Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Valtiel

Scholar
There's Horizon for ps4 at 20€. Is it gud? I'm not so much in the mood for this kind of game but if it's really good may i'll take it

zaper

Yes.
Developer
There's Horizon for ps4 at 20€. Is it gud? I'm not so much in the mood for this kind of game but if it's really good may i'll take it
Horizon Zero Dawn? I watched my gf play it a couple of times, the story(and its presentation) is pretty nice. The graphics are also very good(if you're into that kind of thing) and the combat seems fun, with you having to find the "pattern" of each enemy.

Atomkilla

Arcane

It's a very good action adventure game. Excellent, actually.
It's more than worth it for 20 bucks, but if you're not in the mood don't bother now.

Don Peste

Arcane
This deserves at least a mention here:
Both PoE Definitive Edition and Tyranny given away to Twitch Prime members in July

https://blog.twitch.tv/get-ready-for-the-biggest-game-giveaway-in-twitch-prime-history-52e55aba19eb

I wonder how much Obsidian receives from this.
japbrMX.jpg

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition - 2nd July - 4th July
Q.U.B.E 2 - 3rd July - 9th July
Metal Slug 3 - 3rd July - 2nd August
The Last Blade 2 - 3rd July - 2nd August
Twinkle Star Sprites - 3rd July - 2nd August
Battle Chef Brigade - 4th July - 10th July
Manual Samuel - 5th July - 11th July MediantSamuel
Gonner - 6th July - 12th July
Next Up Hero - 7th July - 13th July
Uurnog Uurnlimited - 8th July - 14th July
Hue - 9th July - 15th July
Deponia Doomsday - 10th July - 16th July
Observer - 11th July - 17th July
Tacoma - 12th July - 18th July
The Bridge - 13th July - 26th July
Brutal Legend - 14th July - 27th July
The Red Strings Club - 15th July - 21st July
Tyranny - 16th July - 17th July
Broken Age - 17th July - 31st July

All DRM-free.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Some itch.io discounts :
- Voidspire Tactics ($4.94) A great game, buy it if you haven't yet.
- Alvora Tactics ($4.99) The sequel, with the same mechanisms but a different structure.
- The dwarf run ($1.34) I think it's always discounted, according to fellow codexers it's worth it if you like turn-based battles.
- Quest for infamy ($1.99) Qfg-like.
- Questlike ($2.50)
- Das geisterschiff (7.22€ EUR) Our friend's turn-based futuristic dungeon crawler.
- Chimera Crusader (currently free) Not amazing but hey it's free.
- Kim ($4.94)
- Lucah ($12)
steamcombatgif02.JPG

Rogue-likes :
- Haque ($7.49)
- Kilgazar ($2.99)
- MidBoss ($4.94) A rogue-like where you possess monsters.
- Caves of Qud ($8.99)
- The Wizard's lair (£0.99 GBP)
- Oleas's Descent ($3.99)

Tacticools :
- Age of fear complete series ($24.99) Quite cheap if you don't own any of the games, you can also buy them individually. The first one is very good, and judging by the demo of the second one it must be just as good. I don't know about the third one but it's likely in the same vein.
- Depth of Extinction ($13.99)
- Ganbare! Super Strikers ($4.99) Tactical soccer.
- Of Gods And Men ($3.99)
8qipEI.png

- All Walls Must Fall ($4.99)

JRPG-ish corner :
- Knights of Tartarus ($7.99) Be careful, it's in early access.
- Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto fantasy ($7.99) A demo version is available.
- Towards The Pantheon ($1.99)
- Endless reality ($1.25)
- Magic diary ($7.20) This game has a big range of spells.
- Fortune-499 ($3.99)

Some loose stuff :
- Gunman Tales ($5.35) It's a wild west multiplayer "party game" supposedly inspired by Moonstone, which makes me at least slightly intrigued about it.
- ZeroRanger ($9.95)
- Seeds of resilience ($9.23) In development.
- Tenebrous dungeon ($2.99)
Mj9Pp%2F.gif

- Dicey dungeons ($6) A game about dices, it's unfinished but it has dices.
- System Crash ($10.49) A solo card game.
- Emergency city ($4.50)
MTnZOg.png

- Black Closet ($8.00) Some investigation thing.
- Fhtagn! ($6.49) CYOA.
- Milkmaid of the Milky Way ($1.99) No idea if it's good but at least it's cheap.
- The Order of the Throne - The King's challenge ($1.99) By the Quest for infamy team.
- The Eyes of Ara ($4.49) A Myst clone.
- Eselmir and the five magical gifts ($1.39) Looks like a decent point & click, and it's really cheap.
- NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics ($2.49) A turn-based shmup, whatever it means.
- Gunmetal Arcadia ($5.99) More games discounted by the same team, such as Super win the game ($1.59) These games are meant to be good.
- Russian subway dogs ($9.89)
- Viviette ($8.99) Looks like thoes RPG Maker horror games, except the art is actually decent in this one.
- MewnBase ($4.79) A base builder with cats, in development for a long time.
- Legend of Hand ($3.49) A point & click with turn-based battles.
- Captain Disaster in: Death has a million stomping boots ($4.49) A decent point & click.
- Lovecraft Quest ($1.94)
- Neofeud ($5.99) Cyberpunk point & click.
- Clash Force ($3.74)
rw5%2F65.gif

- Domina ($6.94) A gladiator management game.
- BLUE REVOLVER ($5.24)
- Zenodyne-r ($1.52) The team is selling two more shmups which are as cheap.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
no disrespect for your effort - but most of those games look like they should be free

if newgrounds was a place for (stickmen) flash games, then itch.io is for "pixelart" (roguelikes)

ultra loser

Scholar
Yeah back in our times shit like that was called a "minigame" and added for free on CD included with video game magazines.

Talk like that's enough to make a person take their game and move to the Epic Store where they can sell their wonderful product free of bullying via forum or review.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom