Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The new Thiaf game is MASSIVE decline - Eidos Forum Refugee Camp

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I hated the last missions of Thief 1 too, I just wanted it to end at that point

It wasn't the most fun mission to play, but the end, with The Trickster chanting, was one of the creepiest moments in any game I played.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The map actually tells you where you can rope arrow? Oh my...

eTk2LfQ.jpg
Reminder, this was an original Thief map:

ry2hApy.png

Seriously, The Dark Project kicked ass. Including the last levels.

I've put my eyepatch and sailed the seas a little, and custom difficulty feature indeed looks very nice - turn teh modern gaming off. But that's all I can say since game lags like shit for me even on lowest settings. Maybe it's port, maybe particular version or just my vidya card is so old, but I was surprised how bad it was since I played Bioshock Infinity, Dishonored, Skyrim etc. without any performance issues.
Maybe there will be a solution in a few days, I'll wait.

But Total Biscuit said that the game ran just fine on his Titan, he didn't even need to activate his 2nd Titan in SLI mode.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Total Biscuit disabled comments on the video mentioned by Spellcaster. Looks like we've got another Sarkeesian on our hands.
Actually he's always moderated comments since some time back. Apparently he had health problems from reading comments too much (didn't realize you could be clinically butthurt but there's TB for you) so now his comments are usually moderated in some form. He either closes them off to himself so he doesn't see them or has someone else read them.

Dexter

Arcane
So, I heard this is coming out pretty soon. Are you all excited yet? Who Pre-Ordered already?

Sonus

Educated
Lol, isn't the symbol in the middle a depiction of a 4D object?
Yes. A tesseract. Aside from the pagan portals, the Trickster slashes open a rift in space to make his exit in his reveal scene.

DeepOcean

Arcane

People are bitching about their low score review, the morons complaining about the score criticized the review of Thie4f with the following argument... prepare yourself... "It is a Thief game, it isn't something you supposedly can blast through.". I don't know what is more infuriating, someone saying that this game has any similarity with TDP and TMA or people thinking it is hard with Fallout 3 crouch invisible mode and retarded guards.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Just tabbed out of playing Thief 2 to say that I knew that Thiaf would get shit reviews.

Protip: It's also going to fail financially.

Alright, back to Thief. :salute:

DemonKing

Arcane
I'll probably give it a whirl once it goes on sale (shouldn't take long). I'll treat it as a reboot rather than a sequel (meaning that I won't go in expecting gameplay similar to earlier Thief games) and see if that makes a difference.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pointing me toward reviews by people who give Call of Duty a 9 out of 10 bashing Thief really means nothing to me, FYI Codexers. Alex Navarro hating Thief is almost enough to make me want to play it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Hmm...wonder what daddy thinks of Thiaf, especially the writing...?
He used to post on the Thief: Dark Project group on Usenet (which I haven't read for over 10 years). Anyone know if he still posts about Thief somewhere?

Azazel

Arbiter
Hmm...wonder what daddy thinks of Thiaf, especially the writing...?
He used to post on the Thief: Dark Project group on Usenet (which I haven't read for over 10 years). Anyone know if he still posts about Thief somewhere?

Well, he's suffering from such severe alzheimers that he's decided on assisted suicide sometime in the next the next twelve months, so hopefully he's been spared the final indignity of knowing his daughter was involved with this clusterfuck in all but the most vague of "Aww, you worked on Thief? Good for you, loved those games back in the day!" sort of fashion.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Pointing me toward reviews by people who give Call of Duty a 9 out of 10 bashing Thief really means nothing to me, FYI Codexers. Alex Navarro hating Thief is almost enough to make me want to play it.
They are clueless shills but even complete retards can notice where you can only move into a straight line and can't even return to a previous room, or when guards glitch and try to move through walls, or how loading screens chop the entire map into really small bits or how the game has two terrible boss battles, or scripted setpieces (even Uncharted has more gameplay on those sectionss) infect the whole game.

Gamming is interesting. Imagine if you go to watch a movie and there is a Matrix advertising but as soon as you get inside there is Titanic playing instead, this is more or less what happened with this game.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Again, no, this is not game journos suddenly being competent. This is a political failure of Eidos-Montreal somewhere.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I think they decided fairly early on to cut their losses and make only minimal payoffs to the media.

Remember that Thief was offered as a free bundle with AMD graphics cards as early as November.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

Well. obviously. You would look for any excuse to play rubbish.

Dexter

Arcane
They are clueless shills but even complete retards can notice where you can only move into a straight line and can't even return to a previous room, or when guards glitch and try to move through walls, or how loading screens chop the entire map into really small bits or how the game has two terrible boss battles, or scripted setpieces (even Uncharted has more gameplay on those sectionss) infect the whole game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/gone-home
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii

Last edited:

Azazel

Arbiter
Interesting, The Telegraphs scathingly negative review got pulled off Metacritic in under an hour, and none of the other negative ones besides Giant Bomb (not even Kotaku) have shown up yet. I wonder what's going on over there.

DeepOcean

Arcane

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/gone-home
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dragon-age-ii
One thing is to notice things are bad another thing is to be paid to not tell.:lol: Square Enix needs a bail out at this point, to buy the shills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom