Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The multiverse beckons you riftwalker. How will you answer its call?

Hellraiser

Arcane
2.6 At the crossroads once again

“Come in Heracles,” Ajax welcomes you in his office,“ a lot has happened since you were here the last time. It is a pity Fuschs can’t be here with us, still he did what he had to save his team.” You already heard the news during the trial, Fuchs and his team uncovered what most likely was an underground military base. Unfortunately the defense systems were still active, Fuchs got killed while luring security drones away from his team thus buying them time to escape.

“Still, we have sent a squad of totenkopfs there to protect our personnel. It is a about time to see how the fruit of Project Prometheus fares in a combat situation.” Chills run through your body as you hear that name, the average totenkopf soldier can hardly be called human. Their eyes are replaced by cybernetic implants. A neural interface port is grafted into the back of their necks. It links their brains directly into their armored suit’s systems. Rumors say that they are also subjected to an extensive genetic and pharmaceutical treatment, one which makes them fully loyal and merciless.

“Now about what has happened at Der Riese,” Maximilian continues after taking a sip of wine from his glass, “your security clearance has been upgraded to Kaiser level. After all you proved your loyalty and usefulness, not to mention you already were aware of some confidential facts. Even Himmler didn’t object, guess the fact that your testimony burdened Jürgen Weber and not Osterhagen must have helped.“ Yes, last you heard Jürgen was reassigned to a mechanic’s post in the neutrino detection array in New Swabia. You wonder if he enjoys the company of penguins and of physicists making jokes about muons.

“So I can now tell more about our superhuman interlopers. We call them Lemurians, but the name is just an educated guess based on the fact they use some form of Indus script. Himmler found the name *appropriate* for some reason. They’re definitely an advanced civilization originating from the Indian sub-continent in some parallel. Outside of the fact they seem to use organic machines, even when better conventional designs are available, we know little about their agenda.” Is that all he knows? They could have given you that security clearance earlier if that is all.

“Now, about the pyramid-ship you saw. It confirmed a hypothesis we had, that the Lemurians are at war with another trans-parallel superpower. You remember the interference that trapped you for over 5 years? We believe the Lemurians, or their enemies, set up a rift-inhibitor. It blocks all but specific types of rifts from forming within a certain radius around the earth, in a few parallels around the one it is based in. My guess is the Lemurians and their enemies use them to limit the other side’s ability to deploy their ships or agents.”

He turns on a holographic projector, the image shows a map of the nearest parallels. ω-32, the Reich homeparallel „officially” uncharted by Atlantis is at the center. The image quickly zooms in on the location of your former “prison parallel”. Ajax starts explaining what has happened as animated effects are displayed over the image of the map .“Now, the reason why you were able to get out, was because Atlantis secretly built a countermeasure and deployed it in δγ-1. It took it a few weeks to reach full power and weaken the interference trapping you in αδ-37. The data from your RGM helped us pinpoint the location of the Atlantean device.”

Well, at least that does explain a few things. Knowing Ajax however, he is telling you this because he needs you for something. “You have proven to be a skilled agent Heracles. Therefore I am giving you a choice, there is after all more than one way in which you can be of use to me and the Ahnenerbe.” – he adds.

“Sadly, the Ahnenerbe does not know *how* to build a countermeasure like the Atlantean one. Our infiltrators are observing and working on identifying what or who do they need to procure, in order to build one of our own. We’re researching one ourselves, but all our research AIs are busy with other projects. The newest Wurmmeister mainframe won’t be ready for at least 13 months. Even after it is operational, we will still need *human* scientists to make sure it didn’t give us false information on purpose. You will assist the team in δγ-1 with your engineering expertise allowing us to acquire the technology sooner than that, if possible.”

“There is also the matter of acquiring advanced technology from other parallels. Our agents in γω-6 have found something of use there. However, the local authorities are aware of rifts and can detect them. In order to successfully avoid being imprisoned for spying you must pose as an Atlantean adventurer who decided to see why travel is prohibited to that parallel. You won’t be able to take any weapons with you. Fortunately however you won’t need them. The city you will find there… will not be what you expect. You will contact our agents there who will fill you in on the details.”

“We also have a small outpost in δβ-21, it is mostly used to monitor Lemurian and Atlantean activity. Occasionally they find a pioneer or lemurian spy transiting to nearby parallels. They kill or capture them and retrieve their devices. They did request for an engineer with Kaiser-level security clearance to be sent to them. They may have found something.”

“Finally, there is the issue of αδ-38. We have teams investigating why the Lemurians used biological weapons there. From what you told us, we know they have outposts there. You can help them look for the outposts in question and retrieve any tech you find. Don’t worry, they are armed sufficiently enough to handle both the sentinels, chimeras as you called them, and the Lemurians.”

Back at your new apartment, not far from the Thule AG building in Neu Port, you browse private messages sent to you via the encrypted Ahnenerbe part of the Weltnetz. You read the one marked as high priority. “One more thing, if you wish I can assign a junior Ahnenerbe engineer under you. You will find a list of names, along with some facts about the people behind them, attached to this message. - Maximilian Ajax.”

Konrad Bosch, mechanical engineer, during his teen years he was an active and ambitious member of the hitlerjugend. He even received an award from Schirach himself for “unquestionable loyalty to the Aryan race” and “excellent performance under extreme circumstances”.

Siegfried Glockner, software engineer, expelled from his university for hacking into its grade database in order to get a higher GPA and a scholarship. Recruited by the Ahnenerbe shortly afterwards.

Paul Roth, biotechnology and genetic engineering prodigy. Won a prestigious internship at the bio-tech branch of Thule AG. Impressed by his performance, Ajax assigned him to minor work related to project Prometheus and recruited him into the Ahnenerbe.

There are also three more messages, one is from Osterhagen. “I was willing to accept the consequences, your involvement was surprising. Meet me in room 203 at the Hindenburg hotel and we will discuss a few things.” – he wrote.

Another one is from Gustav, the technician from Der Riese. “Got time for a beer? They gave me a week off duty and I am already sick of the company of my wife. Konrad and Edmund will be there as well, no chess only beer remember!”.

The last one is from Jürgen. “I saved your sorry ass back there and this is how you repay me? Hopefully we will need another engineer in New Swabia someday. I’ll recommend you for the position, the penguins will enjoy your company arschloch!”

You do have some time left before you need to leave this parallel after all. Might as well do something with it.

You will travel to…
A)…δγ-1. Find the team and steal some top secret Atlantean tech. How hard can it be?
B)…γω-6. No weapons needed? Could be very safe or extremely risky, but smuggling is your second nature after all.
C)…δβ-21. They need an engineer, it should be worth investigating. Better you go than have another Jürgen sent to screw up.
D)…αδ-38. You plus a few well-armed soldiers against an army of Sentinel Chimeras and the odd Lemurian? Better odds then the last time you were there.

Before you leave you will…
1)…meet up with Osterhagen at the hotel.
2)…go for a beer with your old chess rivals.
3)…browse the Ahnenerbe weltnetz database and see what else kaiser-level security clearance allows you to know.

Regarding the junior engineers…
V)…pick nobody. You work better alone.
X)…pick Bosch to assist you. A former nazi boyscout may be useful.
Y)…pick Glockner to assist you. Let’s see how he hacks into things other than university systems.
Z)…pick Roth to assist you. Gods know there are plenty of genetic freak shows you know nothing about roaming around the multiverse.

Consult the parallel list and map here for details if you need them.

All transits, except for the one to δβ-21, will be double transits consuming all of your RGM’s fuel.

Vote now.

Yes, Jürgen would be a valid pick if he wasn’t neck deep in penguins. Did I mention he’s a skilled driver and a pilot? :troll:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
C) - Much as the agrarian, machine-hating fundamentalists of δγ-1 sound charming, it would probably make more sense to focus on our previous career choice, i.e. engineering.

1) - Might as well see what he wants, it could be something beneficial.

X) - Bosch seems like quite a trooper (unless Schirach simply gave him good grades for "special favours"), and another level-headed mechanic would be ideal for the mission.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Lemurians are all Wyrmlords?:eek:
C)…δβ-21. They need an engineer, it should be worth investigating. Better you go then have another Jurgen sent to screw up.
All the other options look like a trap to me.
1)…meet up with Osterhagen at the hotel.
Better cultivate relations with Himmler's protégées.
Z)…pick Roth to assist you. Gods know there are plenty of genetic freak shows you know nothing about roaming around the multiverse.

Edit:
I advise against X, unless we want to side with the Reich having a fanatic with us could spell trouble and limit our choices.

Hellraiser

Arcane
No, Lemurians are all GENETICALLY ENGINEERED UBERMENSCH WYRMLORDS. Although technically they might not be wyrmlords since India is an ethnically diverse sub-continent. Yes I actually did pick which ethnic group they're from. Still, while they did originate from India they eventually subjugated the rest of their homeparallel so they don't all look like chocolate jews. Especially with the genetic engineering they do, ethnicity is irrelevant to them at this point.

Then again, Wymrlord is an AI after all so they may not be Wyrmlords since they are mostly human :smug:

Monty

Arcane
Lots of thought provoking choices.

B3Z for me.

γω-6 sounds too interesting to pass up. Chatting to Osterhagen does appeal, but if we're ever to regain our independence we need to put our higher security clearance to good use and find out a bit more about the Reich. All the engineers probably have their uses but as we're already a mechanical engineer it makes sense to add some additional skills to ours. In a toss up between Glockner and Roth I think Roth just shades it given all the biotech and genetic engineering we've been encountering.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
A)…δγ-1. Find the team and steal some top secret Atlantean tech. How hard can it be?
- stealing is what life is for
3)…browse the Ahnenerbe weltznetz database and see what else kaiser-level security clearance allows you to know.
- info is more important than dudes
X)…pick Bosch to assist you. A former nazi boyscout may be useful.
- fanatics are great tools

Hellraiser

Arcane
The tally so far:

A):1 B):3 C):3
1):4 3):3
X):2 Z):5

One tie and a 1 vote advantage for meeting Osterhagen. You still have about 24 hours left to vote or flip-flop. If there is a tie, the choice which got its last vote earlier wins.

Nobody wants to visit chimera city again? :troll:

Hellraiser

Arcane
C1Z wins. Expect the update to be posted by Friday.

BTW if you chose to go extreme renegade on Osterhagen during the isocahedron of doom choice the trial would be about Heracles killing Osterhagen. The guy wouldn't take no for an answer. If you wouldn't have had that new laspistol, the consequences would be fatal. Himmler would be very pissed off anyway which would make defending hard, if you survived.

If Heracles had quantumtronics knowledge he could persuade him not to activate the device.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the Lemurians bombed site B with their aircraft and kind of set the remaining buildings there on fire. Only the few data storage device Heracles took with himself survived. But more on that later.

Hellraiser

Arcane
2.7 What lurks in the shadows…

The Hindenburg hotel, a tall tower of glass, steel and concrete housing both tourists and Reich officials visiting Neu Port. It looks rather generic on the inside, as far as hotels are concerned. However, security seems tight, you can also see Gestapo officers running around asking questions. The walls are riddled with bullet holes. They also bear the mark of laser weapons, long burnt trails stretch along the hall.

Eventually you arrive at room 203, Osterhagen greets you at the door. “Welcome, I was hoping you would come. Although with all the commotion happening downstairs, I thought you may have decided not to visit. Terrorists tried to kill somebody, they failed obviously but unfortunately some of them got away.”

Well, terrorists or not he did want to talk with you did he not? “But of course, we have much to discuss. You see, I owe my position within the Ahnenerbe to Himmler. That fact is not some kind of secret, almost anybody who can access my files knows that. Himmler… was not pleased when he heard of the incident at site B.

Nobody would be, the base could have been discovered by Lemurians after all. “True, but he had another reason to be displeased. You see, while Ajax has always been responsible for the research done by the Ahnenerbe, Himmler had the final say on things and the Führer listened to him. Now, after a few decades of serving his interest and thus that of the Reich, the balance is shifting.”

Shifting he says? “Ajax has been recruiting more and more people into the Ahnenerbe, mostly scientists but also covert operatives. The Führer allows him to use more *initiative* in how he operates. In the past, Himmler had to approve of everything going on in the Ahnenerbe. Now he is losing control. Ajax can do what he wants, he has Hitler’s approval and doesn’t need to reveal his activities to Himmler. I am the only person Himmler has inside of Der Riese.”

What does all of this have to do with you? “Himmler is grateful for your involvement, although he doesn’t trust you *yet*. However, if you could get into one of Ajax’s projects, one that Himmler knows nothing about, and provide me with details of its operation, his gratitude would be immense. Take that into consideration, it may prove very beneficial.”

A short dark-haired young man is waiting in front of Café Vichy. He anxiously keeps pacing around from lamppost to lamppost as if waiting for a world-shattering discovery to be announced. Judging by the description Ajax sent you, this must be Paul Roth.

“Um… Greetings Herr Kyriazis, it is a pleasure to meet you!” Roth exclaims as he nervously starts shaking your hand. “I have never met one of you, well outside of Ajax that is…” You interrupt him, reminding him that you are standing in a public place in front of a café. This is not the place to discuss business. “Of course sir! I apologize for my most shameful mistake.” - he replies obviously embarrassed by his act.

At your apartment, just before leaving for δβ-21, he keeps asking you a lot of questions. About Atlantis, Lemurians and other parallels. They range from important ones, to absolutely trivial details. Unfortunately, he keeps focusing on the inconsequential bits of trivia. He is boring you to say the least, this is going to be a lot harder than you thought it would be.

δβ-21, the multiverse’s equivalent of the middle of nowhere. Humans do live here, but they didn’t achieve much apparently. Reports claim that European civilization was pretty much wiped out by a plague centuries ago, possibly by a mutated strain of the black death. The result is a world still stuck at a pre-industrial level. Europe is drowned in anarchy, as warlords try to establish a new order in the ruins of medieval kingdoms. East Asia seems to be doing good, but it didn’t fill the void left behind by Europe. The Americas are still terra incognita to all but the native Americans. Steam engines are nowhere to be seen and literacy is low.

However, all of this makes this parallel the perfect place for a secret outpost. The listening post is hidden inside of a forest. It is more of an overgrown camp to be honest, a few habitable containers arranged in a more or less symmetric layout providing some defense in case of an attack. Hardly representative of the Reich’s military and scientific power.

Operative Lehmann, who met both you and Roth at the rendezvous point, invites you inside the central container. “As I have already told you,” the operative starts explaining, ”our main task is to monitor non-Reich rift activity and intercept whatever is its source. A week ago, we intercepted one such source. It was a group of about five people.” “Were they Lemurians?” - Roth interrupts. Lehmann is annoyed to say the least. You remind Paul that unless *you* or somebody else asks him to start talking, he should stay quiet.

After menacingly staring at your “apprentice” for a brief moment, Lehmann continues. “A firefight broke out, it was the middle of the night so visibility was bad. But it was nothing we weren’t prepared for. However, these people just started opening a rift and were out of there ten second later. Only one of them didn’t make it out in time before we shot him. We sent teams to nearby parallels to look for signs of the rest. They found nothing.” Definitely not CTPCT or the Atlantean Military Intelligence Bureau, they can’t make long transits that fast.

Were they Lemurians? “At first that’s what we thought. But our operatives took a closer look at the guy we shot. Here is what they found…” The agent walks towards a green crate, one normally used to store devices retrieved by the Ahnenerbe for transport. After pressing his hand against the gray ID pad surface and punching in a security code, the biometric lock recognizes him and opens the crate.

Inside the crate lies a partially burned torso with a head attached to it, your scanner tells you it is made out of various polymer nanocomposites. What is most gruesome however, is *what* some of these polymers were used to make. “Artificial skin,” Paul interrupts, ”it’s an android designed to look human. The facial facsimile, even as burned as it is, looks as human as possible. It even has wrinkles and slight asymmetries. It would fool most humans not equipped with a structural scanner. Look at the hair! I never heard of anyone making such life-like artificial hair in the Reich.”

“Enough to infiltrate an average industrialized parallel without them knowing better.” – Lehmann adds. So did they encounter automatons? “Possibly, the agents said the group had very good almost machine-like coordination. However, there was some blood at the site. So we may have shot a human there as well.” “Blood? Perhaps I could look into it?” Paul asks, as if excited by the prospect. “I doubt you will find anything there now, it was raining for the last three days. We got what we could out of that place, there is nothing useful left there.” – the operative coldly explains the futility of inspecting the site again.

Another operative enters the container. “Sir, did you tell them about the missing scout?” – he asks clearly worried about what might have happened to him. “These are engineers Herr Eichel, they’re here to make sure *this*”, Lehmann pauses and looks at the broken automaton in the crate with contempt, “makes it safely back to the homeparallel. Without suddenly activating, transmitting data back to god knows where it came from and killing everybody around of course.”

Still, you are a bit curious about that scout. “He was one of our scouts searching the nearby parallels, after the people who built that *thing* transited out. That scout drew the short straw, he was supposed to checkω-38.” An uncharted parallel? “Yes, we never sent a man there before. All the probes sent to it were lost and they never sent back any data after all.” It can’t be a coincidence. “Or it could be one. At any rate whatever *is* there, doesn’t want visitors.” – he adds.

Lehmann has told you that you can replenish your RGM’s fuel supply from their filtering station. You are free to leave, with the android body, whenever you want to.

You will…
A)…investigate the “battlefield”. Afterwards, you will pack up and take the automaton “corpse” with you back to the Reich.
B)…send Roth to investigate the “battlefield”. You yourself will study the automaton until he returns.
C)…send Roth to investigate the “battlefield”. You will try to activate the automaton, if it is possible.
D)…transit to ω-38. Odds are that you will find something there.
E)…transit back to the Reich. Ajax will no doubt want to see this automaton.

Vote now.

One thing, Roth doesn’t have a RGM. He relies completely on Heracles as far as getting anywhere in the multiverse is concerned. So anywhere you go he goes, unless you decide to leave him behind on purpose. However, unless it is mentioned that Roth will be left behind, assume that he goes with you.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
E), let's not waste time when dealing with the automaton menace, and Roth on his own will only get in trouble... I guess :)

Monty

Arcane
A

Might as well learn a bit more while we're here, and we'll have Roth with us in case we find anything worth analysing. Then we should get back to HQ, transiting directly to ω-38 without finding out exactly what we're up against seems rather suicidal.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A)…investigate the “battlefield”. Afterwards, you will pack up and take the automaton “corpse” with you back to the Reich.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
A) Maybe there's something left. Having the investiagtion done by both Heracles and Roth is the best option: at least one of them may notice something of interest, especially given that they have different fields of expertise.

Trying to reactivate the automaton there could be a BAD idea. Trying to activate it anywhere but in some remote underground bunker on New Schwabia could prove to be a BAD idea.

Cassidy

Arcane
D) also leave Roth behind.

I still suspect Heracles will be made into an unperson once he is deemed no longer useful. They are being way too open and trusting to someone they were just torturing to near death not so long ago and as Codexian as it is right now, I want this to be about a smuggler trying to make his livng independently and unaligned with any major faction, not about a Nazi boy scout.

Just wait until one more clearance is given, the old "now that he knows too much we have a pretext" method of getting rid of someone always work.

oscar

Arcane
Well his usual career has been disrupted by the fact there seems to be a four-way interdimensional war going on. And as the Nazis and Ajax are the only ones who don't seem to be wanting to blow our brains out we might as well stick with them.

No one seems interested in spying on Ajax for Himmler.

Hellraiser

Arcane
At the moment, it's more of a war between Lemurians and their enemy with a bunch of factions caught in the middle and lots of covert rather than overt activity going on. And even then, there isn't a whole lot of fighting going on in the immediate area from what you can tell. If it was, Ajax wouldn't say that the ship you saw confirmed what he was thinking. Then again considering he is your only source on whatever is happening around, he might be lying. Heracles has been out of the loop for over 5 years after all.

You're not stuck with the nazis, you just need to be smart about when and how to ditch the Ahnenerbe and the Führer's society of mutual admiration. If you want to that is.

I said too much at any rate, even if some of it seems obvious.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I'll bump this because it will make it easier for everyone if the update is on the next page. Yes it is done already, turned out outside factors prevented me from using the desktop and thus playing ToEE, and since I already did my work I could write it sooner.

Hellraiser

Arcane
2.8 On the trail of men and machines

Grass, nothing but kilometers of grass in front of you. At the very least the vehicle operative Eichel is driving, is relatively fast. Although one could question the logic of using a vehicle in a parallel that still believes that nothing is faster than a horse. “The nearest natives are on the coast 30 kilometers from here,” the driver explains, “the odds of being spotted are very low. Even then, what are the odds that anyone will believe them, let alone that they will tell what they saw to a non-Reich operative?” Rather low you guess.

“We detected their arrival nine days ago, the rift was bigger than that made by a standard personal RGM. We sent a team to investigate, it took them about a day to find where they set up camp.” The edge of yet another forest appears on the horizon as Eichel keeps talking. “It was hidden inside of that forest, there were a few tents made to look like native ones. The android was guarding them most likely, he was the only one outside when the team decided to attack.”

The former camp site is littered with the remains of tents. A tree fell on one of them, it was no doubt cut down by a stray laser pulse judging by the scorched marks on it. You and Roth start searching the area.

“This is a waste of time if you ask me,” the operative complains, “you should have looked for the missing scout instead.” You will be the judge of that, they may have missed something after all. And if they did you and Roth will find it. Although you may have just studied the automaton yourself, somehow you doubt Ajax will tell you what they learned about it. After all he keeps being rather vague and secretive about what all of your assignments are to involve.

“They were right, there are absolutely no suspicious organic traces of anything around here. The weather and microbes did their work it seems.” Organic traces? These weren’t Lemurians, there must be something artificial around that could help you identify the mysterious group.

Somewhere between the grass, you notice a piece of cloth. It is smaller than a fingernail, most of it looks burned. A piece of clothing cut off by a lasrifle perhaps? You scan it.

The cloth looks natural but it is not. The scan’s results indicate it is made out of synthetic textiles, sophisticated ones at that. It has the look of a natural one, but it is more durable and protects from the elements better you guess. The tents were made out of the same material your scans tell you.

You look around a bit more. Under the tent smashed by the tree you find a wooden box. It is a fine example of excellent craftsmanship. Carved out in its side are scenes from mythology. One of them in particular draws your attention. A multi-headed beast and two men fighting it, one of them holding a burning torch. Heracles, Iolalus and the Lernaean Hydra no doubt. There is nothing inside of the box, but you decide to inspect it more closely anyway.

It must have taken somebody weeks to make it. It looks fairly knew, definitely not like an ancient artifact. The paint’s colors are still very vibrant for one. There is a small and barely noticeable text written on its underside. “Occasa Ceasarea , MMDCCLXIII Anno Urbis Conditae.” You have no idea what that means, however it is safe to assume that this object must originate from a parallel visited by the unknown party. For one as far as you know, the remaining users of the Latin alphabet in this parallel, if there are any left that is, are too busy maiming each other with crude iron weapons to be interested in something as sophisticated as this. You take the box with you and head back.

The crate has been opened in the restricted basement area of the Thule AG tower. “An intriguing find to say the least.” – Ajax says as he gazes upon the human-like machine. “How did they make that hair? Truly a masterpiece in its own right.” For some reason, you do not share Maximilian’s fascination with the automaton. As much as they made it look human, it will always be a thing. A dangerous thing at that, one capable of betrayal and cold brutal actions.

“This will be very useful, I wonder if it is sentient or if it just has behavioral algorithms that make it seem alive. A miniaturized QMCP could prove useful if it uses one.” His musings are becoming even more disturbing with every sentence. Does he want to learn how to detect and “kill” its kind easily? Or does he want to make more of them, only branded with a microscopic Thule AG mark on their quantumtronic circuitry?

“I will send it to a suitably equipped lab. You on the other hand Mr. Kyriazis, are free to do as you wish. Your findings have been rather beneficial to the Ahenenerbe, you deserve a rest. However, if you want to of course, I would be glad if you would consider one of the other assignments I told you about a few days ago. Once the situation clarifies a bit, in two week maybe more, I may find another assignment for you. If you won’t be busy with something as important that is.”

Roth is out reading papers on artificial tissue manufacturing, he seems to be fascinated with the subject. His enthusiasm and curiosity reminds you a bit of yourself, back before Styx showed you the multiverse and for what the Atlantean government really stood for. He’s young after all, and once he experiences the multiverse for what it truly is, his naiveté will be a thing of the past you think.

You yourself have done some discreet digging of your own, only on the subject of the wooden box. “Western Ceasarea, 2763rd year from the founding of the city.” The city in this case, means Rome. The weltnetz Ahnenerbe database provided you with some clues as to its origin. There is one nearby parallel where Latin isn’t a dead language - βδ-6. Industrialized, although only fairly recently. The average slack-jawed savage there still thinks the steam engine is a most amazing and incredible device. Occasa Ceasarea on the other hand, is a city located more or less where Neu Port and its analogs are. Getting there won’t be hard.

You are still considering what to do next. There is no rush after all and Ajax did say you are free to do as you wish until he contacts you. This involves transiting to wherever in the multiverse you want to, as long as you report back in time that is.

You will…
A)…travel to δγ-1. Find the team and steal some top secret Atlantean tech. How hard can it be?
B)…travel to γω-6. No weapons needed? Could be very safe or extremely risky, but smuggling is your second nature after all.
C)… travel to αδ-38. You plus a few well-armed soldiers against an army of Sentinel Chimeras and the odd Lemurian? Better odds then the last time you were there.
D)…travel to βδ-6. Whoever the people who made that automaton were, they definitely visited that parallel.
E)…travel to ω-38. It is likely that the automaton’s “masters” went there after all.
F)…study as much of the Ahnenerbe weltnetz database as you can. You have two weeks and information is power.

On the subject of the wooden box, you…
1)…gave it to Ajax.
2)…gave it to Ajax, but told Osterhagen about it.
3)…gave it to Osterhagen. Didn’t say a word about it to Ajax.
4)…kept its existence secret. They do not need to know about it or that the mysterious faction was in βδ-6 at some point.

You told that the mysterious faction, uses a specific type of synthetic textiles made to look like natural ones for their disguises, to…
V)…nobody. It is best not to share this knowledge, for now.
X)…Ajax.
Y)…Osterhagen.
Z)…both of them.

Roth will…
I)…go with you wherever you will go. His assistance may be needed.
II)…stay at the Reich homeparallel until you return.

Vote now.

Consult the known information about the various nearby parallels post for details if needed.

Before you ask, you didn’t say anything about what you found to Roth. Obviously he knows you took the box, but you didn’t share any information regarding it with him.

I have no idea if that Latin is correct. If it is not, blame it on the language getting bastardized over 1500 years. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom