Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The new Thiaf game is MASSIVE decline - Eidos Forum Refugee Camp

Divinity: Original Sin
All this thief talk made me play The dark mod...

but seeing these reviews, it feels like they looked back on the only thief that was made for consoles (deadly shadows), and remade it only worse... they took out everything that was good and kept the bad ideas: Small levels, a hub, loading sections that are even worse, since in deadly shadows you could go back and forth... I told you before that they would do a hitman absolution style of level sectioning.

Anyway, now that the reviews are out and everybody say it's shit, it's a relief and I can move on. Only two things remains to be seen:

1. Are the devs butthurt already giving excuses? Any post-reviews interviews?
2. I'd love to see ex-LGS guys comment on Thiaf... or being asked about and ignore the question.

Heh it didn't take long for developers to start blaming the fans for the game's average metascore, as seen on Mapcore.

link?

Angthoron

Arcane
Heh it didn't take long for developers to start blaming the fans for the game's average metascore, as seen on Mapcore.
Fans can't even use the metascore yet...
:lol:
But yeah, wow, some of those reviews popping out on Metacritic are mind-blowing. Like GameInformer one. Thi4f is too oldschool. Holy shit.

Eidos-Montreal may have adhered too closely to the series’ roots, resulting in a reboot that suffers from classic problems like simplistic combat and trial-and-error sneaking missions. However, locked behind this old-school game design is a gem that stealth fans should eye up for their collection.
GameInformer PS4

Following in the steps of Tomb Raider and Deus Ex, an old franchise returns fresh, accessible to a wider audience, but still remains true to its origins.
Vandal Online

The return of Garrett on PC is great for gamers who love to climb, sneak and steal through a dark steampunk setting, opening hundreds of drawers, cupboards, chests and more to find loot. The narrative aspect of the game is entertaining and particularly the movement of Garrett offers a deep in-game feeling. Some design-issues won’t please thief-veterans, especially the action-drive scenes. There’s also a lack of orientation in the nested level design of the city. But equipped with cool gear and tons of game-options you’ll definitely find your individual thief-experience.
PCGamer Germany

Garrett is back with a mighty stealthy adventure that perhaps tries a little bit too hard to cater to the interests of everyone. But it is still an entertaining adventure that Gamereactor highly recommends for thieves and people that like good games.
GameReactor Sweden

Thief is best when it sticks to the involving, slow-paced stealth that made its ancestor such a tense affair. In its subtle moments, Eidos Montreal gives your creeping a sense of closeness and texture, in a game where you almost always have your nose pressed against things.
Joystiq

At times, the developer seems ill-fitted for the franchise, but the studio has padded out this selection of classic stealth challenges with crafty cat-and-mouse moments that help intensify Thief’s slow pacing.
Game Informer XBox1

Thief is a good game that fans of the stealth genre will appreciate but it has several gameplay flaws that keep it far from being a new masterpiece.
Multiplayer.it

Know Your Shills.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So guys, are you glad it's a reboot now and not an attempt at an actual sequel?

(Told you)

zwanzig_zwoelf

Fans can't even use the metascore yet...
:lol:
But yeah, wow, some of those reviews popping out on Metacritic are mind-blowing. Like GameInformer one. Thi4f is too oldschool. Holy shit.

Eidos-Montreal may have adhered too closely to the series’ roots, resulting in a reboot that suffers from classic problems like simplistic combat and trial-and-error sneaking missions. However, locked behind this old-school game design is a gem that stealth fans should eye up for their collection.
GameInformer PS4

Following in the steps of Tomb Raider and Deus Ex, an old franchise returns fresh, accessible to a wider audience, but still remains true to its origins.
Vandal Online

The return of Garrett on PC is great for gamers who love to climb, sneak and steal through a dark steampunk setting, opening hundreds of drawers, cupboards, chests and more to find loot. The narrative aspect of the game is entertaining and particularly the movement of Garrett offers a deep in-game feeling. Some design-issues won’t please thief-veterans, especially the action-drive scenes. There’s also a lack of orientation in the nested level design of the city. But equipped with cool gear and tons of game-options you’ll definitely find your individual thief-experience.
PCGamer Germany

Garrett is back with a mighty stealthy adventure that perhaps tries a little bit too hard to cater to the interests of everyone. But it is still an entertaining adventure that Gamereactor highly recommends for thieves and people that like good games.
GameReactor Sweden

Thief is best when it sticks to the involving, slow-paced stealth that made its ancestor such a tense affair. In its subtle moments, Eidos Montreal gives your creeping a sense of closeness and texture, in a game where you almost always have your nose pressed against things.
Joystiq

At times, the developer seems ill-fitted for the franchise, but the studio has padded out this selection of classic stealth challenges with crafty cat-and-mouse moments that help intensify Thief’s slow pacing.
Game Informer XBox1

Thief is a good game that fans of the stealth genre will appreciate but it has several gameplay flaws that keep it far from being a new masterpiece.
Multiplayer.it

Know Your Shills.

I'm sorry, but...
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Angthoron

Arcane
It's okay, zwanzig_zwoelf - I am sure that it's just some fair, balanced reviews, merely a couple of points uptuned to balance out the nasty internet trorru fans that are unbalancing the Metascore.

Eurogamer Italy
90%
One of the best action-stealth titles in years and the first serious contender for the “2014 Game of the Year” contest

Guess they figured that for a game about a member of Italian parliament, the game is pretty racey.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAHAH holy fuck:

Game Informer
Feb 24, 2014

i know the people at eurogaymer italy.
i'll just tell you they were those who supported and fought for the indoctrination theory in ass effect 3, despite all the evicence and dlcs.
the editor in chief literally said on his facebook page "those who don't understand the majesty of mass effect 3 ending don't understand shit and deserve all the cods and mohs of the world".

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
It doesn't matter. We all know the gaming press is beyond any help. What matters is that Thiaf will bomb, and, contrary to Fallout, the franchise will be left alone from now on, to rest in peace in all eternity. No marketing suit will dare to touch it ever again. This is the best we can hope for in these times and the best we can get.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Holy shit. Some of those trashing reviews are beautiful. There is some justice left in the world after all.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
qErSjXF.jpg

rwpNjIj.jpg

SiFsQWR.jpg

Wow. Much tip. Such advice.

fuck this game, 10 minutes in and i already fucking hate that erin bitch. why would i care about her? she is immature whinning bitch. is the rest of the plot about her? playing on the hardest difficulty:M lack of jumping button is just plain fucking retarded.i need to check every corner/wall/porch to know if i am allowed to jump on it or drop down.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Can't wait till Square Enix closes down EM. Justice has been served, for once.
I liked Human Revolution, for what it was. I think if that team got the chance to keep iterating, they could come up with some good stuff.

I kinda did as well, but not enough to forgive this insult. DXHR was mostly enjoyable for its aesthetics anyway, mechanics and level design were thoroughly mediocre.

zwanzig_zwoelf

It's okay, zwanzig_zwoelf - I am sure that it's just some fair, balanced reviews, merely a couple of points uptuned to balance out the nasty internet trorru fans that are unbalancing the Metascore.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
While the game's mediocre showing may be smugly satisfying, the fact that popamole shill reviewers are calling it "too old-school" (I genuinely don't believe these people have played any good old-school games) while Codexers and other grouchy fucks blast it for being too popamole is probably bad news in the long run.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't know why you guys are cheering. These guys "getting what they deserve" looks like more a result of them not being able to afford the ante than getting burned for cheating.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't know why you guys are cheering. These guys "getting what they deserve" looks like more a result of them not being able to afford the ante than getting burned for cheating.

Well, when the dev team explained that sneaking through green light instead of actual shadows was a purposeful design decision intended to sell more boxes to retards, they made a Codexful of enemies.

A user named cat

So is this a worse necroing than Jagged Alliance: BIA or Shadowrun FPS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom