Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Nameless: Slay Dragon - I made an indie game that combines JRPG and CRPG! Updated: looking for beta testers!

TheNameLess

Arcane
Developer

The game uses the turn-based combat of old-school JRPG + the exploration checking and event branching of CRPG.

BATTLE:
P1zPN2L.png

EXPLORE:
Explore in a way that is somewhat similar to GAMEBOOK

The main characters look like this:
siiH1gD.png

The major town look like this:

yGrtdLc.png

BACKGROUD STORY:

Once upon a time, there was a great hero

His deeds were written in the earth

He made a covenant to kill all the evil

He held a holy sword and slayed the dragon

Yet His figure, not to be remembered

His name, not to be celebrated

About twenty classes with different mechanisms and near 100 traits in the game
fKcl3eD.png

Abundant skill customization.
Sparks of inspiration can be obtained while fighting, exploring, cooking, even dreaming. Infuse the spark into a skill and eventually make it your own, creating a unique skill and renaming it.

A craft system that can make the vast majority of items:

What do you guys think of the game, any expectations or questions?

Edit: about 2 month to launch ,looking for beta testers, PM me to get beta invite code.

Last edited:

TheNameLess

Arcane
Developer
I've spent 6 years of my life making a CRPG-lite game, The Nameless: Slay Dragon!

The game is almost complete, and about two or so months away from launch ......
I've poured everything into completing this game and am in the process of making the final tweaks. So I would like to invite players for a final round of beta testing, which will open up about 8 hours of game content. I hope to get valuable feedback from player community, whether it be gameplay, plot, character, balance, text,etc.

Here is a brief description of the game:

Epic adventure of swords & sorcery
You can choose your birth, choose your profession, gain new abilities, make more companions, develop relationships with your companions, make fateful choices to change the world, and arrive at different endings.
This adventure is full of choices, and different choices will test your different abilities and a little bit of luck. Favored by the dice, you may be able to get an unexpected result, or, unfortunately, you will encounter all kinds of tricky situations.
yGrtdLc.png

Combat system where every action counts
Use any skill in battle to increase your ability and skill proficiency.
You can even learn new skills in battle, or even awakening unique mysteries for your ultimate skill and name it yourself.

Rich craft system
You can cook hundreds of cuisines with varying effects, as well as horrifying dark dishes.
You can also throw almost any prop into the Alchemy Crucible to create items with unknown effects.
You can also manually select materials to create unique equipment.

Well paced
No random battle, no forced grinding, no tediously long dialog.
siiH1gD.png

If you are interested, please visit the steam page to add the game to your wishlist,try the demo,demo is about 2 hours of game content.

If you wish to join the beta test:
PM me on the forums for a beta invite code or join the discord and PM me

How to give feedback:
1.Reply directly at here, I will check regularly
2.Join the discord

Last edited:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
If I had the time, I'd definitely offer to help out. Unfortunately I don't. Really looking forward to checking this out when it's released though! Congratulations on seeing it through to this point and pouring yourself into it. I hope the final stretch goes smoothly for you!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Played the demo for maybe 30 minutes. Pretty decent, although I'd say it's a bit overwhelming at first with all the numbers left unexplained, especially with how classes and combat abilities work considering you select your class in the beginning. Surprisingly lot more moving across zones from hotspot to hotspot than actual fighting, and skills subscribe to "improvement through usage" principle down to stat mini-dings after combat that don't count as actual level ups. On one hand I like the fact everything you do rewards experience/skill progression, but on the flipside this is reigned in by a much maligned Fatigue meter. Percentage-based skill rolls become easier with every failed roll so if you're willing to burn enough Fatigue you can win most of them provided game gives you the chance to re-roll. I suspect this becomes a matter of exploring enough before you decide to employ use-limited camps to restore Fatigue and heal up before proceeding to do the rest of the dungeon in the same fashion.

This might be a game I want to check out at some point so I won't play past the part when my greed got me killed by a giant spider, but localization seems to get a smidge better after you end up in the mines. Perhaps due to less conversations?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Just tried and finished the demo, i like the systems presented here.
Not a fan of "rise skill by use" priniciple usually but here you're indeed rewarded for pretty much any action you take so it doesn't feel like a grind.
Most of the fights are pretty short which is a plus for me.
You can advance in various classes with their abilities/perks/passives/soulpowers by purchasing levels with advancement points, your starting class choice determines what classes are avaliable to your main character. Seems like you're rewarded with extra advancement points if you don't abuse resting.
You will find a certain book in the dungeon that will unlock extra classes for you. I wonder if there will be more extra classes or even a secret one that you can unlock by exploring or completing challenges?
Advancing a skill through usage can also grant you an extra ability or a perk, like survival granting you a cheap heal.
You can equip and swap various passive perks on your characters or their abilities. Like, you can make your stealing strike also apply silence for example.
Using an abilty often enough will also let you awaken the skill, which means extra and stronger effects that you can slap on them.
TheNameLessQ0MYTMGmy.jpg

Translation is a tiny bit wonky and some parts are untranslated, yeah.
Crafting is pretty useful especially if you don't want to abuse resting. A succesfully cooked meal heals more than a basic healing potions you start with or can acquire as an extra reward for level-up.
CYOA elements are pretty fun too, i especially liked that giant spider part and the dungeon prior.

Anyway, wishlisted it.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks for giving the feedbacks! I'll add explanations to stats and abilities.

are perchance a DD modder? Or your artist was/is part of DD modding?
No, I'm just a perennial RPG fan like everyone else. I'm probably considered a solo developer and work with some artists online.
We have references to some of DD's art.

Played the demo just now and I am liking it so far
Keep up the good work

TheNameLess

Arcane
Developer
Update: you can request beta access on the steam store page, feel free to try it!
Before game is released beta request will be open

Emmanuel2

Savant
Just finished demo on Hard/Fighter difficulty (I didn't realize there was a fourth one because the textbox was empty) after 10 hours; Really excited for the game!

Cleared most of the optional fights (spider queen, darklord, fire demon, ultiwraith, 2 wyverns) except for the wyvernrider.

Was a bit worried about the combat being too same-y, but after the first 3 hours it became a lot more varied especially with status effects working on bosses too. I liked your idea of multi-classing as well, picking up crucial skills/traits/sparks smartly throughout the classes available to you is fun.

The skill awakening system could be a lot less RNG heavy, maybe a reset system in the future or to specify the option instead? People can savescum it if they choose to, though, so it's just a small peeve.

The worldbuilding, lore, etc. are good despite the translation issues. Exploration feels very rewarding too and I hope that it continues into the full release. Grinding isn't at all a requirement as well and felt like most of the power you get is from just progressing through the story naturally and exploring.

TheNameLess

Arcane
Developer
Just finished demo on Hard/Fighter difficulty (I didn't realize there was a fourth one because the textbox was empty) after 10 hours; Really excited for the game!

Cleared most of the optional fights (spider queen, darklord, fire demon, ultiwraith, 2 wyverns) except for the wyvernrider.

Was a bit worried about the combat being too same-y, but after the first 3 hours it became a lot more varied especially with status effects working on bosses too. I liked your idea of multi-classing as well, picking up crucial skills/traits/sparks smartly throughout the classes available to you is fun.

The skill awakening system could be a lot less RNG heavy, maybe a reset system in the future or to specify the option instead? People can savescum it if they choose to, though, so it's just a small peeve.

The worldbuilding, lore, etc. are good despite the translation issues. Exploration feels very rewarding too and I hope that it continues into the full release. Grinding isn't at all a requirement as well and felt like most of the power you get is from just progressing through the story naturally and exploring.
Thanks for feedbacks!

I'm working on a feature that can reset skills, and checking the translations too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom