Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
gamersgate has segaweek, all titles at discount, for example alpha protocol is for 4€.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
gamersgate has segaweek, all titles at discount, for example alpha protocol is for 4€.

If you use a proxy like you should be using it's just $4!

In b4 'hurr, still too much'....

Does anyone know if it activates on Steam ? (it says DRM-free so I would think not). Also I never ordered from gamersgate, is it similar to GOG as to "delivery" ? Can you just log in and download it as much as you'd like/regardless of machine in the future ?

I guess unignoring Konjad has finally payed off.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Does anyone know if it activates on Steam ? (it says DRM-free so I would think not). Also I never ordered from gamersgate, is it similar to GOG as to "delivery" ? Can you just log in and download it as much as you'd like/regardless of machine in the future ?

You can download it as many times as you want, after installation you need to activate it once (one-time DRM kind of thing), but you have unlimited amount of activations.

It's "paid off".

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

To be honest, I only started using GG a couple weeks ago. I finally got a debit card that was accepted online and the 1C pack was the first thing I got from them. From what I noticed, you can dl as much as you want, wherever you want: you first DL a 200k file then you can put that anywhere you like on your HD, make copies etc. Then you just do the double click and the files will go directly into a temp folder where the downloader is placed. You can then back up the files for later or uninstall and reload. I've already downloaded a few games on different computers. Some games require third party shit like Steam, but there too you can still choose whether to d/l using GG(and just register with Steam) or use the Steam client.

tl;dr It's a good system, not the horror story I imagined digital downloading would be. Quick and simple to use. Getting rewards in the form of blue coins also is good: I managed to snag a free copy of Silent Hunter 5 just by using those reward points after a couple of weeks.

I already have AP from retail and that certainly wasn't DRM free, so either that's an error(the retail used SecureROM I think) or they stripped it for the digital version here, in which case I'd get it myself again.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I already have AP from retail and that certainly wasn't DRM free, so either that's an error(the retail used SecureROM I think) or they stripped it for the digital version here, in which case I'd get it myself again.

Just got it from gamersgate, they have patch 1.10 that you can download separately which removes DRM:
PATCHES
1.00 to 1.10 (Will remove the DRM)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

Just got it from gamersgate, they have patch 1.10 that you can download separately which removes DRM:
PATCHES
1.00 to 1.10 (Will remove the DRM)

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll be able to spend my $5 on something else then. I played it last before that patch.

Zeus

Cipher
I just went in on the May Hurray Indie Royal Bundle: http://www.indieroyale.com

You can get Dungeon Defenders and Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space for around $5. Plus a few other games. I hear D.D. is pretty great (though very EDIT: DLC-y, not DRM-y), but the real reason I picked it up is Weird Worlds.

It's a randomized space exploration sort-of-roguelike designed to be played in 30 minutes or less. I was big into the prequel, Strange Adventures in Inifinite Space (which is now freeware).

This is the first time I've seen Weird Worlds selling for less than $25. Good times ahead!

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Holly Shit! I was having it on my radar at Amazon for few fonths, but the price was steep. I may give it a go from this site. Embarrasing question: Can you play it in sort of arcadish mode? I mean, I do not want to spend a month to learn how to take off properly etc. I have my nice cheap Speedlink Black Widow getting all dusty, so I may as well use it a bit.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Holly Shit! I was having it on my radar at Amazon for few fonths, but the price was steep. I may give it a go from this site. Embarrasing question: Can you play it in sort of arcadish mode? I mean, I do not want to spend a month to learn how to take off properly etc. I have my nice cheap Speedlink Black Widow getting all dusty, so I may as well use it a bit.

Yes you can play it in arcadish mode. ;) Don't worry bro, I'm in the same popamole boat: once upon a time I craved total realism, now I just want a close approximation of each planes' characteristics without needing to spend a month just learning how to take off. Just don't have the time for that in my old age and don't have the TrackIR or a really good stick to make it worthwhile going full realism. heh.

I recommend getting it from the FSPilot shop as they give you some 'credits' or something toward future purchases. Who knows if they are meaningful but hey, all things being equal they just offer a bit extra bullshit than the other one and it was easy to link paypal, no stupid confirming emails to sign up or whatever.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
spaz is more like repetitive map to map grind with nice sprites : the emptinessing

coffeebreak game with massive injection of growth hormones

I suggest looking at starfarer instead

Gord

Arcane
There has been a recent rather large update for SPAZ which allegedly has reduced grind a bit and added another faction (its now space pirates and zombies with bounty hunters).
Haven't replayed so far though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I keep planning on grabbing SPAZ but I sort of want to wait until it's in a bundle. Of course, with my luck it'll be in a bundle where I have zero interest in the other games sort of like Zombie Puzzler.

Zeus

Cipher

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some EA games are on sale at GOG. Highlights include Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, and Alpha Centauri, each for $3.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Some EA games are on sale at GOG. Highlights include Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, and Alpha Centauri, each for $3.
There's already a thread for GOG games. Please post there this kind of offers.

Thanks nonetheless for this. Unfortunately, I already have most of those games. :(

Zeus

Cipher

No, please don't. We've had GOG sales in this thread since day one (post #8 to be exact) and I really don't see the need to stop now.

Unless we really want a separate thread for each service. I call dibs on Big Fish Games! ;)

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

No, please don't. We've had GOG sales in this thread since day one (post #8 to be exact) and I really don't see the need to stop now.

Unless we really want a separate thread for each service. I call dibs on Big Fish Games! ;)

Well that's what I thought, the OP specifically mentions GOG so as far as I know their specials go here...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If you see further GOG posts here just click on the users post and click the Report Buttan (and just leave a comment like move to GOG thread). I'll happily move it to the GOG thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom