Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The most fearsome, frightening monster in any RPG is...

Semiurge

Cipher
RxoSW8f.png

Scavenger bot from Sword of the Stars: The Pit. Fucker could steal a random item from your inventory and run away with it. In a roguelike game, with very high randomness when it comes to drops. Even more scary is a bot that has a special ability to summon several of those. Basically if you saw one accompanied by a Very Dangerous Monster(tm) - you still targeted the bot first. That is what I call truly fearsome.

2sg9dsu.png

Fuckers always sneak behind you and run when you turn toward them :argh:

But they can't outrun guided missiles :positive:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
RxoSW8f.png

Scavenger bot from Sword of the Stars: The Pit. Fucker could steal a random item from your inventory and run away with it. In a roguelike game, with very high randomness when it comes to drops. Even more scary is a bot that has a special ability to summon several of those. Basically if you saw one accompanied by a Very Dangerous Monster(tm) - you still targeted the bot first. That is what I call truly fearsome.
Maintenance masters and their "spawn bunch of these bots just behind player's back" -mechanic is complete bullshit.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
RxoSW8f.png

Maintenance masters and their "spawn bunch of these bots just behind player's back" -mechanic is complete bullshit.
Might be, but the thread is about "fearsome" not "most bullshit" creatures and they were fearsome in my opinion, regardless of whether the mechanic was good or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom