Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Borderlands 2 with the DLC Season Pass for $25 on amazon.com today only.

Was waiting for a bargain since it's coop focused and that's not my thing. I think this works.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Every D&D game is on sale on GOG. The more you buy, the more discount you get. Too bad I don't have any money to spare. :(

Turjan

Arcane
Every D&D game is on sale on GOG. The more you buy, the more discount you get. Too bad I don't have any money to spare. :(
Well, the only one I have left to buy is NWN2 Complete. Finally an opportunity to feel sozzy.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't know how you can get a better deal than this: http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Eur...28/?adtrackingid=cmju029&adtrackingid=cmju029

Europa Universalis III Chronicles for free on Gamefly. You have to register with the site, however. I picked this up in a Indie Gala bundle for a few bucks last week, but this Gamefly version is supposedly non-Steam. I wanted to give it a go so I could give the Codex a full report, but GameFly wanted me to register my credit card with my user registration, and the PayPal option didn't activate when I clicked on it. Since I'm uneasy about having my credit card information stored on someone's database, I didn't follow through. Maybe someone else can try.

Bruticis

D2D and thus gamefly can suck my dick. When D2D closed they wiped out half my games and never restored them to this day even after the conversion to Gamefly. That's OK though, I showed those bastards and just re-bought it all on Steam.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
D2D and thus gamefly can suck my dick. When D2D closed they wiped out half my games and never restored them to this day even after the conversion to Gamefly. That's OK though, I showed those bastards and just re-bought it all on Steam.

I still have everything, some of it is "download only" whatever that means, but I have access to it.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not Steam, but all Infinity Engine games and ToEE for under $7: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

All NWN games for $10: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete

I imagine everyone has these already. Still a good deal though.

Good to see this, but I think it belongs here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ain-sale-mega-thread-of-savings.58950/page-25

Maybe JarlFrank or Jaesun can move it for us.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
TEMP

I was looking for that thread but figured it had died or something. Sorry.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
I was going through some game sights and looking at bundles they have to offer when I stumbled upon an old and buried Gamer's Gate bundle that caught my eye.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-1CBIGPACK/1c-complete-pack-bundle?pg=3

It is called the 1C complete pack and last year it was being sold for only $21. Currently it is $99, but I believe some here would still feel it is worth the price. There are 85 games here, to include Star Wolves series, King's Bounty series, Fantasy Wars, Space Rangers series, Men of War, UFO series, Pathologic, and so on. Since I didn't buy the pack, I can't tell you which ones require a Steam code and which do not. Usually Gamer's Gate mixes this up and there's sometimes no telling until after the purchase.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Yeah I bought it, and after rating and uh "reviewing" all the games, I got about $18 worth of blue coin store credit out of it.

Bruticis

Yeah I bought it, and after rating and uh "reviewing" all the games, I got about $18 worth of blue coin store credit out of it.
Some thought provoking and insightful reviews, I might add.
A-Race Extreme Show review

By LundB posted 28th November 2012
The management portion of this game was ok, but the important part, the actual racing, seemed pretty poor. The steering was very sluggish, and it sometimes felt more like I was driving a boat than a car. There are so many racing games that get it RIGHT that there's not much reason to play this one.

Alien Shooter Gold Pack review

A solidly made shooter with some RPG elements of upgrading your stats and guns, though this is by no means an RPG. This game set out to be a fun shootemup time-waster, best consumed in small amounts, and it succeeded in this aim. If you like this sort of thing you'll like this.

Dusk-12 review

It doesn't have anything outstandingly AWFUL about it, but the thing is there are so many shooters that actually have selling points that there's no real need to play this sort of near-shovelware.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Shhh Bruticis Gamersgate will realise I just copypasted other reviews and changed the wording a little, and will revoke my free games.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Bros, I know this is a last minute inquiry and I apologize. Gamer's Gate has the Magicka collection for $7.50 for the next six hours.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MAGICKAC/magicka-collection

I'm not a big online gamer, so this question might seem naive to most. I have a Steam account (Traveler2099) and a Gamer's Gate account. I already have the Magicka collection on Steam. If I also purchase it on Gamer's Gate can I log one computer onto the Gamer's Gate version and the second on Steam so that I and a household family member can play side by side on two computers, or do they both need to be on Steam accounts to be compatible for two player online play?

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
w19-bethesda-top.jpg

Discount on some Bethesda games @ GamersGate. Skyrim at 15 bucks (12, if you were affected by the december fiasco). Dishonored is $15 too. Codex favorite Hunted: Demon's Forge 10 dorras.

kazgar

Arcane
Plenty of things that have been previously LP'ed on codex, will need to go through the list later.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok since this thread is apparently not Steam exclusive, here's a heads up to the Deep Silver Deals. Warning, just a few hours remaining:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/deep-silver-deals/

I'd absolutely recommend Lost Horizon and Tunguska 2, if you're into adventures (one of the finest contributions to the genre in the last decade; still shit compared to the previous one though). There's also Tunguska 3 but can't say anything, haven't played it yet.

And as for Risen 2, seems I'm defending the damn game on every forum on the whole damn internet, but I stand my ground - after the combat patch, it's NOT a terrible game. It's more flawed than the first Risen (fucked up chardev balance is the biggest problem) but if you're a Gothis/Risen fan, then you've no excuse not to grab it at the 75% off discount.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom