Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
itch.io is having a charity bundle. Over 700 games with more being added:
https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

5 USD minimum. All DRM free (no Steam codes).

The vast majority of these games don't speak to me, but I did find more than a few interesting ones.

Anyone who buys this bundle now legally owns this game
F5z8PTE.png

Consider your soul, brethren.

Don Peste

Arcane
itch.io is having a charity bundle. Over 700 games with more being added:
https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

5 USD minimum. All DRM free (no Steam codes).

The vast majority of these games don't speak to me, but I did find more than a few interesting ones.
Ends in a few hours. Here's a small selection of games that look interesting: https://itch.io/c/938385/rje-picks
Includes Pyre, Pendula Swing, Octodad, MidBoss, Legend of Hand or Babysitter Bloodbath (from Puppet Combo).

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought it a week ago and it's a great bundle. Celeste alone is enough to make it worth it. I played night in the woods past week it was nice. Kinda a pace break after completing so many rpgs during the last 3 months

Good shit. Was genuinely interested in Planetfall and Void Bastards (Though I hear Planetfall's a bit of a letdown compared to current AoW3, and I've already played some Void Bastards from game pass but I'm glad to have a copy for keeps) and the rest seems interesting. Interesting enough I'll type some garbage about them.

Railway Empire looks like it could potentially be similar to Sid Meier's Railroads, which would be nice. SM's Railroads has fun quick simplicity mixed with the simple pleasure of watching your railway grow, so if this doesn't get TOO crunchy that could be nice. Too much train-crunch and it may go over my head.
Basingstoke surprised me because I didn't realize Puppygames had made another game, I thought they were dead. Looks like Basingstoke sold like shit (Possibly because that title and image make my eyes glaze over) but after some cursory research, it sounds interesting. Roguelite stealth thing. Might be neat.
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, know nothing about it but it's big capital ships slugging it out so I guess that's cool. The version included in here is the "Season 1" pass, so it includes a stack of DLC with it and isn't just the game itself.
Yuppie Psycho, made by the guy that did Count Lucanor, should be interesting. Stealthy adventure weirdness I assume.
Beat Hazard 2, I really enjoyed the first one but since storing music on your computer is madness I'm not sure how well this will work with streamed music. This probably would've been a skip from me if there weren't better options, but I'll try it out eventually.
Sigma Theory, had never heard of it before but it's apparently a turn based strategy game where you manage spies in a sci-fi setting and it's made by the people that did Out There, sounds like it could be neat.
Metal Unit, some anime side scrolling platformer ARPG thing, easy enough skip.
Don't Escape, apparently some post apocalyptic adventure game. Know nothing about it but random-ass adventure games I've never heard of are good pickups in bundles since occasionally there'll be something surprising.
Verlet Swing, the trailer for it on Steam made that another easy skip. Didn't even look like there was gameplay to speak of, just fucking with a grappling hook in Quake.
Earthlock, smells like JRPG which is offputting but it looks like there's a pig man so that's a plus. Would've potentially been on the chopping block but there were less appealing options.

Overall good bundle. Beat Hazard 2 might be the one I'm least enthused for and even that will probably get a look. I'm usually happy with these if I get 3 relatively solid games and this one didn't have anything that completely blew me away but almost the entirety of it sounds worth booting up and checking out.
:greatjob:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
isn't it a multiplayer-only game who got a sequel so it's pretty much deader than dead?

It's like a Borderlands type thing iirc, always online and co-op focused but you can technically solo it. Though why you'd want to when there's a thousand true singleplayer games to play I don't know.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Based on one post from one guy on another forum there are players now.

Probably because they just made it free and not for long, but I'm just making assumptions here, I've no idea.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Cool, I loved the first one, have yet to play the second one but just bought the third one anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom