Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ The Noah Caldwell-Gervais Thread

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
MrBTongue is decent, but just stick to his game analyses. His attempts at providing social commentary are laughable at best (his video on the 'issue' of diversity in the game industry is easily his worst, and uses the kind of logic and arguments you'd expect from a high school presentation made the night before its submission).

tormund

Arcane
I just figured out that his Fallout retrospective was actually featured on Codex front page, age ago, before his channel became big. Based Codex will always sniff out true quality. :cool:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
if he's so great why is making a living off of patreon and being a pizzaman? it's gotta be prior convictions for fucking kids in their butts, surely

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
if he's so great why is making a living off of patreon and being a pizzaman? it's gotta be prior convictions for fucking kids in their butts, surely
Tell me about it, he should be living on welfare like a true vidya shut-in.

tormund

Arcane
Edgy.
He's doing what he loves, unlike most people writing about video games. And considering the amount of work behind his videos, he sure as hell deserves that money...

Hoplopfheil

Literate
Edgy.
He's doing what he loves, unlike most people writing about video games. And considering the amount of work behind his videos, he sure as hell deserves that money...

If he could just put in a TINY bit more work and edit out all the times he coughs or flubs a line, I'd be overjoyed.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
i remember seeing his video about bloodlines where he said he was offended by sexy vampires and that troika deserved to be shut down or something. you might as well just play something yourself or do whatever else more worthwhile instead of wasting that time listening to some pretentious person meander on about video games.
I looked this video up. Lost it at "you've got to fight for your right to parlay" in reference to unavoidable combat in Arcanum.

The line you're talking about is a complaint that VTMB comes across as try-hard pandering sometimes, especially when compared to the "for nerds, by nerds" vibe of Arcanum and ToEE. Here's the video; watch about two minutes on from the timestamp:

I think I like the game more than he did, but he's not pulling that accusation out of his ass.

Ash

Arcane

Cuck praises Bioshock for about an hour. Pure decline. System Shock 1 and 2 are given very little screen time and analysis. Clearly their intelligent design intricacies fly right over his head and he falls for in your face dumbed down spectacle of Bioshock while glossing over all the decline.

I respect that he seems give his honest opinion in a sensible manner without any pandering, but I'm not going to support someone that lumps praise upon considerable decline like that.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liek it when people watch these video and the moment they have something they disagree with they just dismiss it as crap.

For myself, i watch these video to fill the monotone of the more borin part of my life like commute or slow day at work. Sometimes i get enjoyment because they agree with me and me with them. It is always good to have your opinion validated, but on the other side when the makers of these videos and i have nothing in common it just give me perspective.

I love VMTB, and he don't really change my opinion of it, but it showed me some things and especially flaws that i might have glossed over due to my high opinion of it and these second and third and so on perspective in life is important for someone's growth and worldview. To know that the world dont revolve around you alone.

For people to dismiss another point of view because they disagree is sad really.

And iirc with that video, noah dont really tell us to hate that game. He just say what's on his mind and what he think is wrong. What do you do with that knowledge is up to you, and as an adult human being, you have the capabilities to make use of it.

It is the same when he praise bioshock and people start dismiss him as "decline loving retard" i haven't watched that one, but whatever his opinion is, i bet he dont try to preach and brainwash you to like bioshock. He is just stating his mind and what you make of it is up to you

tormund

Arcane

Cuck praises Bioshock for about an hour. Pure decline. System Shock 1 and 2 are given very little screen time and analysis. Clearly their intelligent design intricacies fly right over his head and he falls for in your face dumbed down spectacle of Bioshock while glossing over all the decline.

I respect that he seems give his honest opinion in a sensible manner without any pandering, but I'm not going to support someone that lumps praise upon considerable decline like that.

He is correct in that he describes SS, especially the very first one, as a product of its age and thus not very interesting to modern gamers. As for Bioshocks, he states his opinion on them with far more intelligence and detail than you could ever hope to muster.

Thus, we of the KODEX rate your worthless comment as EDGY, classifying you as tryhard autist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom