Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Omega Syndrome: Game lost to time? [FOUND]

Jack_Deth

Augur
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is it correct that the full install only requires 17 MB? This seems ridiculously low to me.

I would say so too, I found the installer last night, OmegaSyndromeFull.exe. 167,684 KB. It's got a key that is locked.

Codex Year of the Donut
got it working
q7R5KgN.png

Check the stderr.txt log file in the game's directory to see if it complains about missing fonts, that was my issue

Codex Year of the Donut
My full install is 98MiB BTW. I'm pretty sure the game unpacks some archives the first time you successfully launch it though.

Is it correct that the full install only requires 17 MB? This seems ridiculously low to me.

I would say so too, I found the installer last night, OmegaSyndromeFull.exe. 167,684 KB. It's got a key that is locked.
If you bought it you probably have the latest version, I think this is an older one.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still doesn't wanna launch :negative:

Oh well, gotta try it on my old XP netbook I guess.

Still, amazing that after so many years of the game being lost, two people show up at the same time to upload it :salute:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, how did you manage to get it to work?

I installed the version provided by Scarlett Lilith, but when I type the key, I get the message "The key you entered is already expired. Please enter a new key".

Codex Year of the Donut
Guys, how did you manage to get it to work?

I installed the version provided by Scarlett Lilith, but when I type the key, I get the message "The key you entered is already expired. Please enter a new key".
Did you enter the name correctly?

Codex Year of the Donut
the name/key from the version posted by Scarlet Lilith doesn't work with the version posted by Jack_Deth

Yes, checked it too...

But I tried it with Scarlet Lilith's version and got the expired message.
No idea, worked for me.

the name/key from the version posted by Scarlet Lilith doesn't work with the version posted by Jack_Deth
This version appears to have some major changes, btw. I wonder if anyone can track down a name/key for it.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Now I'm confused. Installed on another laptop (Scarlet version), copy pasted key, worked.

Perhaps the problem on the previous laptop was that I first installed a more modern version provided by Jack_Deth. I removed it and was quite dilligent about it, but perhaps some files remained somewhere and caused a conflict.

Anyway, yes, the more modern version seems much better. There are more stats (7 instead of 5), social skills, traits and perks (shamelessly copied from Fallout, but...), also much cooler visuals. I'd love to get my hands on a key to this one.

Codex Year of the Donut
I think the demo checks were moved into external script files(they're not in text format, some kind of binary format) in the 3.x version, I might be able to easily patch them out if so.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think the demo checks were moved into external script files(they're not in text format, some kind of binary format) in the 3.x version, I might be able to easily patch them out if so.

Good luck then! Looking forward to playing the newer one.

Playing with the old version at the moment, but it's pretty barebones compared to the 3.27. At least it does not begin in a dark corridor with those irritating worms.

Jack_Deth

Augur
Patron
Insert Title Here
Awesome, so you guys figured out how to bypass the key check in my version?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom