Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The new Alice game is pretty fucking awesome.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I've played a little bit through Alice, Madness Returns, and so far the voiceacting is great, just like in the previous one (which the game also includes for you to play by the by, I thought that was an awesome bonus), the graphics and art design are amazing, the artwork too, and so far the gameplay has been pretty fun, I miss playing a game like this.

So yeah, so far all I can say is :love:

lightbane

Arcane
Some questions: So far, have you seen if it does feature some sort of next-gen bullshit (as in: regenerating health, low difficulty and such)?? Does it have puzzles (if any)? Is it worse or better than Splatterhouse's remake? How does it tie with the first game's ending??

baronjohn

Cipher
Well, the whole game is 16:9, so I get giant black bars on my 4:3 screen. Also when you load the game you're told not to hard power off your Wintendo console pc when the autosave icon appears.

Also performance is absymal (10-30 fps on my HD4850), the game looks like ass, and I get a slideshow whenever the black monsters disintegrate into the tar-like shit on the floor.

abija

Prophet
It's locked at 30 fps (can edit ini if you want more) but for me on 4850 it dropped under 30 only once and probably was due to streaming.
Are you trying to run high resolution with AA and physx on high or what?

Orgasm

Barely Literate
You should try running it on Ubuntu. I am having a blast here.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've heard complaints that it gets extremely repetitive about halfway through. Will wait a little longer for Kodex Kritikal Konsensus to accrue.

baronjohn said:
Might'ev been physics settings yeah.

Well if you try to run physx with radeon card and then complain about performance, your own retarded fault.
Game looks fine, art direction is great and performance is mostly stable 60 FPS on my GTS250, but there are slight stutters every once in a while. Haven't played it much myself yet, only installed because my girl kinda forced me too. Watched her play and it seemed pretty much like a standard platformer with beautiful imaginative art direction. Could be cool to romp through it sometime.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Broken-ass piece of console shit!!!

:x

I was going to go on about how awesome the art direction & sound are, but then I noticed that whenever the game loads, my keybindings are gone. Not reset to default, FUCKING GONE. As in I cant do anything because no keys are assigned to it. Not even Esc works so you can't get back into the menu, have to alt-tab and close it. Also my savegames have disappeared.

abija

Prophet
I've heard complaints that it gets extremely repetitive about halfway through.
Yeah it's a platformer that keeps platforming. A true shock for game reviewers all over the world. To quote gametrailers "doesn't quite operate under modern games logic".

baronjohn

Cipher
Well it doesn't have an assault rifle with a red dot sight so according to modern sensibilities it sucks.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Zarniwoop said:

I was going to go on about how awesome the art direction & sound are, but then I noticed that whenever the game loads, my keybindings are gone. Not reset to default, FUCKING GONE. As in I cant do anything because no keys are assigned to it. Not even Esc works so you can't get back into the menu, have to alt-tab and close it. Also my savegames have disappeared.
You are not Monocause.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Chaotic Lulz3r said:
abija said:
To quote gametrailers "doesn't quite operate under modern games logic".

That's it, I'll actually give real money to legally purchase this shit.

Yes cuz GT said that it must mean it's totally comparable to games from '90s

And then you'll bitch about "decline"

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
abnaxus said:
Zarniwoop said:

You are not Monocause.

Well what I am is someone who paid good money for a brand new game and wants the shit to work.

I mean I expected all The New Shit like not being able to save where I want or being forced to play in 16:9 aspect ratio, but I shouldn't have to fuck around with my My Documents folder just to get my damn savegames to work.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
Chaotic Lulz3r said:
abija said:
To quote gametrailers "doesn't quite operate under modern games logic".

That's it, I'll actually give real money to legally purchase this shit.

Yes cuz GT said that it must mean it's totally comparable to games from '90s

And then you'll bitch about "decline"

Kinda like you just had to post in this thread without having anything constructive to add.

Never mind the fact that you've never played those magic "games from 90's" either...

Santander02

Arcane
The PC version doesn't include the first game , only the console versions do :roll: , although it sounds like it is typical shitty console to PC port.

To anyone who tried the original, how is it? is it worth playing trough that one first before going trough the new one?

baronjohn

Cipher
Santander02 said:
The PC version doesn't include the first game , only the console versions do :roll: , although it sounds like it is typical shitty console to PC port
Yes it does. Why do you lie?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'll take a look into this one later. Was always interested by the original Alice but never played it, and this sequel seems like a really great helping of late-90s platforming with some unique atmosphere and art.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Zarniwoop said:

This is tragic but funny.

Santander02

Arcane
baronjohn said:
Santander02 said:
The PC version doesn't include the first game , only the console versions do :roll: , although it sounds like it is typical shitty console to PC port
Yes it does. Why do you lie?

That's what I read on some reviews that just came out, but I just found out that the version sold trough EA online store (the "Complete Edition) does include the original game, or maybe it is included only in certain regions

made

Arcane
PhysX fx all over the place, runs like shit on AMD. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom