Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Gerrard

Arcane
Ubisoft is having a sale where you can get the extra 20% with points on top of the store discounts.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I have the third one free too. I never play any of the few Ubi games I have. I've never played an AC game, most likely never will but free is free. So anyways.

I load up Uplay, I'm already logged in. I search the store, find the free AC4 offer. I click the button, it opens an external web page asking me to Register, I click it and it opens another page asking me to Login.

I look up my password, login, then it says to click to open Uplay (which is running and I'm logged into) and there's my free game.

I'm not going to complain as it's a free game but why send me to the web to login then send me back to the client which is already running and am already logged into to give me my game? Really odd.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm not going to complain as it's a free game but why send me to the web to login then send me back to the client which is already running and am already logged into to give me my game? Really odd.
That's odd indeed. I just clicked on the link of the front page, clicked "Install", and that was it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
F1 2015 is free for a limited time:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/f1-2015

I played either the 2010 or 2011 version years ago, that one was neat. Don't know anything about the quality of the newer ones.

These games are fun, but 2015 doesn't support the 360 controller which means I'll probably never play this one. Plus I already just bought 2016 a few days ago.

Stand back bro, I played that Mafia racing level with a keyboard.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Stand back bro, I played that Mafia racing level with a keyboard.

Patched or unpatched? I still remember flipping the car in the final lap :argh:.

Anyway, The Darkness 2 is free on Humble:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/..._layout_index_1_layout_type_twos_tile_index_1

It's a pretty entertaining game.

I grew up in the sticks with virtually nonexistent internet. First time I downloaded anything off the internet for a game was a Matrix mod for Max Payne 2 :lol:

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
I grew up in the sticks with virtually nonexistent internet. First time I downloaded anything off the internet for a game was a Matrix mod for Max Payne 2 :lol:
I didn't know Close Combat had any mods at all.

CC moding scene was very active. They even decided to create their own CC clone with improvements (TM), but it seemed pretty dead, when I last checked.

I think the fifth instalment had the best mods, like whole new campaigns and theatres (Africa, Spanish Civil War, Stalingrad again).
There was also this great mod about invasion of Panama - for CC2 I think?

EDIT: For those interested:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=25

I remember having good impressions from playing El Alamein, Surabaya, Kharkov and Gold Juno Sword, but I'm pretty sure you will find something for your particular tastes.

EDIT 2: Sweet golden baby, that site is pure nostalgia. I think I'll throw out some sheckles at Gog and get CCV just to play those mods again.
And get disappointed by the Ai again

Last edited:

Don Peste

Arcane
Some old RTS and RPGs owned by THQNordic are on sale pretty cheap at Gamersgate (DRM-free): https://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/id/6059/
All great games, I triple guarantee you.

w122
w122
w122
w122
w122
w122
w122
w122
w122
w122

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom