Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The multiverse beckons you riftwalker. How will you answer its call?

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Hellraiser, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    BRO. The fact that there is so much agreement in the choices so far is a little disconcerting - I dunno, it just seems a little weird that there has been a pretty strong consensus in the choices made so far.

^ Top  
  2. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Good opportunity for Hellraiser to trick everybody, lead us all into a dark alley and fuck us up.
    :troll:

^ Top  
  3. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    Not really, well maybe the last choice was a surprising landslide but only the direct route through the center. Not taking a vehicle or the tunnels made sense. The parallel choice wasn't as much of a choice since this is the one where the supplies are. In retrospective I should have picked one a double-transit away for the stash's location. Blakemore park was most likely chosen because the location did sound safe on paper and it was convenient, it's just that nobody expected it to have a reptile infestation problem. The helicopter assault choice as far as justifying the validity of that choice inside the update was concerned did sound like the most likely one to succeed, if the pilot was a civilian he wouldn't resist. Although I'm a bit surprised nobody mentioned that it is dark, the only source of light was the chopper's searchlight, and you were in a park not far from narrow back alleys and buildings. Not to mention how hard it would be to fire accurately using assault rifles from a moving chopper. Sure chimeras were a risk. My train of thought as to what the "safest" (read: less lethal) choice is not as obvious as I thought I guess. That or you are picking the fun choices on purpose knowing that you will run into shit :smug:

^ Top  
  4. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Well, he gambled on the fact that we don't know to pilot the thing and if we kill him, we'll kill ourselves in the following crash as well. What he didn't know was that instead of just kneecapping him to show we mean serious business, we went EXTREME and shot him in the head even though we had no idea how to fly the helicopter. The fact that we survived is nothing short of a small miracle.

There was no way we could have known that the guys in that chopper were a bunch of untrained retards with third-world-grade gear. Professionals use high-end night vision and targeting equipment. Take a look at this to see what I'm talking about:

As for the accuracy you can get while fireing from a moving helicopter (for example, check out 0:18-0:22) and how to secure yourself when doing helicopter operations:

^ Top  
  5. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    They were from a parallel where they have shitty training and gear. :troll:

^ Top  
  6. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    So, in αδ-38, Kwa is the Rwanda of the planet.:troll:

^ Top  
  7. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    That helicopter hijacking would have gone a lot better for all involved if the pilot had just gone along with what we said, what I imagine he would have 9/10 times. It was a great plan but we just happened to roll a 1 and are sorta up Shit Creek now.

^ Top  
  8. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    [​IMG]

More background on nearby parallels and some other useful bits.

Voting closed, nobody wanted to flip-flop and it was a landslide anyway. Update will be posted sometime tomorrow.

^ Top  
  9. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    1.7 I am an Atlantean smuggler from a parallel universe, honestly

The titan’s strange device has almost made contact with your skull. You start telling him everything, that you come from Atlantis in a parallel universe. That you came to this parallel to look for clients. He paused for a bit and then smiled. “Atlantis you say, rifts you say? Fascinating.” He laughs, afterwards he pulls out another strange device and starts talking to it. He speaks in an odd language, you do not recognize it. However it seems that the device is some sort of communicator, because a female voice can be heard coming out of the device. You grab the stun rod while he is distracted with the conversation, stand up and attempt to strike him. “You see, I have no need for your mach…” – the titan’s sentence is interrupted by a painful groan as the stun rod hits him in the torso.

Quickly you attempt to strike him again, but he dodges and kicks you in the leg. Gods damn it, it hurts! He attempts to punch you but you quickly move your head away and his fist misses your face. You use this against him and hit him with the rod in the head. “ARGHHH!” – he screams, the rod clearly is having some effect although not one you hoped for. The pain you experience when you try to make a step is becoming unbearable, your leg may be broken. However the titan is more of a concern for you at the moment. He attempts another attack but you duck and strike him in the left leg with your stun rod. He falls to the ground.

There is no telling how long he will be out cold, the chimeras or that female titan may come to investigate. You grab your gun, reload it and shoot him in the head several times. The bullets appear to have penetrated the skull. Hopefully he is dead, at any rate you grab your suitcase. As you slowly and painfully walk in the direction of the exit door you pick up one of the two devices the titan had with him. The streets outside seem empty, there are no chimeras near or other titans.

Hours pass, you slowly traveled north through the empty streets. Your leg is most definitely broken, it hurts as if Cerberus himself was gnawing upon it. However you managed to stiffen your leg with the bandages from the first aid kit and some wooden parts you cut off from restaurant chair found along the way north. The journey overall was mostly uneventful, but you did manage to find some sort of cane which made walking easier. A few hybrid aircraft flew to and from the port, some gunshots could be heard in the distance but besides that you literally saw and heard nothing. You guess that the titan and chimeras chased away or killed most people in the center. It is starting to get dark but you have reached the old “Weller Steelworks” industrial plant. The container is not far from here. You take a small break to drink and eat.

Due to the broken leg it takes you four hours to reach the empty fields about a kilometer away from the refinery. It is almost 2 a.m., you send an encoded “ping” to the container using the remote control function integrated into your custom RGM. Eventually you find the precise location of the container. It is time to dig it out.

Once the container is ordered to surface you can feel and hear the digging modules working. Slowly the soil above the container rises and is moved aside. Four main pneumatic legs raise the container, while 8 secondary legs allow it to crawl out of the hole in the ground. The legs lower the container and hide inside its structure making it look not that different from the average barbarian cargo container. It is intact, nobody outside of you ever knew it was here.

Obviously you check the contents just to be sure, you even scan the inside once it is open in case somebody did manage to open it and left a surprise. All clear. Now you can safely transport it elsewhere. Once in a different parallel you may enlist the help of natives to move the container elsewhere, although you must find trustworthy ones. Or at least savages who you can dispose of, before they back stab you by telling someone that your paid them, to move a suspicious container from the middle of nowhere to a different middle of nowhere.

The container is secure, you can summon it to a nearby parallel using an encrypted rift-based transmission as long as it is not dug into the ground. However you must first scout this location in one of the nearby parallels. If you deem that a location is safe you will summon the container from there. Otherwise you will flee and transit back to this parallel and then to a different parallel near αδ-38 using up more fusion fuel in the process. Furthermore, once you move the container to a new safe location, you can transit to a number of parallels of your choosing in search of customers, information or signs of Maximilian Ajax. There is enough fuel in the container for 9 transits (or 27 of your RGM). Furthermore you filled up your RGM to full.

[​IMG]

The parallels accessible from this one are ββ-17, αδ-45, αε-13 and εα-1. αδ-37 is also accessible but the Refinery is definitely not a safe location in that parallel, therefore you cannot transit with the container there.

αε-13: Similar tech level to this one but shows signs of geoengineering, it could be a promising market in demand of your services. Visited by pioneers at least once, so you may need to watch out for agents. Last thing you need is a luxury cruise on an Atlantean dreadnought, straight into an agonization chamber, funded by the Rift Armada’s and the Counter Trans-Parallel Crime and Terrorism unit’s budgets. Also there is apparently some kind superpower controlling over 68% of the landmass there.

ββ-17: This one looks odd, it is just outside the edge of atlantean patrol routes and it got reclassified from αδ-41 about 17 years ago. You don’t recall this happening to other parallels, outside of the ones reclassified to gamma, after the natives in them were killed off in a cataclysmic event like asteroid impact. It never got scouted again since, because the probe was lost just before initiating transit back but after sending data via the rift. It looks like it was only scouted by orbital probes 3 times. Could be free of agents and full of potentials buyers, even if somehow it is less industrialized and urbanized than it was before.

αδ-45: Travel to this parallel has been prohibited by the Chairman’s decree almost 8 years ago. From what you know, there was a world war going on back then and odds were it would turn into a nuclear holocaust as the natives call it. Still it looks like nobody bothered checking if it did end up as a radioactive wasteland. Which is odd to say the least, because while rift-probes have problems with identifying post-atomic war parallels from orbit, they can easily identify a nuclear winter present during the first years after one. Or they did check it but your information is over 5 years old.

εα-1: While technically not annexed as a “dominion parallel” of Atlantis with a spiffy A-XX designation, there were a few atlantean outposts here. Mostly resorts like “Hunters Lodge”, built for the rich and bored hunting enormous reptilian carnivores in the humid and hot jungles. The area where New Port is located should be a jungle with no outposts within 1000 kilometers. Then again that was over 5 years ago. After αδ-38 you know some things can change significantly in that time. High risk of encountering CTPCT agents, pioneers, Rift Armada patrols and gentlemen with lasrifles.

You will attempt to hide the container in:
    1) αε-13, might prove convenient if you find buyers there. Then again getting it out of there if the deal goes bad again may prove to be problematic.
    2) ββ-17, lost probe and downgraded or not natives in a beta parallel are unlikely to find and open the container. Payment will be crap if there are buyers, so you may need to look elsewhere for better buyers, but the goods should be safe.
    3) αδ-45, if the natives killed themselves with atomics 8 years ago, the radiation shouldn’t be much of an issue as long as you don’t stay around for long. If they didn’t they may be interested in buying. So it is either safe or convenient, you’re just not sure which though.
    4) εα-1, there is the risk of CTPCT VTOL crafts or some random upper class twit hunting velociraptors finding it. Then again, the place is big and filled mostly with giant reptiles so the odds of that are low. But if your rift gets detected it might draw attention.

After the container is safe you will transit to:
    A) αε-13, industrialized and hopefully chimera and titan free. Hopefully…
    B) ββ-17, lost rift-probes aside this one should be safe. Low risk, low reward but after fighting chimeras it might not be that bad.
    C) αδ-45, if it isn’t a ball of radioactive glass there should be some buyers there. Worst case scenario you visit a post-atomic war parallel for the first time and take pictures as a memento, the radiation shouldn’t be too high if the war was years ago.
    D) εα-1, I want to hunt dinosaurs with my primitive firearm, knife and the stun rod. Hell they might even buy a fusion reactor or two! Alright enough with the sarcasm. There is no good reason to visit this other than getting information on what happened in Atlantis during the last 5 years. Assuming you run into something other than a gentleman with an Ares Arsenal lasrifle mistaking you for a Triceratops or a T-Rex looking for dinner. Not to mention CTPCT agents with rift detection gear just waiting for a smuggler to appear.

Furthermore you still have one item that once belonged to “the titan”. The item you took from him was…
    X)…the mind probe spike thing.
    Y)…the communicator device.

NOTE: You will get the option to transit again, if you wish so, after you arrive at your destination, provided you do not end up meeting a friendly native military chopper or similar upon arrival. This is how double transits will be handled in the future for transits through all parallels and locations Heracles did not visit in 5 years (if ever). Double transit through “definitely safe” locations visited will be available with single transit choices in the same update.

Vote now.

I’ll most likely make a separate post for parallel descriptions, give a link to it in updates and update it the moment new ones become available. I’ll also update it with any information gained first hand during a visit. No point in copy pasting some of them all the time. Unless you guys want me to just copy and paste it for convenience.

^ Top  
  10. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    2AY

^ Top  
  11. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    Nice. And the title is hilarious :)

2) is the best choice for container storage - if taken at face value. I'm sure there is something fishy going on around there, but we'll find that out when we get there. Other choices all have significant obvious downsides, so I'm sure it's not a tranny trap.

C) is my choice for an actual sale - it takes us further east into the interesting areas of the multiverse, and away from agents of Atlantis. αε-13 is either too close to home or an invasion front for the titans. There'll be interesting developments there, but at the moment we're not interested nor healthy enough to deal with them.

X) a mind probe could be handy, and is proof enough of titan existence if we need one (to say, convince Atlantean agents who happened to capture us that we're a patriot after all and only wandered Zeus-forsaken parallels under the guise of a smuggler for the greater good of glorious homeland blah blah). A hunch tells me that communication devices can be tracked by design, and we REALLY do not want to be tracked by those guys after the jolly encounter we just had...

^ Top  
  12. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
  13. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
    2)looks like the safest place to hide the container
    C)good chances for sale, low for agents
    X) … the mind probe spike thing seems more useful.

^ Top  
  14. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    I think that our first priority should be to fix that broken leg as soon as possible. Getting irradiated and maybe getting cancer in a few years is a long term concern but having a reduced mobility capability in dangerous environments may get us dead very quickly. Also, the riftwalker myths article from http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...you-answer-its-call.69295/page-5#post-1984631 makes me suspect that these myths at all, so instead of getting closer to Atlantis, we should try getting farther away from it in order to investigate. We may find Ajax or some other ally by doing that.

So ββ-17 and αδ-45are the better alternatives in all respects. I would go with 2), because ββ-17 seems to me like the best place to stash our stuff. I think that is an easy choice. On the other hand, the choice between B) and C) is more dificult. On one hand, I think that the chances of getting in trouble with the locals are lower on ββ-17. We may be unable to get a good deal for our stuff, but we don't have to sell it all anyway, just enough to get our leg fixed and establish a relationship with the locals. We can, then, leave towards more advanced parallels that could be more interested in our merchandise. On the other hand, if we got to αδ-45 and they haven't blown themselves up yet, we could get better and faster medical treatment. I'm quite curious why the apparatchiks banned going there too. There may be something more interesting happening there than just a garden-variety cold war turned hot. If they have already blown themselves up, then we'll be there without any protective gear, with no medical help or potential clients in sight. The potential for not getting anything useful out of going there is much more significant than in the case of ββ-17. So, I'll go with B).

Finally, I'll chose X). It may come in handy in more circumstances than the comm device. The only situation where the comm device may be more useful is if we encounter the titans again. Otherwise, the mind probe has a wider range of applications. Also, CappenVarra is right about the comm device and its potential for tracking. Any wireless communication device emits some kind of signal and any signal emission can be used to track that device, even if it doesn't have any pure-blood positioning/tracking hardware in it. The only way to be sure you aren't tracked would be for the device to act as a passive receiver, but we have no idea how that device works, how it could be set to receive-only or even if it can be set to receive-only. Chances are it can't work as a communication device wihile not emitting any signal, so it would be useless for safely eavesdropping on the titans.

tl;dr: 2)B)X)

^ Top  
  15. Онега Trying too hard to get banned Queued

Онега
    Regarding the Newspapers. Hellraiser, are you trying to find the smallest font that is not yet disappearing in jpeg compression noise?

3) αδ-45, potential nuclear wasteland - looks good to bury something or someone...
    A) αε-13, geoengineering - they might be able to fix a leg...
    X) the mind probe spike thing. - mindrape is very tasteful, the com device is like begging to be found...

^ Top  
  16. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser

No, I'm using a template I got from some site. At any rate I can still read it easily while using a 1680x1050 resolution on my desktop. The jpegs themselves are barely compressed, which is why they are around 230kb and I see no compression noise at all. If you do see any noise it could be an issue on your side. My laptop for example has some shitty intel gma card and jpegs displayed via webbrowsers look like shit on it. Intel cannot into GPUs, the consequence of that looks like somebody, really went overkill with the compression even if the file itself isn't compressed. At any rate if you can't read that you either need a new pair of glasses/contact lenses or a less shitty graphics card. Or a lower resolution.

EDIT: Or you screen resolution is so low the forum scales down the images. Click on them to make them go to full size.

^ Top  
  17. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    [​IMG]

γε-1 is now known as δγ-1, the few natives that survived are living in luddite settlements. Heracles' black market contact named "Charon" used to hang out there. Unless a lot has changed, odds are he is still there, posing as some sort of technology hating savage while trading plutonium and other goods in secret. For the moment though there is no need to contact him, but if we will need more crap it might be worth to pay him a visit.

Voting closed, it was quite close but there are clear winning option. A nice change from the landslides witnessed in the past few updates. Expect the update tomorrow, it might get posted real late because Monday is unfortunately that day when I return home real late.

^ Top  
  18. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    1.8 Time to write a letter to the Multiverse Charting Bureau

It is time to leave this parallel. While your immediate surroundings are rather tranquil, all the savages in aircrafts, not to mention the chimeras and superhuman titans, were getting on your nerves. Hopefully you will not have to visit this parallel in the future. You climb up on one of the small hills nearby between which you hid the container. There appears to be nobody in sight, although it is dark so someone may be sneaking around even if it is very quiet. However it is a risk you have to take, it is better to move the goods to a safer location, this parallel has became far too dangerous. Odds are those titans aren’t happy that one of them has a head full of lead. The same applies to FEMA or whatever was the organization that owned htat helicopter you crashed. You pull out the RGM control terminal.

The destination is set and the RGM starts opening a rift. After the fracture appears it slowly expands and takes the shape of a vortex. The red, almost demonic glow illuminates the two nearby small hills. The colors you see during transit are as vibrant as always. Finally the other side of the rift slowly starts to appear. “Transit complete! Stabilization field disengaged, welcome to ββ-17 riftwalker. Fuel reserves at 61%.” – the RGM's display reports. Better to take a look around, hopefully there are no helicopters or chimeras here. Well there shouldn’t be any helicopters in a beta parallel period, but you never know what kind of inventors an industrial parallel could have spawned.

It looks safe, a little dusty though and there seems to be far less foliage in this place than in its counterparts in the two previous parallels you visited. You walk up the hill and take a look around. There is nothing but darkness all across the horizon, the stars are clearly visible and moonlight reveals the silhouettes of other nearby hills. Another power outage? Or maybe there is no city here? Soon however the mystery solves itself. As you try to look at the data regarding the transit, in order to determine how strong the interference is, you notice the probable cause of the apparent lack of civilization. There is minor background radiation in the area, far above normal but still below hazardous levels. It appears that radiation levels are rising marginally but gradually, the closer you step in the direction of New Port City or its equivalent.

The natives must have wiped out themselves in an atomic war. It is the only explanation, radiation levels match a one megaton warhead exploding about 20-30 years ago. Odds are the last rift-probe that scouted this parallel came just after the nuclear winter ended, detected some surviving settlements and the Multiverse Charting Bureau thought the previous probe gathered bad data. Better write them a letter complaining about this if you ever get back to the homeparallel. Still at the very least it should be safe. If there was some post-apocalyptic settlement nearby or a camp, you would see light from a campfire or something. So no natives around to find your container while it is digging into the soil.

You pull out the RGM control terminal and start summoning the container. “Open communications rift? Yes/No” “Opening rift... WARNING! DO NOT APPROACH THE RIFT!” “Rift open, sending encrypted data packet” “Done! Transmission complete, confirmation signal received.” – the RGM reports that everything went as planned. You back away from the arrival point and start investigating the data collected during the last transit. The interference is still present, but it is weaker than it was when you left that prison of a parallel after five years. Marginally which makes it hard to say if the interference got weaker or if getting away from the “source” helped.

However as you analyze the reading you notice something odd, there is an extremely minuscule gravitational wave anomaly, matching that present during the initial stages of the rift opening process, present in this parallel. Due to its weak strength the source cannot be far, if you were 20 kilometers further away odds are you wouldn’t detect it, that’s how weak it is. You try to pinpoint its location using basic trigonometry and the rate at which the waves get stronger as you move towards their source. It appears to be located in Glennsdale National Park or its local equivalent. Also you noticed that the closer you get to source the stronger a specific type of radiation gets. One matching that of leaking fusion waste. The gravitational wave anomaly remains constant as if stuck in a loop for gods know how long, the rift generator that may be the source of it could be damage. This may be the lost rift-probe.

If it is a crashed probe recovering its contents may prove very profitable, for one it should contain a decent amount of fusion fuel, enough for up to 30 transits of your RGM if you are lucky. Obviously you won’t be able to recover as much when you get there, but it may be used as a private refueling station in the future. But more importantly the hardware and memory of the probe may be recovered. Probes use advanced encryption devices and software, the specifications of which are highly classified. Furthermore it may contain recon data which would never reach the public due to its confidential nature. There are people who would pay a fortune for either the data or the hardware alone. Maybe you could even sell some of the less valuable salvaged parts, like a fusion reactor, to savages somewhere.

For the moment you decide to go to sleep inside the container, fortunately there are proximity sensors within the container's walls so it makes a safe shelter once it is locked, as long as the ventilation doesn't get clogged up and you don't die of asphyxiation. The sensors will alert you if anyone will get near. As you sleep you dream of chimeras and the titan breaking your leg. Truly a nightmare only the most merciless of Gods could think of. However nothing tried to approach your container during the night, this parallel is quite dead. Which is a nice change after the rather lively αδ-38.

After eating your morning meal you scan the titan’s mind spike device. The scanner indicates it is an odd hybrid of advanced organic and inorganic materials, combined together to form an elegant and functional internal structure. You try to “use” the device by forcing it to “unravel” as it did when the titan was holding it. However your fail, there are no button or switches on the device nor are there any instructions or displays. Only a few trench-like spaces “carved out” in the surfaces. You put your fingers inside of them as you grip the device. You feel something odd, as if the surface of the device glued itself to your fingers, and then the device shocks you with a painful jolt of electricity and “unglues” itself from your hand. It must recognize that you are not a “titan”, it most likely uses some sort of biometric authorization. It could however, prove useful in the future.

You climb up the nearby hill and take a better look of the surroundings now that the sun is shining upon them. The refinery is in ruins, a pile of rubble and twisted steel. The city itself looks no better, debris all the way up to the horizon with the occasional wall still standing as if it were a monument to the long dead residents of the city. It is somewhat sad that you have to witness such destruction, granted you already saw similar ruins in δγ-1. But those were caused by automatons and the Rift Armada's bombardment rather than by barbarians using atomics against each other. Human nature, especially that of savages, can be as destructive as genocidal machines.

However now that it is already morning you must make a choice whether to transit to αδ-45 or locate the source of the rift-based gravity wave anomaly. Obviously it is daytime, so you may want to choose to walk to a different location until nightfall, and then initiate transit to αδ-45 from there. However transiting from elsewhere may require you to travel through the city ruins, and trying to walk across fields of rubble with a broken leg won't be fast.

You will…
    A)…investigate the source of the anomaly. This parallel is mostly dead and the road to Glennsdale National Park leads through the no doubt dead suburbs and empty fields. While it is hard to detect there is the risk of somebody recovering the wreckage before you return to this parallel.
    B)...transit to αδ-45 just as planned. You can return here later, the anomaly is hard to detect so the odds of anyone else finding it should be low.

If you decide to initiate transit you will do so from...
    1)... the refinery. You will just wait until nightfall first, some rest may prove beneficial.
    2)...Blakemore Park within the city ruins. Traveling through the ruins will take some time but you should get there by dusk.
    3)...the beach near the port. The coastline should be clear of debris so getting there should not be hard.
    4)...the south-western farmland. Although to be honest it isn't that far from Glennsdale National Park. At least you will avoid the debris.
    5)...Van Buren Airport. It is far but you can get there by traveling by coast avoiding the rubble and rough terrain of the ruins.

Vote now.
    Obviously vote for the location even if you vote A just in case the hivemind chooses to ignore the anomaly. Which may be the prudent choice...

...or not.

^ Top  
  19. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    See, I knew this parallel was more than meets the eye :)

A) 3) from me.

^ Top  
  20. Онега Trying too hard to get banned Queued

Онега
    1. gravitational wave, not gravity wave, pleb :troll:

2. gravitation is not a wave, if you wanted to say "gravitational anomaly"

3. if you actually detect a gravitational wave anomaly in 20 km distance from a small source than it contains INSANE energies

4. meaning that neither fusion nor antimatter generators (well, if they could generate antimatter in unlimited amounts for free and transform it in near zero time, than maybe...) could power that, meaning that our rifts somehow generate grav waves without bending spacetime or unbending it constantly (or we would not be standing there), meaning that antigrav is so very close

5. B)...transit to αδ-45 just as planned. You can return here later
    - Probe has been here for 5+ years, it wont run away and we have a broken leg, goddammit, had anyone of you ever had a broken leg?
    5)...Van Buren Airport. It is far but you can get there by traveling by coast avoiding the rubble and rough terrain of the ruins.
    - Van Buren is always kewl, right...

^ Top  
  21. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    B) because we have a BROKEN LEG
    3) seems to be the closest alternative clear of debris. Reason: BROKEN LEG

^ Top  
  22. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    Atlantean terminology=/=real world terminology

Also it works because the plot demands it.

But I guess I'll change it to gravitational wave anyway since that is what I meant.

^ Top  
  23. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  24. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    Good news and bad news. The good news is that voting is closed and the update will be posted tomorrow, the bad news is that you won't get a newspaper this time. I have been busy more than I anticipated and didn't really have the time to make one. But this is hopefully an isolated incident which won't repeat itself.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.