfect, but I always facepalm at such glaringly obvious mistakes.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO CORRECTLY USE "it's" AND "its", ALSO "they're", "their" AND "there" FFS

When I type, I type fast, and I don't always spell-check - especially on web forums. So when I think "their" my brain will find "they're" and that's what I'll type.

It's a fairly common mistake, and not because whoever's writing are spelling-idiots.

However, in a fucking game, you could have made a simple spell-check to get rid of all the errors.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Should I start an episodic LP thread that will go dormant for months while waiting for next parts of the game, y/n?

Grunker said:
When I type, I type fast, and I don't always spell-check - especially on web forums. So when I think "their" my brain will find "they're" and that's what I'll type.

But it's clearly not even the matter of 'fast typing'. I don't believe I've seen a single proper use of 'its' in this game, and it pops up pretty often, I think.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
Should I start an episodic LP thread that will go dormant for months while waiting for next parts of the game, y/n?

Y... N... I don't know, what do you feel like?

Darth Roxor said:
Grunker said:

But it's clearly not even the matter of 'fast typing'. I don't believe I've seen a single proper use of 'its' in this game, and it pops up pretty often, I think.

Yeah, my comment was more on JL's general statement about mistaking it's and its.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Darth Roxor said:

Grunker said:

Yep, do it.

FaChoi

Educated
I was playing it after being inspired to by your LP. then the fuggin thing goes and ends on me. So i come back to read your take on it and...and 'on hold' ONHOLD! :x with no episode 2 in sight.

I blame Calin Leafshade, lazy bam probably wasting time on the VO.

We cool bro? :bro:

FaChoi

Educated
^ :cry:

Seems like Calin is going to finish this game off in a single episode.

calin leafshade said:
I know I said it was going to be a trilogy but it seems like a 2 parter for this chronicle seems more suitable.

Features:
-An innovative new dialog system!
-More graphical effects than you can shake a stick at including:
Real time rain effects with depth of field and motion blur,
Magical particle effects!
Possibly some reflections on something..
-Updated graphics
-Less shitty writing, I promise.

Projected release date: May 2011 I hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom