Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Outer Worlds gets Spacer's Choice Edition remaster

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
more like The Outer Turd: Chosen People's Edition

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What a baffling mystery.

The game didn't even sell that well. If you compare this to other higher-caliber RPGs (or action-RPGs), the numbers just aren't that high.
Was the game THAT cheap to produce that they can affort to blow even more money on the "franchise"?

Sure, a lot of people played it on game pass, but that doesn't really translate to money for the developers.

Maybe that's the reason. Obsidian didn't decide to do this, and they didn't pay for it. Microsoft did. Maybe they think having a more polished version of this turd on Gamepass is worth the cost of production.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
2023-03-13_22-01-57.jpg

Darkforge

Augur
This is the most garbage so called RPG I have played in recent memory, but its a good yardstick. All I have to do is look up any reviewers review of this game and if it's positive then I know not to look to their opinion about anything.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What a baffling mystery.

The game didn't even sell that well. If you compare this to other higher-caliber RPGs (or action-RPGs), the numbers just aren't that high.
Was the game THAT cheap to produce that they can affort to blow even more money on the "franchise"?

Sure, a lot of people played it on game pass, but that doesn't really translate to money for the developers.

Games doing well on game pass is actually an important metric for Microsoft. They want to build game pass to be an important revenue generator for them, and it also allows them to sell systems. They want to replicate the netflix model for games.

Zeriel

Arcane
I played it on gamepass for a bit. It had some okayish shooting mechanics and that was basically everything positive to say about it. Not sure what warrants this remaster or what the point of it is.
Older CRPGs are like fine cuisine, modern ones like fast food and TOW is stale fast food.

I get a lot more joy out of fast food than I do 99% of modern games.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Remastering an UE4 game to UE4.

The audacity. They used to remaster 20 yo games, but nowadays they can't even wait for 5.
And previous owners still have to pay for it :lol:

"By cunts, for cunts".

That's just smart business. If you're dumb enough to want to play this, you're dumb enough to pay again for it.

Slaver1

Savant
Looks like the plebs are falling back to their original beloved "classic" as the "remaster" doesn't seem well optimized. There's a snug consensus you find with Reddit/Steam types that the cancerous radioactive turd called TOW is actually good enough for what it is.

The bar keeps getting irrevocably lower the dumber the audience gets but with cultural and genetic decline in full effect there's a possibility developers at the likes of Obsidian and Bioware lose the capacity to make videogames entirely so we're spared witnessing the depths they can still plumb.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What a baffling mystery.

Games doing well on game pass is actually an important metric for Microsoft. They want to build game pass to be an important revenue generator for them, and it also allows them to sell systems. They want to replicate the netflix model for games.
And it fails in this case because this "masterpiece" version is not even on gamepass. You have to pay in addition to paying for gamepass to get the "masterpiece" version.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What a baffling mystery.

And it fails in this case because this "masterpiece" version is not even on gamepass. You have to pay in addition to paying for gamepass to get the "masterpiece" version.
Which makes it a masterpiece in shady business practices.
Truly a miraculous game.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Remastering an UE4 game to UE4.

The audacity. They used to remaster 20 yo games, but nowadays they can't even wait for 5.
And previous owners still have to pay for it :lol:

"By cunts, for cunts".

That's just smart business. If you're dumb enough to want to play this, you're dumb enough to pay again for it.
See : Skyrim
Oh boy, I can't wait to buy Skyrim a 10th time with the release of Skyrim : Epic Gamer bath water edition.
I heard in this version, you can see Serana's feet!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this trend of "remastering" relatively recent games that still work decently and getting charged 60 bucks for it when you already have it.

Remember when people used to joke about Activision churning out Call of Duty after Call of Duty and they're all the same game?
Well now it's remasters.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom