Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Angthoron

Arcane
So because I've been looking to get a back-up box or two of Torment for the time my old disks finally give out, I stumbled across this Ebay item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLANESCAPE-...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item519d2054ec

Original edition Torment, boxed, with some Italian text on the poster. 4-CD. For 19 dollars plus shipment.

Thought that maybe someone might be interested.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I got the box as well. Poster and everything, in good condition. I even remember buying it. I was 13 or 14 years old, buying it with my christmas gift money (500 SEK!). Store clerk was all like "hey kid you got good taste in games", and I was like "okay can I have my change now please."

Angthoron

Arcane
Nobody here bidding on that?
:decline:

Took the Buy Now option :smug:

I don't collect boxed games. I also don't collect Beanie Babies.

Too bad GoG uses the "2-CD" version of Torment rather than a patched 4-CD original or a republished & patched 4-CD. There are apparently some issues with zone loading, or so I've read (and so a friend I got to play it complained to me)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Witcher 2 will be $15 at Amazon Download (U.S. only -- might be a way to get around that but I don't know) starting at midnight Pacific Time.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Mass Effect 1 and 2 @ $4.99 each. Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition $7.49. This is at Amazon Downloads.

Damn. Is either both Mass Effects or Hearts of Iron 3 Complete at Gamersgate

Bruticis

GreenManGaming has LA:Noire for $10 bucks (it's a steam key) for 24 hours. I'm tempted for that price despite the blah reviews.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Price on that has dropped like a rock after only three or so months of the PC release. $10 is a good price but my interest in it is so low I'd only pick it up as a $5 impulse buy.

Thrasher

Erudite
Nice! Does anyone know if these have been fixed to run easily on XP and Win7?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I'm almost tempted to get it just for Icewind Dale, I still don't get that game, and for that price is even more cheap than GoG.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
GOG's prices are underwhelming. They rely too much on extracting higher prices from people who over value DRM free titles. They'd attract a lot more customers if they just went with deeper sales.

Gord

Arcane
Oil Rush is at ~30% off on GameStop/Impulse today, putting it at 11€.
Thinking about getting it.
Anyone tried it?
Does anyone know if I can play the Linux version if I buy it on Windows?

Edit: Just found that for 15€ or 20$ you can buy at Unigine and get access to all platforms, so that's probably the better option if you want to try use it on Linux.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga at Amazon for $5.99.

This one's tempting. Although I don't like dealing with tons of different digital distribution systems, that's a good price for something that I didn't want to 'acquire', since Larian seem like pretty ok guys, and I've heard good things about the game itself

Anyone here have experience with Amazon digital downloads? Do they put extra crap in with the game? (I figure no matter what, I'm going to get rid of any DRM, and back it up to a disk just in case).

mahdi

Liturgist
I never used Amazon, but from what I understand Larian released a patch that removes DRM from all versions - including this one. I guess that means it would work out to be very similar to GOG.

Turjan

Arcane
Fort Zombie for $2.50 at Amazon (U.S. only)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006VXXJOE

Although I believe they're price matching Gamestop so maybe you can buy it from Gamestop from outside of the U.S.

They also have Assassin's Creed (Director's Cut), Settlers: Rise of an Empire, Far Cry 2, or Call of Juarez 2 for $5 each, plus a buy one get one free deal, which reduces the price to $2.50 each. All titles DRM-free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom